• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Obtain A Gun Licence?

KingSasanka

Is anyone here familiar with the subject of how to obtain a Gun Licence?

(To be used on agricultural farm only).

Thanks in advance. :speechless-smiley-006:

I too have contemplated this idea numerous times while in traffic looking and three wheelers and motorcycles.

What type of gun are you planning to use? If it is something like an air rifle, the seller provides a document which acts as the license. I have no experience with guns that use actual gunpowder, hopefully someone else here knows.

• Like 1

Thanks Don.

Stuffs are a plenty in the Black Market but I hate to burn my fingers.

Prefer a licenced one, just to scare invading animals off only.

I think for a while now, gun license applications are processed through the ministry of defence.

Thanks Don.

Stuffs are a plenty in the Black Market but I hate to burn my fingers.

Prefer a licenced one, just to scare invading animals off only.

Plenty of fire arms are out there being used for legitimate purposes. In the good old days you could apply for the license from the divisional secretariat but as you know the MOD now runs most things.

Even my uncle has a shot gun for the same reason.

Let me also give u a small tip. If you own a business with at least Rs. 1.5million turnover per day, you will qualify for a firearm license. The easiest business to get that type of turnover, is to own a petrol shed. Hence, a lot of petrol sheds (outside colombo, mostly) are actually owned by people who are connected to activities that need firearms :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Get a bow and arrow... :) You can get a semi pro level one for around 60K. And if you get the steel tipped carbon fibre arrows, you can take out any man sized target from up to 100 yards away with no issues... :)

And if you are really serious, a cross bow with steel quills will be far more deadly than a gun.

There is a brand of Crossbows called Barnett, high end models costs around 125K.... can get them off the shelf in the US.

I wouldn't use them on defenseless animals though.... that's a crime. :)

Get a bow and arrow... :) You can get a semi pro level one for around 60K. And if you get the steel tipped carbon fibre arrows, you can take out any man sized target from up to 100 yards away with no issues... :)

And if you are really serious, a cross bow with steel quills will be far more deadly than a gun.

There is a brand of Crossbows called Barnett, high end models costs around 125K.... can get them off the shelf in the US.

I wouldn't use them on defenseless animals though.... that's a crime. :)

and risk looking like king joffrey from game of thrones. on a serious note unless your chasing boar or elephants wouldn`t a airrifle and fire crackers serve the purpose of chasing animals off.

and risk looking like king joffrey from game of thrones. on a serious note unless your chasing boar or elephants wouldn`t a airrifle and fire crackers serve the purpose of chasing animals off.

I was thinking more on the lines of Hawkeye / Oliver Queen rather than Joffrey... ;)

Got one from them about an year ago and is still working fine after about 200 pellets. They had air rifles ranging from Rs 8K to 250K+. You can get a decent one for about 30K and they do all the registration part. The company is called Th**** Guns. Can’t give directions since I’m not familiar with the area but have the address from the bill if anyone wants

• 5 years later...

You should obtain a gun license because it is a good thing to have a gun. You will always feel safer when you have one. I was one of the people that thought guns are bad and no one should be using them until I got attacked by some guy in the street. He had a knife and there was no point in fighting him and I got robbed. After that I changed my opinion on guns and I went and got one. Now I never leave my house without it. I have also started hunting and I needed some hunting equipment, that is how i found https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight . On there I got the best scope for my rifle and now I hunt regularly with it.

Edited by Simon555

On 11/5/2014 at 11:52 PM, KingSasanka said:

Is anyone here familiar with the subject of how to obtain a Gun Licence?

(To be used on agricultural farm only).

Thanks in advance. :speechless-smiley-006:

Hmm Really GIF - Hmm Really Sure - Discover & Share GIFs