• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tint Level & The Ideal Matching

dilan_randika

Hi Friends,

If car windows are tinted with adhere to SL lows as well, Front 2 windows are to be tinted in light material.

Rear window in medium material for better back visibility.

And back 2 passenger windows in fully dark.

1. If car is Silver color, doesn't this much of combination looks bad on car's appearance?

2. If all 5 windows are tinted with lighted material for a silver car, will it be nice?

3. Won't the lighted dark material cut the sun shine/heat properly?

For 1 and 2, the answer is based on individual taste. I NEVER tint any of my cars. Any kind of tint makes a car look ugly in my opinion.

For 3, I honestly have no idea. From what I know, modern cars come with uv protected glass anyway so I dont know to what extent tinying helps.

• Like 1

Hi Friends,

If car windows are tinted with adhere to SL lows as well, Front 2 windows are to be tinted in light material.

Rear window in medium material for better back visibility.

And back 2 passenger windows in fully dark.

1. If car is Silver color, doesn't this much of combination looks bad on car's appearance?

2. If all 5 windows are tinted with lighted material for a silver car, will it be nice?

3. Won't the lighted dark material cut the sun shine/heat properly?

According to Sri Lankan Law, you cant tint front two windows (diver side and passenger side). Relevant gazette notification is already posted by me under MADZ name. Do search. So many threads are discussed on this matter. :)

According to Sri Lankan Law, you cant tint front two windows (diver side and passenger side). Relevant gazette notification is already posted by me under MADZ name. Do search. So many threads are discussed on this matter. :)

When went to tint my car around 2 months ago, the guy who's doing the tint work said the police recently had a meeting and said only to use very light tint front for glasses. I wouldn't tint my front glasses dark anyway

For the third question: While it is true that the darker the tint the better it is at repelling heat and light, there are very light and fully transparent films (by 3M and so on) which are UV and heat resistant. They're expensive when compared to regular tints but they last longer. Most regular tints fade with time.

When went to tint my car around 2 months ago, the guy who's doing the tint work said the police recently had a meeting and said only to use very light tint front for glasses. I wouldn't tint my front glasses dark anyway

I think all those are lies of tint work people. Previously my father's official vehicle had a license for tint glasses. It was a A5 size printed certificate giving vehicle details and authorized tint level. His vehicle was permitted only for light tinted glasses (Mada washayen anduru kala weeduru)

Here is the link for gazette notification.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/13810-tint-glasses/page-2

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Beating a dead horse here aren't we. Not to mention this is the second thread from the OP on the same topic.

1. According to more informed members here, the Driver and passenger windows cannot be tinted at all. Even so, if you have a very light tint in the front and completely black out the back, it will look retarded. A gradient might look nice. ie 5-10% front, 20% rear. But down to personal taste

2. Depends on your taste.

3. The good materials have a heat deflective layer and a UV deflective layer. Even if perfectly clear (no 'tint'), they will still reduce the heat and add UV protection. But of course these are not cheap.

• 1 year later...
Sorry for bringing up this old thread, i didn't feel the need to spam the forums with a new thread,

I would like to know if the law of having tint front driver side and front passenger side windows is still valid as of today,

thank you,

page

Short answer is "Yes". More info here. Question 15.

Thanks for not opening a new thread for this.

• 2 weeks later...
For 1 and 2, the answer is based on individual taste. I NEVER tint any of my cars. Any kind of tint makes a car look ugly in my opinion. For 3, I honestly have no idea. From what I know, modern cars come with uv protected glass anyway so I dont know to what extent tinying helps.

Agree with you... my friends insist me on tinting the back windows... But I find, even the lightest tint very ugly for a car... So you are not alone!

Agree with you... my friends insist me on tinting the back windows... But I find, even the lightest tint very ugly for a car... So you are not alone!

Ugliness aside it makes reversing in the night much harder.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Ugliness aside it makes reversing in the night much harder.

But at night, when a vehicle from back use the head-light ..the reflection from the rear-view mirror directly comes to your eyes.. :speechless-smiley-004::speechless-smiley-004: Don't know whether this is because mine is a hatch-back.

So I prefer tintying and using a reverse cam.. :pardon:

But at night, when a vehicle from back use the head-light ..the reflection from the rear-view mirror directly comes to your eyes.. :speechless-smiley-004::speechless-smiley-004: Don't know whether this is because mine is a hatch-back.

So I prefer tintying and using a reverse cam.. :pardon:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rear-view_mirror#Anti-glare

Thats why we have anti-glare mirrors. Ever wondered what that little lever in the middle of the rear view mirror does?

Edited by rayman
  • Like 2

I prefer the rear glasses tinted, bdw does your Presea have green or brown tints? My Bluebird has brown tints and it looks nice on the front glasses

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rear-view_mirror#Anti-glare

Thats why we have anti-glare mirrors. Ever wondered what that little lever in the middle of the rear view mirror does?

You will be surprised how many people dont know what lever does :D

Not to forget the number of people who dont know to dip the lights when following another vehicle

Edited by Magnum