• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Or Axio? Update: Bought A Lancer! (Aka The B.r.a.t.t. Thread)

Bracket

Question

Hello Experts,

Excited to join Autolanka forums :D Waited almost for month for an admin to approve me ... anyway, whoever the admin that approved me, :smilie_liebe12:

Last December, I sold my good old Maruti WagonR ( 2008 model, 5yrs old, driven for 30000+ Kms) For 1.6mil. I was searching for a good car to buy ever since. ( that's how I ended up on autolanka) So now that I finally got approved I thought it's time to get expert ideas on buying my new vehicle.

My budget is 3.5mil - 4.0mil. I wanted to buy a japanese car and browsing the internet, Finally I decided that there are two contenders:

1. Toyota axio 161 1.3 X Grade (2013)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 GLX (2013)

Both the cars ( Brand New ) are being sold for 3.5 mil. for the permit. ( Lancer : 3,460,000 to be exact)

My priorities are:

-RELIABILITY
-Fuel Economy

-Spare Parts Availability

-Safety And comfort

-Handling

-Looks

- Resale value

Axio Dealers are mainly bragging of TOYOTA Reliability and Spare parts availability. They assured me I'm in deep trouble if I choose a mitsubishi because there are no spare parts in local market and I would have to buy spare parts only from agent paying a huge amount of money and I have to wait till eternity for mitsubishi agents to import parts from japan. And they also mentioned that unlike axio, I won't be able to sell the mitsubishi for a decent price. (if I wanted to, of course)

I called mitsu agents and they say they have spare parts for any vehicle they sell and I don't have to worry. However the sales guy said he have no idea on 3rd party parts availability.

So as you all can see i'm in a dilemma here. If you were in my position which car would you buy? And please be kind enough to mention why.. :)

This is my first post on autolanka, so please go easy on me if I have offended any rule.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bracket

With Magnum on this one, as pretty as dark shades are, they do show off evey little scratch. And a pearl always looks good :)

I agree with the colour in general, but white and perl white looks awefull for an Ex. even light grey and beige dont look good. (IMO)

THE JDM Galant Fortis is offered in Pearl White (albeit it doesn't look as, dare i say it, pearly as the Toyota Pearl white) but it takes away the aggressiveness a bit but still pretty damn nice especially with the sports pack.

70010205212013120300100.jpg93201307220050007501100.jpg70009028172013042000400.jpg

I must say the JDM is offered with some "interesting" dealer options. Check out the blue "grill and bumper lighting"on page 2 :)

http://mitsubishi-motors.page-view.jp/galant_fortis_accessory/pageview/data/target.pdf

Edited by iRage

Oh my...with a tiny bit of work and a white lancer can look pretty badass. I love that hood on the first picture!

So I take it that OP is convinced on the Lancer? Shall we talk him into buying the 2 liter GT? :D

• Like 1

Oh my...with a tiny bit of work and a white lancer can look pretty badass. I love that hood on the first picture!

So I take it that OP is convinced on the Lancer? Shall we talk him into buying the 2 liter GT? :D

I am in, as long as I get a chance on driving it :-D

Hoonigan I am pretty convinced. :smilie_liebe9:

GT version is no longer imported by Uni*o they say, atleast not for the permit.

I chose Lancer over Axio... Thanks guys, for showing me the way! :grinning-smiley-043:

Now I have to choose between GLX or GLS. GLX is roughly 3.5 mil and GLS is roughly 3.9 mil.

For another 4 lakhs I will get:

- Adaptive front light system

- “ GLS “mark on rear right side

- Front door trim formed type with synthetic leather insert & decorative ornament gloss black

- Door inner handle –chrome

- 3 spoke leather steering with air bag and Audio controllers ( GLX - Urethane, no Audio Controllers)

- Lever type parking brake and shift knob (Leather) ( GLX - Urethane)

- Instrument panel with decorative ornament (gloss black)

- Ignition key cylinder with illumination

- Wide 2-Dine center panel + wide 2 din touch panel display audio (AM/FM & CD) with digital quartz clock + audio jack with USB port

(GLX : Wide 2 Din center panel + wide 2 Din audio (AM/FM & CD player) with digital quartz clock, audio jack & 4 speakers)

- Fabric seats (suede knit Emboss) ( GLX : Normal type seats fabric plain knit)

- Rear split back type without side back with 2 headrests with trunk through & center armrest with cup holder ( GLX : Rear bench type seat with headrest)

- Full automatic air conditioner with chrome ring

- Immobilizer

-EDIT : Body coloured rear view mirrors with manual folding function ( GLX : Black coloured rear view mirrors with manual folding function )

That's about it. So guys, is it a good deal for 4lakhs? Should I choose GLS over GLX ?

Edited by Bracket

Yay! Problem solved! Go buy it and post lots if pics here!!

Not solved komi. :/

I'm googling for an actual pic of lancer EX GLX but still no luck.

The brochure Uni*o guys sent me states that GLX comes with 16” Alloy wheel, Front fog lamps (reflector type), Power door mirrors (Black).

I couldnt find a GLX with black Power door mirrors and fog lamps. What the hell ?

Check out this website:

http://www.carguide.ph/2013/03/review-2013-mitsubishi-lancer-ex-glx-at.html

That damn GLX have no fog lamps, and it's got body coloured door mirrors.

Whooye!!

It seems that Uni*o guys import a paticular GLX to Sri Lanka...

Found some pics, finally. GLX actually got black door mirrors.

I'm thinking it would be best to buy the GLX and invest the 4 lakhs on the car... may be a good ICE setup? And a reverse camera? Advce would be greatly appreciated...

I will open a LC within a week.

vfhy.jpg

h7t8.jpg

7uh3.jpg

Got the pics from an Autolanka ad, hope I didnt violate any forum rules.

Edited by Bracket

U will have a better resale value with all the additional genuine options. specially with the auto adjustable headlights and multi-function steering.

I feel the value proposition of the extras is very good for the price.

Peace of mind of having the genuine extras.

if above posed quots are accurate you only have to put 3.7mil not 3.9mil

I personally prefer genuine extras to outside fitted ones. what ever said or done, if u fix something externally the probability of something going wrong is high. (at least there will be some vibration).

Edited by Harry (aq)
  • Like 1

Yeah and I dont think that you can fit a climate control AC to a GLX easily. But anyway ultimatly it should be your desioition. If you feel like you dont need those extra bells and whistles and feel like that you can add more useful features (like reverse camera TV/NAVI setup that you mentioned) to a GLX with that extra money, I say go for the GLX.

• Like 1

U will have a better resale value with all the additional genuine options. specially with the auto adjustable headlights and malfunction steering.

:) I know this is a typo but I can't help myself....this is one option you probably do not want to pay extra for ? You always need to have your steering in tact and always functioning in order to avoid trees, cliffs,etc....

It seems like you will be keeping the car for a long time, in which case the second hand value between a GLS and a GLX might not be that far off (lets say 7,8-10 years down the road...I am just speculating here...). Like you said 4 lakhs can buy you some decent performance upgrades like suspension, exhaust, etc...The money might not be enough to cover all but at least some to start off with that will make it a more entertaining thing to drive.

• Like 1

:) I know this is a typo but I can't help myself....this is one option you probably do not want to pay extra for ? You always need to have your steering in tact and always functioning in order to avoid trees, cliffs,etc....

Hahaha

Yeah and I dont think that you can fit a climate control AC to a GLX easily. But anyway ultimatly it should be your desioition. If you feel like you dont need those extra bells and whistles and feel like that you can add more useful features (like reverse camera TV/NAVI setup that you mentioned) to a GLX with that extra money, I say go for the GLX.

That's exactly what I was thinking...

aniwaaryayenma! :D

I myself don't know what I would do if i had to choose between 2 models like this. At times we think of saving some money. But then when it's a car that I'll be using for a long time, i feel like i wouldnt mind treating myself to some fancy creature comforts. If you CAN spare the extra cash why not... loosing a bit of cash that would have otherwise just sat in your bank is better than going through that sense of regret over not treating yourself..

It REALLY REALLY boils down to personal preference and budget.

• Like 1