• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Soft 4Wd

Ginger

Question

Gents, I am planning buying soft 4WD. Choices are Honda CRV / Rexton / Rav4/ X-Trail (new model) or anyother similar vehicle.

Regarding utility and other, I am considering....

1. Soft off road drive - in case needed when going outstaion

2. Long distance driving comfort

3. Reliability

4. 2nd hand market value

I think the price range does not vary much, except may be for X-Trail. How do you compare the above SUVs. Any idea about show room cost of these vehicles (not from agents) from car dealers - appreciate help !

That is correct iRage. I covered most of the soft SUV market. Still more towards the CRV or the new X-trail. Domestic version of CRV has a better look than what they sell in the south asian market (not sure, whether I am explaining my feelling correct, deomestic version, has some rich look ). Some bank-imprters say they could bring down same around 7.1 m. whcih is 600, 000 less than the agent, but without agent warranty. Worth going with the agent, but again will not get the domestic version look.

May be I look, sort of a perfectionist mentality in this....but I want it my way...if unable to finalize this time,. may extend to the next leave. Anyway I visit SL, every 4 months.

What @kmeeg said.

If I had this kind of coin, that would be what I would do. Pick up a proven 4x4 like a Patrol, defender or a Wrangler and mod it to my liking. And I'd still have a bunch of money left over. These vehicles can be done up to take on a lot harsher terrain than any of the soft 4x4s you are looking at and can be workhorses. They will also look very appealing (depends who you ask though).

But if a brand new vehicle and/or loads of options are a priority, these will leave you dissatisfied. But they will open up a lot more possibilities to have some fun with your investment.

Edited by Hoonigan