• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help With My New Cs3

carson

Welcome to the forum!

1. I'm not sure about the facelift CS3, but my owner's manual (2001 CS3A with a 4G18) says 91 octane or above, so I pump 95. If your manual says use 95 and if you love your car, just use 95. The few extra bucks you pay now will save you a couple of thousand bucks in the future.

2. If you put your foot down or if you're sitting in traffic for extensive periods of time, then I expect it to go down to a minimum of 10km/l and it's highly unlikely that it goes below that. On average, it should do between 10 and 12 in the city. Mine is generally between 11 and 12 km/l.

3. Looks like your car needs a tune-up urgently. Over 40,000km without a tuneup is a pretty long time. Since this is the first time that you're doing a tune-up on the car, I suggest you replace the air filter, spark plugs and give it a good injector and throttle body cleanup. I personally don't like fuel system cleaners. I'd rather have the injectors taken off and cleaned and I suggest you do the same. There are plenty of places outside where you can get the full tuneup done for under 10,000LKR. Try A$NU at Koswatta or N@l@k@a Wheel Alignment Centre Hyde Park (both places have ultrasonic injector cleaning equipment).

Hope this helps.

hi all ,

this is the first time that im getting in to this forum,there fore there might be mistakes,how ever im also having a cs3a (2001 glx),can you please share the owners manual,or please tell me how to find a owners manual.

thank u

Edited by Ashein

hi all ,

this is the first time that im getting in to this forum,there fore there might be mistakes,how ever im also having a cs3a (2001 glx),can you please share the owners manual,or please tell me how to find a owners manual.

thank u

Welcome to the forum!

I was looking for the owner's manual myself and despite peering through the Internet, I couldn't find it. So I ended up borrowing one from a friend who had one and getting the whole thing photocopied. Still the manual was of a 2004 CS3, but most of the content was identical.

It's disappointing to see owners not transferring the manual to the new owners, when cars are sold. These are brand new, agent imported cars after all. Seems to be a common practice. The guy who sold me the CS3 said that it has been misplaced.

The service manuals are shared in the thread below if you're interested.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/9732-lancer-service-manuals-available-here/

dear all,

i have another problem also and this is with my electrical system .when the headlighs are switched on or flashing (with ac or without ac ...in any condition) when i accelerate the engine it gets brighter and again gets dimmer.my mechanic told me (mr.dammika at kota road) there is not a problem with my aulternator charging rate or the battery.Not only that my AC also gets low and engine will increase the RPM rate to stabalize the issue (some times).

*alutornator is ok

*battery (45amp) is quite (green color)ok

guys i need help.also tell me is it ok to replace a battery with a 65amp ,is it ok to the electronic components relays wires and to the alternator etc..

thank you .

dear all,

i have another problem also and this is with my electrical system .when the headlighs are switched on or flashing (with ac or without ac ...in any condition) when i accelerate the engine it gets brighter and again gets dimmer.my mechanic told me (mr.dammika at kota road) there is not a problem with my aulternator charging rate or the battery.Not only that my AC also gets low and engine will increase the RPM rate to stabalize the issue (some times).

*alutornator is ok

*battery (45amp) is quite (green color)ok

guys i need help.also tell me is it ok to replace a battery with a 65amp ,is it ok to the electronic components relays wires and to the alternator etc..

thank you .

How do you know that the alternator is OK? Did you take the car to an auto electrician and check how the alternator functions at different stages (start, idle, with load)?

The most probable cause for this is a bad rectifier circuit in the alternator. I have had the exact same symptoms on my CS3 and got the alternator serviced and the rectifier replaced which solved the issue. The genuine rectifier circuit cost me about Rs. 7000 back in 2012 or so.

Also, the CS3 comes with a 55mAh battery from the factory. Model 55D23L.

• Like 3

thanks a lot for helping and for the quick replies,im very much happy.

i checked the alternator via a scaner ,and the mechanic told me the charging rate is quite ok,but i think you are correct there can be a issue in the rectifier,better to check it first. also my battery is 45mAh, i think have to replace that also if it is not suitable.

will c it on this weekend ,ill update .

hi again ,

i thinnk i found the problem (alternator issue).i have to change the diode pack and service the alternator ,but can use it for some time and planning to run a little bit.....

can anyone tell me a place to buy a spoiler for my cs3 (similar to stock one ,this is not a modified car)

thank you.

Edited by Ashein

hi again ,

i thinnk i found the problem (alternator issue).i have to change the diode pack and service the alternator ,but can use it for some time and planning to run a little bit.....

can anyone tell me a place a person or a contact no to buy a spoiler for my cs3 (similar to stock one ,this is not a modified car)

thank you.

Edited by Ashein

hi again ,

can anyone tell me a place a person or a contact no to buy a spoiler for my cs3 (similar to stock one ,this is not a modified car)

thank you.

The "diode pack" is the rectifier I was talking about above. I'd advice you to prioritize your repairs and attend to the alternator first. Running with a faulty alternator will only affect the battery and you will end up with a bad battery soon. That's about another 12,000 - 15,000.

As for a stock spoiler, check the below thread:

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/9443-side-skirts-a-spoiler-for-lancer/

hi davy,

thank you for ur great help during all this time .its very usefull for freashers like us, ya planning to repair the alternator first as u adviced.

i read your thred and got to know spoilers are very rare and always seeing in other's cars thats the hardest part :P how ever have to dig deep down i ihtink.

thanks a lot.

see u soon

Edited by Ashein

thanks a lot for helping and for the quick replies,im very much happy.

i checked the alternator via a scaner ,and the mechanic told me the charging rate is quite ok,but i think you are correct there can be a issue in the rectifier,better to check it first. also my battery is 45mAh, i think have to replace that also if it is not suitable.

will c it on this weekend ,ill update .

I also got 45Ah battery in CS3A as I remember, It is the factory fitted one (yeah,still on original battery)

Let me tell you my experince,

Once when I closed the door,it didn't close fully and the cabin light was at "DOOR" position and I didn't notice.

usually it will be automattically turned off with timer after closing and locking the door, But as it was not fully closed, the light was ON for unkown time.Guess what, one morning in rush when I tried to start the car there was no display :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004:

Fortunately I have an extra battery and mains cable as spares for jump start :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

So,Pls repair your alternator as soon as possible and keep you out of missery at a country road in dark night with no way to drive the car. :music-smiley-009:

Edited by nagaya

hi guys

Thanks nagaya.

Hello again this time im facing a new problem,and it is with my new car stereo (not a genuin pioneer,an A grade one) .after proper installation there was a whistle sound according to engine race, (the guy who installed that told me the sound os comming through the broken antena cable but im sure my antena is perfect ,it worked with my prev stock cassette) and i went on some youtube videos and their advice is to ground the RCA cable (car stereo is grounded properly),but i cannt figure the proper rca cable and tried all the rca ports,and finally i lost that noise by removing the mounting screws (04 no) .

i know its not a proper solution so is there a way to sort it out.pros need your help.

thank you.

have a great day .

hi guys

Thanks nagaya.

Hello again this time im facing a new problem,and it is with my new car stereo (not a genuin pioneer,an A grade one) .after proper installation there was a whistle sound according to engine race, (the guy who installed that told me the sound os comming through the broken antena cable but im sure my antena is perfect ,it worked with my prev stock cassette) and i went on some youtube videos and their advice is to ground the RCA cable (car stereo is grounded properly),but i cannt figure the proper rca cable and tried all the rca ports,and finally i lost that noise by removing the mounting screws (04 no) .

i know its not a proper solution so is there a way to sort it out.pros need your help.

thank you.

have a great day .

Did you get your alternator fixed? The sound you hear from the stereo is also a symptom of a faulty alternator. The symptoms will get only worse until your battery will fail to charge. That's why I advised you to attend to this immediately.

:( nope then better ill go and fix it,but when i go to the garage always they are returning me back telling that theres not a issue bt problem is remainning better to fix the alternater problem first.ill will get on to it asap.now im scared.

but can u please explain me how is it possible (noise and the alter )

thank u davy thanks a lot

Edited by Ashein

:( nope then better ill go and fix it,but when i go to the garage always they are returning me back telling that theres not a issue bt problem is remainning better to fix the alternater problem first.ill will get on to it asap.now im scared.

but can u please explain me how is it possible (noise and the alter )

thank u davy thanks a lot

A perfectly functioning alternator outputs a direct current (DC). When the rectifier circuit fails, the current's smoothness is lost and the current will contain "ripples". While modern audio equipment are capable of dealing with some level of impurities in the current, excessive alternations (ripples) will cause them to output the signal through the speakers.

Keep in mind that it is this same "impure" current that is flowing through most of your car's circuits now. This is why its critical to repair your alternator as soon as possible.

hi guys

Thanks nagaya.

thank you.

have a great day .

original radio seems to have good filtering and power regulating circuit than this chinese one. you also cut the radio jack and connected the wires one by one ne?

hi guys

first of all wishing u guys a happy new year.

nagaya:yup i cut all the wires and connected one by one,but antena is conected as it is.hmmm guys like davy said i have to repair my alternator that is another problem ,by i found a temp solution for my stereo problem.i removed all the mounting screws now theres no sound by the thing is its not fixed to the body :( how ever im planning to do the repairsby next week ....hmmm and resently changed engine belts also.today i experience 120KmpH wow car is very smooth love it more ...

c you

ps: here why cant we all met to gether ....just a lancer get together. :yahoo: ....bt i got to know that davy is no longer in the country.. :violent-smiley-100:

Edited by Ashein

ps: here why cant we all met to gether ....just a lancer get together. :yahoo: ....bt i got to know that davy is no longer in the country.. :violent-smiley-100:

Will let you guys know when I'm back for the holidays (unfortunately the avurudu holidays isn't one of them). :S

I'll also have to borrow a Lancer from someone, because mine is no longer with me. Does having a Lancer overseas count? ;) The new owner of my CS3 is also on the forum by the way, so it'll be like meeting my ex at a party. :D

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Davy" data-cid="276200" data-time="1428987079"><p>

Will let you guys know when I'm back for the holidays (unfortunately the avurudu holidays isn't one of them). :S<br />

<br />

I'll also have to borrow a Lancer from someone, because mine is no longer with me. Does having a Lancer overseas count? ;) The new owner of my CS3 is also on the forum by the way, so it'll be like meeting my ex at a party. :D</p></blockquote>

You can always have mine!

Will let you guys know when I'm back for the holidays (unfortunately the avurudu holidays isn't one of them). :S

I'll also have to borrow a Lancer from someone, because mine is no longer with me. Does having a Lancer overseas count? ;) The new owner of my CS3 is also on the forum by the way, so it'll be like meeting my ex at a party. :D

ya ya i know manura .....the guy who bought your car,i first went to buy his cs1 and went to my current car cs3...hmmm ya trinity is a pro member so he can organize a get for us right? :sport-smiley-004: