• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Car For 1.5- 1.8 Lkr

sapsrox

Question

Hello guys,

I am willing to buy a car for which can afford 1.5 to 1.8 mil. Please give a hand for me with this issue considering specific technical issues, FC, Maintenance costs.. At the moment I have three cars in my mind.

1 Nissan FB 15

2 Nissan N16

3 Suzuki Swift jeep model

your expert comments are highly appreciated

thanx all

18 answers to this question

Well you can do a search on above vehicles on the forum and get more information. Meanwhile I'll share my experience with 2 of those cars which I had previously owned. ( Actually my father owned them but I did most of the driving :smilie_liebe9: ). Considering FB15 we, had a manual one which almost did 12kmpl in Colombo and 15kmpl outstation( auto might do -1 or -2), if you consider about fuel consumption a lot, it won't be very hard to find a manual one. Also a very comfortable car with basic options (but there is a model as B15 with a 1.3L engine which does not include every option with FB15) And there are two grade as EX saloon and Supersaloon. EX is a bit cheaper( In 2002 it was 1.5 lacks cheaper than SS but now there won't be a big difference) which does not include P/M, rear arm rest,rear head rest( actually they are only two small projections from the rear seat). The maintenance cost is not much, only once we encountered a problem with crank sensor which cost 6k to replace it and the mechanic said these sort of 'sensor troubles' are common with fb15 .Anyway other that, it did not give us any trouble for the 10 years we used it and we loved having it. On the other hand swift jeep model was good with fuel, did 12kmpl in Colombo and 16kmpl outstation which are very good figures for a auto car.very good ground clearance. But the rear leg space was not enough and the rear seats were not comfortable on long runs. We had it for 4 years and the maintenance cost was low and didn't have any tec issue. Your budget range is 15-18lks so you can buy a FB15 for your lower margin 15lks or a swift for 18lks your upper margin. I've heard N16 is also a good, trustworthy car. :sport-smiley-003:

• Like 1

Well you can do a search on above vehicles on the forum and get more information. Meanwhile I'll share my experience with 2 of those cars which I had previously owned. ( Actually my father owned them but I did most of the driving :smilie_liebe9: ). Considering FB15 we, had a manual one which almost did 12kmpl in Colombo and 15kmpl outstation( auto might do -1 or -2), if you consider about fuel consumption a lot, it won't be very hard to find a manual one. Also a very comfortable car with basic options (but there is a model as B15 with a 1.3L engine which does not include every option with FB15) And there are two grade as EX saloon and Supersaloon. EX is a bit cheaper( In 2002 it was 1.5 lacks cheaper than SS but now there won't be a big difference) which does not include P/M, rear arm rest,rear head rest( actually they are only two small projections from the rear seat). The maintenance cost is not much, only once we encountered a problem with crank sensor which cost 6k to replace it and the mechanic said these sort of 'sensor troubles' are common with fb15 .Anyway other that, it did not give us any trouble for the 10 years we used it and we loved having it. On the other hand swift jeep model was good with fuel, did 12kmpl in Colombo and 16kmpl outstation which are very good figures for a auto car.very good ground clearance. But the rear leg space was not enough and the rear seats were not comfortable on long runs. We had it for 4 years and the maintenance cost was low and didn't have any tec issue. Your budget range is 15-18lks so you can buy a FB15 for your lower margin 15lks or a swift for 18lks your upper margin. I've heard N16 is also a good, trustworthy car. :sport-smiley-003:

Thanx a lot dude..

In which year ur FB 15 was made? Coz I've heard that FB15 s which were manufactured before 2001 are more troublesome..

Thanx a lot dude..

In which year ur FB 15 was made? Coz I've heard that FB15 s which were manufactured before 2001 are more troublesome..

I don’t think there is a huge deference in FB15 made before 2001, although there was a facelift version after 2002. I owned a 2000 auto FB15 super saloon for 3 years and didn’t have any problems what so ever, very reliable car. But for me it was not comfortable as the corolla of the same era. Did 7-8kmpl in city and 10-11kmpl out station. Climate control A/C and RPM meter are some more options of the super saloon. Few people told me to avoid the N16 due to bad fuel economy and 2nd hand market.

I don’t think there is a huge deference in FB15 made before 2001, although there was a facelift version after 2002. I owned a 2000 auto FB15 super saloon for 3 years and didn’t have any problems what so ever, very reliable car. But for me it was not comfortable as the corolla of the same era. Did 7-8kmpl in city and 10-11kmpl out station. Climate control A/C and RPM meter are some more options of the super saloon. Few people told me to avoid the N16 due to bad fuel economy and 2nd hand market.

do you have any idea why N16 has bad 2nd hand market? is that due to high fuel consumption?

Edited by sapsrox

do you have any idea why N16 has bad 2nd hand market? is that due to high fuel consumption?

Fuel consumption is roughly the same. A lot of so called re condition N16s were imported from Singapore and were high mileage cars. Hence these cars started to fade a bit early. The other N16s and then N17s imported brand were mostly 1300cc a bit under powered. I read somewhere some of the last cars were also imported from India. Hence why the second hand market is a little lower than the FB15

Personally i think the n17s are a bargain for their price,

it might be underpowered but it's a good family car for hatchback money.

That's true Clark's son. It is agood comfortable sedan you can get for around 2M. I've seen some go for even 1.8M in Autolanka. But I visited AM* a few months back to check the 2014 sunny N17 which made me so disappointed. It looked like a sedan version of an alto. The width was reduced even it had better front and rear leg space. The interior was like a cheap Indian car (more like a tata) And after the inspection I got an estimation for 6.35M and it stated it is manufactured in India. Even in the discription it stated it has dual AC ,it was only 2 AC vents at the back with no controllers. I'm not surprised I still don't see them on roads. hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

That's true Clark's son. It is agood comfortable sedan you can get for around 2M. I've seen some go for even 1.8M in Autolanka. But I visited AM* a few months back to check the 2014 sunny N17 which made me so disappointed. It looked like a sedan version of an alto. The width was reduced even it had better front and rear leg space. The interior was like a cheap Indian car (more like a tata) And after the inspection I got an estimation for 6.35M and it stated it is manufactured in India. Even in the discription it stated it has dual AC ,it was only 2 AC vents at the back with no controllers. I'm not surprised I still don't see them on roads. hqdefault.jpg

The N16 exsaloon going for around 1.8mill was 2.3mill brand new back then.

but 6.3 for a sunny outrageous

For that price bracket i would go for a Honda EK3, or a Carina/Corona Premio if you want something newer a Mazda 323 familia BJ5P.

From your list i would go for the swift, the car is quite spacious for a small car, easy to drive and all the only common probllem i know is that the shocks go out quicker than the others

N16 is just crap. Its not really efficient and it is really crampy inside you get sick of the lack of space in long journeys.

oh and "New is not always better"

Edited by Schiffer
  • Like 4