• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Prius, Honda Fit/ Vezel Recall Information

osaka_dude

Thnx for the notice, I already closed the old one, just before you commented on it.

You cant close shit, machang. An Admin has to do it.

I tell you again.. unless a Hybrid catches fire next to my car, I really don’t give a shit about what happens to Hybrids... or their fans.

I am waiting for you to start offering a Software updating service to all local Hybrid owners.

• Like 6

I am waiting for you to start offering a Software updating service to all local Hybrid owners.

Dude..you forgot....offering Software patched, inveter upgraded low mileage auction grade 5 Prii direct from Japan...with and without body kit !!!

<Sorry no pun intended to the OP..okay maybe a little bit...but what's life without a good laugh or two>

• Like 1

unfortunately such kind of software-files are top secret and not given to third parties by car manufacturers(OEM). So i think Toyota Lanka is the only option until someone breaks in to the Toyota server system and steals it.

Edited by osaka_dude

unfortunately such kind of software-files are top secret and not given to third party car exporters by car manufacturers(OEM).

Of course... but you said you were in some top secret Toyota closet checking out some brooms... did you not get access then?

I am an Engineer in the auto industry for over 7years now,of which 4years i spent in Japan.

I have nothing against Toyota,I have been inside the hi-security Toyota head office In Toyota-city,Nagoya to discuss technical matters.

Edited by VVTi

Of course... but you said you were in some top secret Toyota closet checking out some brooms... did you not get access then?

I never said so, I was there as an external Engineer. we had to undergo a hell lot of security procedures and sign many documents for confidentiality.I think access to these softwares is limited to only a few persons involved in the Prius project..like when immobilizer unlocking,I think the car is connected to the Toyota server in Japan via the diagnostic tool during the software update.That way,the software never leaves the Japanese computer servers.

Edited by osaka_dude

I never said so, I was there as an external Engineer. we had to undergo a hell lot of security procedures and sign many documents for confidentiality.I think access to these softwares is limited to only a few persons involved in the Prius project..like when immobilizer unlocking,I think the car is connected to the Toyota server in Japan via the diagnostic tool during the software update.That way,the software never leaves the Japanese computer servers.

Whatever machang... go ahead... convince the thel hingannas here that your Knight Rider light set is awesome.... :)

I suppose people who tamper odometer readings and stuff in Sri Lanka have also broken into each of the manufacturers' facilities and found out how to do it. :rolleyes:

Seriously dude, thanks for the heads up and all about he recall, but it seems like Toyota Lanka has already addressed the issue. You're kind of over-reacting don't you think?. Plus, what's with all the "flipping the forum" upside down, posting this on every thread you found and opening multiple threads? Just because you post everywhere doesn't mean that people will take you seriously. It makes us think that you're trying to pull off some marketing gimmick here.

The car gets connected to servers in Japan (I hope TL has more than an awesome dial-up connection) ? That is the first time I am hearing of such a possibility for software updates of cars...I always thought the authorized service agents actually got the software.

By the way...

1. Because I was typing all this recall stuff Google gods suggested I read an article which also used the word "campaign"...so you can't necessarily blame TL

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140212/COPY01/302129954/toyota-recalls-prius-models-to-update-software

2. can we have a similar thread about the Mazda Atenza recall ? Wife said there was one out in Japan andI couldn't find it..but I did find this one from the US....now the Atenza is a fun car...and this involves actual BUGS !

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/06/mazda-6-recall-spiders/

I think the car is connected to the Toyota server in Japan via the diagnostic tool during the software update.That way,the software never leaves the Japanese computer servers.

I have seen this type of a thing in one of Will Smith's movies call "iRobot" :violent-smiley-027:

Btw, heard that a car got caught on fire today on Baseline road... cant it be one of these prius?? :sad-smiley-058:

Whats up with you dude? Isn't one topic enough?

Thanks for your earlier contribution.

I'm going to merge these two topics together. Please only open one topic for one conversation please. The users of this forum are intelligent, and they can be trusted to make up their minds based on one topic.

Any more and I will have to accuse you of trying to spread rumours and create a culture of fear, or even worse, acting with an ulterior motive.

Dear Admin,thanks for taking the effort to merge,this is my first post,so I need some time to get used to.

trust me,I got nothing to gain from posting this...

Since the early post was getting messy and confusing,i decided to put a summary here.

I also wanted to point out how Toyota reacts to failures in Japan and Outside japan.

this is regarding the previous recall of 8million cars for the unintended acceleration.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/06/09/business/imperial-familys-car-woes-sparked-toyota-whistleblower/#.U0LIqSUXJ8E

they were aware of this in 2008,but they did not recall until some US citizens died.

the above US article about Prius seems to downplay the issue like the TL press statement.

But the japanese Toyota article

http://toyota.jp/recall/2014/0212.html

says something different.==>お早めに、最寄りのご愛用車取り扱い販売店へご来店日時をご予約いただき、点検・修理(無料)をお受けいただきますようお願い申し上げます。 It asks customers to visit the dealerships ASAP!

I would not comment about online software update methods from company servers here since it is off topic.

Dear Admin,thanks for taking the effort to merge,this is my first post,so I need some time to get used to.

trust me,I got nothing to gain from posting this...

Since the early post was getting messy and confusing,i decided to put a summary here.

I would hate to be at the mercy of something you 'engineered' if you cant navigate your way around a basic forum,.

Are you a proper engineer or a small 'kollas' vehicle importers from Sri Lanka use in Japan to dismantle cars?

Edited by VVTi

So if you going into the Toyota building didnt give you any special knowledge on the topic why did you even bother mentioning it? Was there a ganrandiya slithering on the top secret building's teak-wood conference table?

chhaaaattteeerrrr

I would hate to be at the mercy of something you 'engineered' if you cant navigate your way around a basic forum,.

Are you a proper engineer or a small 'kollas' vehicle importers from Sri Lanka use in Japan to dismantle cars?

sorry If I hurt your EGO Bro..I dont want to be a "Pora" here like you,just wanted to share some facts with forum readers.

This is a classic problem with some Sri Lankans I see, attacking a person without addressing the problem!

Edited by osaka_dude
  • Like 2

So if you going into the Toyota building didnt give you any special knowledge on the topic why did you even bother mentioning it? Was there a ganrandiya slithering on the top secret building's teak-wood conference table?

chhaaaattteeerrrr

you are so stupid to think that entering a building would give you access to all documents.Probably you have not been in such a position.

Then the cleaning ladies at Toyota would become millionaires by selling the stuff to Chinese car makers,LOL.

This is a classic problem with some Sri Lankans I see, attacking a person without addressing the problem!

Edited by osaka_dude
  • Like 2

you are so stupid to think that entering a building would give you access to all documents.Probably you have not been in such a position.

Then the cleaning ladies at Toyota would become millionaires by selling the stuff to Chinese car makers,LOL.

#1. My question is; what was the purpose of mentioning that you were inside a high security building? How did it benefit this conversation or help prove your point?

#2. As you say even a cleaning lady can go into the building, so how are you more significant than the cleaning lady?

Edited by Watchman

But the japanese Toyota article

http://toyota.jp/recall/2014/0212.html

says something different.==>お早めに、最寄りのご愛用車取り扱い販売店へご来店日時をご予約いただき、点検・修理(無料)をお受けいただきますようお願い申し上げます。 It asks customers to visit the dealerships ASAP!

I would not comment about online software update methods from company servers here since it is off topic.

Well you did claim the cars were catching fire...and no where in the JAPANESE article does it say the car catches fire....AS SOON AS POSSIBLE means not years after. (but then again you are bringing up a 2 month old recall so I guess in this instance ASAP would mean 2 months later ?)...also if you had actually seen/read any recall notices of the past you will notice that they ALL say the same thing irrespective of the severity "Go to your "preferred" Toyota dealer as soon as possible".

None of us are under playing the recall...but that doesn't mean we are going ot set the town on fire and get everyone panicked either.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

"..and no where in the JAPANESE article does it say the car catches fire.."
熱応力が加わる is a nice way of saying Overheating. Do you have any idea how hot power-transistors can get? over 200 degrees!
thats a serious thing ,especilly when our ambient temperature is higher than in Japan. overheating means risk of fire..Thats how they conclude during the FMEA(Failure mode and effects analysis) for design failures.

" 2 month old recall so I guess in this instance ASAP would mean 2 months later ?)."
I did not know I am obliged to post news immediately as it happens,last time i checked ,I was not getting my paycheck from Autolanka.I will try to be faster next time.
The real reason was the Admin did not approve my membership request until recently.

"#1. My question is; what was the purpose of mentioning that you were inside a high security building? How did it benefit this conversation or help prove your point?"
To clarify I have no personal agenda against Toyota as some accused. Please read the full context,"
I have nothing against Toyota,I have been inside the hi-security Toyota head office In Toyota-city,Nagoya to discuss technical matters."

#2. As you say even a cleaning lady can go into the building, so how are you more significant than the cleaning lady?
thats also backward hanamiti thinking,in Japan a cleaning lady considered is as significant as an Engineer or a Manager.That does not mean they get access to all confidential documents,even they have to sign vows of confidentiality when they are hired.

Thank you!I will not make any further comments about non-technical or personal questions regarding this Recall.

• Like 3

"..and no where in the JAPANESE article does it say the car catches fire.."

熱応力が加わる is a nice way of saying Overheating. Do you have any idea how hot power-transistors can get? over 200 degrees!

thats a serious thing ,especilly when our ambient temperature is higher than in Japan. overheating means risk of fire..Thats how they conclude during the FMEA(Failure mode and effects analysis) for design failures.

" 2 month old recall so I guess in this instance ASAP would mean 2 months later ?)."

I did not know I am obliged to post news immediately as it happens,last time i checked ,I was not getting my paycheck from Autolanka.I will try to be faster next time.

The real reason was the Admin did not approve my membership request until recently.

Well you did come in with great urgency as if it is the hottest topic in town in order to do this great public service of saving Prii two months after the fact and spam pretty much all the threads (sorry I am usually not this confrontational...must be having a bad day).....running through the village yelling the sky is falling and having the villages go put pressure on the grama niladari to hold the sky up in the air is not going to solve anything and you just cast doubt in everyone else's minds about your true intentions.

As for the fire....My bad..you didn't say it catches fire...you actually said overheating which could lead to fire..my bad on that one...if your professional deduction is that it may lead to fire..so be it but also please do acknowledge it as such.

Also do not take facts and bend them to your advantage...

1. You came in saying the solution is to software update AND replace the inverter. When the recall notice itself says first it would be the software patch and upon further diagnostics the inverter maybe required to be changed. Whilst it would be interesting to see TL's actions in regards to possible swap-outs of inverter, you insinuated for users to go ask for the inverter to be changed as well by TL <which is why some members thought you were on some personal vandetta against Tl...who knows maybe you are negotiating a dealership agreemtn with TMC?>.I know from first hand experience that even if there is a recall on something a manufacturer will not just replace it just because the user asks for it if the service instruction is to swap it out only if it doesn't meet certain thresholds (i.e. not a mandatory replacement...so far software = mandatory + inverter = optional). Simply doesn't work that way even in Japan.

2. Toyota telling to go get THIS recall fixed ASAP....well every recall has the same statement to get it fixed ASAP..it is a matter of safety after all (please follow your own link you will see recall notices for the last 14 years or so). So you emphasizing just this particular instance just unduly marginalizes the importance of other recalls.

When something is really really really really critical manufacturers do go on a massive campaign to get the cars back in within a specified period. In fact when the un-intended acceleration recall was going on in the US Toyota dealerships were all packed with owners' cars and were not given back to them until it was fixed. So if there is a severity for the car to explode Toyota will pretty much do the same (they did learn their lesson the last time around).

So again...be careful of facts being putout of context.

Like I said..I am not usually confrontational...so no offense intended with any of this.

1. yes...Prius owners should go get it checked out and they have been given the means to go get it done.

2. see what the outcome is...

3. if the inverter does need to be changed..stay calm and negotiate what needs to be done with TL (they already might have strategy to go about this although they haven't put out a press statement saying "We are going to replace inverters" when it is not mandatory at this stage.

4. Do NOT go start arguing and demanding and pressuring TL (lets face it TL is not going ot have the same level of service as Toyota dealership in Japan no matter how much pressure you put on them)....past experience has shown that when there is only one doctor in town getting that doctor pissed off at you before getting treatment is to your own disadvantage.

4. If you do feel that you are getting screwed by TL then write to TMC Japan, they are a reasonable bunch...and they will be able to help you out (granted you might have to incur some costs as well)

Anyway...if your intentions are sincere and truly wanted to help I am sure there are many Prii lovers on AL who are truly thankful <going through the past posts you might realize that the Prii crowd is easily put in dis-equilibrium so you might want to choose your words very very carefully...especially when costs are involved..>.

Finally since you are in Japan it is quite interesting that you have been posting these messages since late night and your last post was made around 4am. :sleeping-smiley-001:.

Woohoo I finally watched the match..time to celebrate :) ...it was one of those few matches that was worth watching after knowing what the end result was...

Edited by iRage
  • Like 3

sorry If I hurt your EGO Bro..I dont want to be a "Pora" here like you,just wanted to share some facts with forum readers.

Because it is fun... we had many circus monkeys like you... you are just the newest.

YOu sound ashamed to be a Sri Lankan it seems.... we embrace our Sri Lankan-ness with open arms

CMC Garbage truck... no difference.. LOL!!!

Those Mitsus and ud nissans were built to run and run. On good old reliable faithful diesel engines. And as such our old dogs who keep the city clean would consider this comparison an insult!

Those Mitsus and ud nissans were built to run and run. On good old reliable faithful diesel engines. And as such our old dogs who keep the city clean would consider this comparison an insult!

Shit, sorry. True!