• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Used Vs. New

Luckyj

Question

Dear Members & Experts,

With a budget in & around Rs. 3 M [max 3.3 M], currently I'm evaluating following 02 options.

1] Go for a new Toyota Aqua Hybrid. probably a S grade.

2] Go for a used Toyota Allion/Axio or a Honda Civic [FD4/FD3].

Personally I prefer a big car like Allion or a Civic, considering the space & smooth driving. However some says to go for new vehicle rather than buying a used vehicle which is 7-8 years old. Yes, Aqua seems to be descent vehicle and been a hybrid, will return good mileage on fuel. Meantime I heard Axio also does well on fuel, 10 -12 km city & 15-16 km outstation. Some recommend Corolla 121, but with exaggerated pricing and been 10-12 years old; it's out of the picture I guess.

I intend to use the next buy for minimum 3-4 years and current average use per week is around 100 km [currently we use a Toyota Soluna], however expecting it to increase for 200 - 300 km from next year.

Appreciate your suggestions & recommendations.

• Like 1

Ramishka - Will there be a big difference between FD1 & FD4? looking at your details I guess its FD1 - 7 km & FD4 - 9 km and both figures for driving in city.

Hi,

I meant roughly the same figures for both FD1 and FD4.

What you're saying is that even though FD1 with 1800CC & FD4 with 1600CC engines, there is no difference in fuel efficiency. I had a chat with one FD4 auto user and he said that his car does average 9-10 km in city & 14-15 km outstation. I felt he is not lying too [he said he has been using the car for last 02 years & has no plans to sell it immediately].

Before the Soluna, I used a 1987 Mazda Familia 323. A rock solid car. Still remember a journey which I had with myself & 4 other friends to Walapane through all the hilly roads. It didn't disappoint us at all & it was amazing.

Guys what about Mazda & Mitsubishi. Mazda Axela & Mitsubishi Lancer. Aren't they good cars? Have they been overshadowed by Toyota & Honda.

Thanks sathyajith. In fact I'm going through some Axela & Lancer threads at this moment as well :action-smiley-035:

Few days ago when we were discussing on vehicles, one of my friend showed me a Mazda Axela and said it’s a superb car. He said 2006-08 models are going well below 3 M & feature list is amazing when comparing with price. Further he adds it does 10 km in city & performance wise it's brilliant.