• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Vezel Is Bad?

sasika

Even further from Lux like in England there are Mercedes cabs. Some run on the normal cab service and some are charged ( premium taxi's) more than the average 5 pound cab ride.

Premium cab services don't count; because the premium rate covers the extra pomp and pageantry associated with a premium cab / limo service as well as the higher asset costs / overheads. But the question stands for the Merc's being run as regular cabs. The extra running costs associated with that don't really make sense to me...

Edited by Kavvz

Premium cab services don't count; because the premium rate covers the extra pomp and pageantry associated with a premium cab / limo service as well as the higher asset costs / overheads. But the question stands for the Merc's being run as regular cabs. The extra running costs associated with that don't really make sense to me...

Mercs makes special models to be used as cabs, generally E-class, they have basic interiors, special features / goodies . bells and whistles that come with the main stream models are missing, have basic engines or engines from yester year.

They are sold in bulk to taxi companies at large discounts so the cost may be 50-60% of the mainstream model.

Mercs makes special models to be used as cabs, generally E-class, they have basic interiors, special features / goodies . bells and whistles that come with the main stream models are missing, have basic engines or engines from yester year.

They are sold in bulk to taxi companies at large discounts so the cost may be 50-60% of the mainstream model.

They are also sold to the gullible permit holders in Sri Lanka :)

• Like 1

Ah! But you live in Luxuriously in Luxembourg no? There all the cars are of a nice wine red colour and all have nice gold badges no?

Okay I don't want to take this too far off topic ( after all we are discussing the all important hoda vesi honda vesi vezel here...) but one quick question:

How on earth do the cabbies you speak of, afford spare parts for the Merc's they drive / run? I understand where you live is geographically close to the domestic market of the said brand, but still. I mean, Mercedes spare parts probably still command a premium price when compared to Renaults, VW's and Peugeots right? And the build quality can't be that far off from a good Renault, VW or Peugeot. So why not stick to running those as cabs instead of Merc's?

You don't get mercs as cabs everywhere. In London you get the Vito Van a lot but from what I hear the maintenance on them is a lot cheaper than the standard London Black Cab made by LTI

The build quality is of the mercs are quite superior to the other lot and you get a lot more miles out of them and spend less time in the shop. But they are also cabs of choice because the punters like them, and in Europe the maintenance on Mercs isn't that bad on a like for like basis.

And like Kush said they are fairly basic models without many bells and whistle, unless of course you order a premium chauffer driven car in which case you will get a fully kitted out S class, 7 series or Audi A8.

Like the BMW X1 and the E90s... basic as they come.

Even the 520D/520i is considered a fleet range car in the UK.

I don't think they can fit the SE model into the permit price braket.

Actually the ones imported to SL are a funny spec. They seem to have gotten rid of the climate control and business audio (which you get in the fleet option cars as they are usually driven by people who do a lot of miles) but added leather interior which I assume is a market preference.

The F30s I've seen seemed to be better specced though.

This thread is epic.

Of course it is all about Hoda Vesi 's now isn't it?

But really overall the masses seem really dig these hoda vesi Honda Vezel hybrids. I mean look how its on its knees bringing Sri Lanka's hybrid market to its knees with the average middle class family, aspiring young managers and taxi companies alike clamouring to get their hands on one. And its not just individuals who have extra cash lying around in bank accounts either, apparently peeps are selling lands, taking second jobs and giving up their life savings all for sake of a vesi vezel. Its unbelievable almost.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kavvz" data-cid="273275" data-time="1425058433"><p>

Wow! Kinda weird to think you can actually order a Mercedes without air conditioning....That's very informative Gents. Thanks for the great info on Mercedes fleet sales etc! </p></blockquote>

I think he was talking about climate control, and as standard air condition comes.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kavvz" data-cid="273275" data-time="1425058433"><p>

Wow! Kinda weird to think you can actually order a Mercedes without air conditioning....That's very informative Gents. Thanks for the great info on Mercedes fleet sales etc! </p></blockquote>

I think he was talking about climate control, and as standard air condition comes.

Oh right, that makes more sense. The mental image of a new E class owner sweltering in Colombo traffic because he didn't spec any A/C options on his new car is just too sad to imagine !!

• Like 1

Oh right, that makes more sense. The mental image of a new E class owner sweltering in Colombo traffic because he didn't spec any A/C options on his new car is just too sad to imagine !!

You actually didnt think Mercs coming for permits don't have A/C in them right? ;)

Well since the permit thing came up, Let me post the spec sheets for The C200 Avant grade and the AMG version offered by D*mo for the permit. Looks okay to me. ( I don't own a permit)

Options for the Mercedes-Benz C200 AMG

Paintwork Upholstery Engine

: Polar White/Black

: AMG Black Leather sports seats : 1991CC 184Bhp Turbocharged

Owner's Manual and Service Booklet – English Roof liner black fabric

Reversing camera

Mirror package

Driver's seat electrically adjustable with memory function 7 Air bags

Automatic air conditioning THERMATIC

Electric sunroof, glass version

7G-TRONIC PLUS

Cruise control

Tyre pressure loss warning system Underbody protection

ECO start/stop function

Audio 20 CD with touchpad

CD drive, single

LED Intelligent Light System (RHD)

Adaptive brake light, flashing

AGILITY SELECT switch

Cooling capacity - booster package

Emission control system with EU4 technology Summer tyres

Run-flat tyres

4-way lumbar support

Wheel-arch widening for AMG wheels

AMG Line Interior

* Light longitudinal-grain aluminium trim * Interior lighting package

* AMG floor mats

AMG Line Exterior

* AGILITY CONTROL suspension with selective damping system * AMG body styling

*18" AMG 5-spoke alloy wheels, titanium grey with highsheen

Mercedes-Benz C 180 Avantgarde

Engine Capacity: 1595 cc No of Cylinders: 4

HS Code: 8703.23.52 Specifications

•  Reversing camera

•  Analogue clock

•  Knee bag driver's side

•  7G-TRONIC PLUS

•  Cruise control

•  Tyre pressure loss warning system

•  Underbody protection

•  Audio 20 CD with touchpad

•  Automatic air conditioning THERMATIC

•  Crystal grey fabric roof liner

•  LED Intelligent Light System (RHD)

•  CD drive, single

•  Emission control system with EU4 technology

•  ECO start/stop function

•  AGILITY SELECT switch

•  Adaptive brake light, flashing

•  Deactivation of blue ambient lighting

•  Avantgarde Interior

•  Interior lighting package

•  light brown glossy linden wood trim

•  Avantgarde Exterior

•  43.2 cm (17-inch) 5 twin spoke light alloy wheels

•  AGILITY CONTROL suspension with selective

damping system

•  run-flat tyres

You actually didnt think Mercs coming for permits don't have A/C in them right? ;)

Well since the permit thing came up, Let me post the spec sheets for The C200 Avant grade and the AMG version offered by D*mo for the permit. Looks okay to me. ( I don't own a permit)

Options for the Mercedes-Benz C200 AMG

Paintwork Upholstery Engine

: Polar White/Black

: AMG Black Leather sports seats : 1991CC 184Bhp Turbocharged

Owner's Manual and Service Booklet – English Roof liner black fabric

Reversing camera

Mirror package

Driver's seat electrically adjustable with memory function 7 Air bags

Automatic air conditioning THERMATIC

Electric sunroof, glass version

7G-TRONIC PLUS

Cruise control

Tyre pressure loss warning system Underbody protection

ECO start/stop function

Audio 20 CD with touchpad

CD drive, single

LED Intelligent Light System (RHD)

Adaptive brake light, flashing

AGILITY SELECT switch

Cooling capacity - booster package

Emission control system with EU4 technology Summer tyres

Run-flat tyres

4-way lumbar support

Wheel-arch widening for AMG wheels

AMG Line Interior

* Light longitudinal-grain aluminium trim * Interior lighting package

* AMG floor mats

AMG Line Exterior

* AGILITY CONTROL suspension with selective damping system * AMG body styling

*18" AMG 5-spoke alloy wheels, titanium grey with highsheen

Mercedes-Benz C 180 Avantgarde

Engine Capacity: 1595 cc No of Cylinders: 4

HS Code: 8703.23.52 Specifications

•  Reversing camera

•  Analogue clock

•  Knee bag driver's side

•  7G-TRONIC PLUS

•  Cruise control

•  Tyre pressure loss warning system

•  Underbody protection

•  Audio 20 CD with touchpad

•  Automatic air conditioning THERMATIC

•  Crystal grey fabric roof liner

•  LED Intelligent Light System (RHD)

•  CD drive, single

•  Emission control system with EU4 technology

•  ECO start/stop function

•  AGILITY SELECT switch

•  Adaptive brake light, flashing

•  Deactivation of blue ambient lighting

•  Avantgarde Interior

•  Interior lighting package

•  light brown glossy linden wood trim

•  Avantgarde Exterior

•  43.2 cm (17-inch) 5 twin spoke light alloy wheels

•  AGILITY CONTROL suspension with selective

damping system

•  run-flat tyres

Wait you can get an C-class AMG under permit option? No way? And yes to your point both those cars are spec'd pretty well.

• Like 1

Wait you can get an C-class AMG under permit option? No way? And yes to your point both those cars are spec'd pretty well.

I assume this isnt the 'real' AMG, rather the one with AMG 'looks' without the performance parts

• Like 1

I assume this isnt the 'real' AMG, rather the one with AMG 'looks' without the performance parts

Well the engine is different in the AMG model. not only the looks.. may not be the real one.. no idea

1.6 vs 2.0

150 odd bhp vs 184bhp

Edited by sasika

yeah.. even if u dont have a permit, the AMG will cost as they say 11.6.. other a mere 10.6(as per last time I inquired)

Magnum's right, its just for a C class with an AMG exterior package, the AMG version has roughly 400 hp so this can't be it...

How did u achieve that for over 22 odd km? Rolling down a long slope?

This screen doesn't show you the exact fuel consumption figure, it just shows what you might achieve if you keep driving the way you are driving currently (so according to this pic if he had driven the whole journey like he had been driving when he had taken this pic, he might actually had achieved the shown figure). I guess in this pic either he is driving down a slope or using the hybrid battery power. Edited by killercruise

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kavvz" data-cid="273317" data-time="1425167895"><p>

<br />

<br />

Magnum's right, its just for a C class with an AMG exterior package, the AMG version has roughly 400 hp so this can't be it...</p></blockquote>

I think That's C63 AMG you are talking about. Equivalent of the BMW M3