• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Vezel Is Bad?

sasika

<blockquote><p>

Come on S, read the thread again, nobody bashed vezel, nobody said it's not a good car to own, they just pointed out vezel is NOT BETTER than the average honda civic or Lancer ex, Mazda 3 and such. They just pointed out it has a weight disadvantage when compared to those cars. You were the one who were comparing vezel to laferraris. You bragged you did 150+ kmph on highway which is totally illegal. You didnt want to understand sensible explaining iRage gave to you why vezel feels underpowered, you assumed he was driving on Eco mode. And still you are wondering why vezel is getting bashed.<br />

<br />

Long story short, <br />

<br />

1. Vezel is not getting bashed, thick headed vezel owners like you do.<br />

<br />

2. Other motorists are not bashing vezel because they are jealous of it. In fact, vezel is in the same league of average cars like civics, mazda 3s and lancers when it comes to driving pleasure. But those car owners never opened threads like "why civic is bad, why lancer is bad". They are happy with their cars and enjoy their cars. They doesn't care if others look at their cars in awe or in despise.</p></blockquote>

Give this man a large cookie. Most of what was discussed here couldn't have been summarised much simpler than this.

• Like 1

Switch off the eco mode and you won't feel this issue. By the way I drove with eco mode on to kandy last week, but I didnt feel any problem. Pick up was good to overtake other vehicles and all. Gave good fuel consumption rate, 22kmp/l. I drove with eco mode off and obviously the throttle was more responsive , but there was a slight decrease in fuel consumption rate.

By the way this thread is now going over the limit :P.

• Like 2

Come on S, read the thread again, nobody bashed vezel, nobody said it's not a good car to own, they just pointed out vezel is NOT BETTER than the average honda civic or Lancer ex, Mazda 3 and such. They just pointed out it has a weight disadvantage when compared to those cars. You were the one who were comparing vezel to laferraris. You bragged you did 150+ kmph on highway which is totally illegal. You didnt want to understand sensible explaining iRage gave to you why vezel feels underpowered, you assumed he was driving on Eco mode. And still you are wondering why vezel is getting bashed.

Long story short,

1. Vezel is not getting bashed, thick headed vezel owners like you do.

2. Other motorists are not bashing vezel because they are jealous of it. In fact, vezel is in the same league of average cars like civics, mazda 3s and lancers when it comes to driving pleasure. But those car owners never opened threads like "why civic is bad, why lancer is bad". They are happy with their cars and enjoy their cars. They doesn't care if others look at their cars in awe or in despise.

one heck of a saying. lol... if others too think like the OP, there'd be hundreds of threads "why (what ever the car is) is bad" and lot of arguments about power, torque etc. :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bycap" data-cid="272534" data-time="1424405053"><p>

one heck of a saying. lol... if others too think like the OP, there'd be hundreds of threads "why (what ever the car is) is bad" and lot of arguments about power, torque etc. :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:</p></blockquote>

Ha ha, imagine bycap, everyone putting up threads saying " last week I went to timbuctoo, I had a black bata on my left leg, I was wearing a crocodile underwear, radio was on and was playing a song of Mr. Kapuge, AC was on level 2, I was searching for a restroom 'cause I felt my bladder was going to explode, But I never felt the car underpowered at all, overtaking was like butter, Fuel economy was 23.55475kmpl, Isn't my car wonderful?" :3

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jor-el" data-cid="272537" data-time="1424406190"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bycap" data-cid="272534" data-time="1424405053"><p><br />

one heck of a saying. lol... if others too think like the OP, there'd be hundreds of threads "why (what ever the car is) is bad" and lot of arguments about power, torque etc. :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

<br />

Ha ha, imagine bycap, everyone putting up threads saying " last week I went to timbuctoo, I had a black bata on my left leg, I was wearing a crocodile underwear, radio was on and was playing a song of Mr. Kapuge, AC was on level 2, I was searching for a restroom 'cause I felt my bladder was going to explode, But I never felt the car underpowered at all, overtaking was like butter, Fuel economy was 23.55475kmpl, Isn't my car wonderful?" :3</p></blockquote>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jor-el" data-cid="272537" data-time="1424406190"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bycap" data-cid="272534" data-time="1424405053"><p><br />

one heck of a saying. lol... if others too think like the OP, there'd be hundreds of threads "why (what ever the car is) is bad" and lot of arguments about power, torque etc. :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

<br />

Ha ha, imagine bycap, everyone putting up threads saying " last week I went to timbuctoo, I had a black bata on my left leg, I was wearing a crocodile underwear, radio was on and was playing a song of Mr. Kapuge, AC was on level 2, I was searching for a restroom 'cause I felt my bladder was going to explode, But I never felt the car underpowered at all, overtaking was like butter, Fuel economy was 23.55475kmpl, Isn't my car wonderful?" :3</p></blockquote>

By the way ! Did you get your specs from this ?

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/make/honda/vezel/vezel_hybrid_2wd/2014.html ?

Is your's a 2WD ? I guess all this hissy fit is because you get the claimed 27 kmpl ???

• Honda Vezel Hybrid, manufactured or sold in 2014, version for Japan (since January)
  • 5-door wagon body type
  • FWD (front-wheel drive), dual-clutch semi-automatic 7-speed gearbox
  • petrol (gasoline) engine with displacement: 1497 cm3 / 91.1 cui, advertised power: 112 kW / 150 hp / 152 PS ( JIS net ), Torque net: 190 Nm / 140 lb-ft
  • characteristic dimensions: outside length: 4295 mm / 169.1 in, wheelbase: 2610 mm / 102.8 in
  • reference weights: base curb weight: 1270 kg / 2800 lbs
  • how fast is this car ? top speed: 199 km/h (124 mph) (theoretical);
  • accelerations: 0- 60 mph 8 s; 0- 100 km/h 8.5 s (a-c simulation); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 16.3 s (a-c simulation)
  • fuel consumption and mileage: 3.7 l/100km / 76.3 mpg (imp.) / 63.5 mpg (U.S.) / 27 km/l emission: 86 gCO2/km average estimated by a-c: 5 l/100km / 56.6 mpg (imp.) / 47.1 mpg (U.S.) / 20.1 km/l

i Highly Doubt that 0-60 Figures of the vezel mentioned here, even if the brochure say 8 sec in 0-60 it does feel 10+, i know can my car's brochure say's its 7.9 but i could leave a vezel to be like a tiny dot in my rear view from a standing Start, from personal experience it even struggles a lot just to get past 100 in normal road, anyhow i couldn't compare it with a similar(may be the new outlander would be a worthy contender),

my Personal view - i hate damn tree hugger's(because they drive worse and boast on there fuel figures) mostly because today people seriously needs to know how drive on the damn road and the why there's lines and all the markings

Edited by Janith Seneviratne

The EU model gets panoramic sunroof, for some reason Japanese dont like sunroofs much

Also its available with a 1.6-liter i-DTEC diesel rated at 120 HP(not sure about the torque) mated to a a six-speed manual gearbox

118096181746628264.jpg

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 1

True and they get the lane assist feature as well :)

Well the Japanese have to go through a rigorous boot camp in order to get their license; so maybe in Japan Honda don't necessarily feel they need to put in an electronic device to make the driver stay in their lane. :mosking:

• Like 1

Well the Japanese have to go through a rigorous boot camp in order to get their license; so maybe in Japan Honda don't necessarily feel they need to put in an electronic device to make the driver stay in their lane. :mosking:

Well the Europeans get lane assist because its slowly becoming standard and the market has a preference for extra safety kit.

In SL the lane assist feature is useless as its near impossible to stay in one lane for long, unless you are in a motor way.

Well the Europeans get lane assist because its slowly becoming standard and the market has a preference for extra safety kit.

In SL the lane assist feature is useless as its near impossible to stay in one lane for long, unless you are in a motor way.

Yeah I was thinking the same with the ineffective white line of our roads could confuse the system. Are those S400 hybrids brought here have the feature? Merc says its an option

http://youtu.be/T77_jLdRJ1g]http://youtu.be/T77_jLdRJ1g[/url] (count the time it leaves 0 and reaches 100)

As mentioned earlier most people drive in eco mode , it makes the throttle shit :P

Cheers ;)

Real fun in sports mode. :) I relly got impressed with it.
i Highly Doubt that 0-60 Figures of the vezel mentioned here, even if the brochure say 8 sec in 0-60 it does feel 10+, i know can my car's brochure say's its 7.9 but i could leave a vezel to be like a tiny dot in my rear view from a standing Start, from personal experience it even struggles a lot just to get past 100 in normal road, anyhow i couldn't compare it with a similar(may be the new outlander would be a worthy contender),

my Personal view - i hate damn tree hugger's(because they drive worse and boast on there fuel figures) mostly because today people seriously needs to know how drive on the damn road and the why there's lines and all the markings

What's your car machan? 520D does 0-60 in 7.9 I guess Edited by sasika

(count the time it leaves 0 and reaches 100) As mentioned earlier most people drive in eco mode , it makes the throttle shit :P Cheers ;)

*** DELETED **** just repeating the same ole same ole about electric motors and acceleration...

1) Honda Fit does 0 - 100 with the same setup in 7.5 or so seconds.

2) Honda N-One Premium Tourer, a turbo charged Kei car, does 0-60 in 5 seconds which s about the same for the Vezel. Does that make N-One tourer a more powerful car ? OOOH...and I know through first hand experience that the thing does 20+ kmpl in the real world (in Japan...and the manufacturer claims 23.4!). Besides wouldn't 0-60 be a more appropriate measure for cars destined to be stuck in traffic doing work/grocery/school runs 90% of the time ?

Edited by iRage

well rue in SL lane markings are merely a suggestion...but then again most lane markings are so inconsistent and two lanes (for a single direction) just suddenly become three and the markings just...they just...just...I have no words...

@Magnum: The Malaysian HR-V comes ONLY with a 1.8ltr engine, I wonder if that is going to be the same for the rest of the Asian market and if the local agents would actually bring it down (my guess is they won't as the locals are obsessed with it because it is a Hybrid).

• Like 1

Again...with an electric motor there is no doubt that it would start off faster (reasons I directed sasika to look in to torque curves, etc...). These 0 - 100 times are simulated and you are not going to get it in everyday driving as you are not always driving on flat surfaces with just driver + car weight ( please don't get on the expressway holding a freaking phone camera whilst trying to 100).

What got me about the specs that was on that web page was the top speed.

I go back to my initial claim, it does not have enough power compared to a lot of other cars of the same size/capacity (as before I am breaking apart acceleration from "power'). For average use yes it works just like any other car would.

If you really are going to do this then the Fit with the same engine and gearbox with a slimmer lighter body does 0 - 100 in 7.5 ish seconds ! So should the Fit be better than the Vezel ? or does it make it more "powerful' ? Then again....Honda's N-One premium tourer kei car does 0 - 60 in about 5 seconds which is the same as the Vezel and has only a 660cc turbo charged engine and costs only 1.1 million yen and gets about 20 kmpl in real life (claimed to be 24 kmpl). Besides within city driving (which is 90% of the time for most cars) 0-60 would make more sense than 0-100 wouldn't it ? Does that make it better ?

Whilst acceleration is a good thing to have you can't really judge if a car is adequately powered or even good just by that can you ?

Really...the Vezel is just a car which does better in some areas and falls short in some others compared to a whole sea of other cars; just like every other car on the planet would....

The site said as I remember the theoretical top speed and had within brackets "without speed limiters" or something like that. Agree with the last sentence.