• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Sedan Car For 1.5Mn

shalika7

Question

Hi All,

I'm looking to buy a car in next month. I'm very new to using vehicle. I need to buy a salon body with auto gear for 1.5 Million. Better if an English number. Rather preferred a Japan car other than Kia & Hyundai. Please suggest me a car to buy. I'm also consider about the fuel economy & maintenance cost. :speechless-smiley-003: Don't know weather I can fulfill all my ideas. Please advice me friends. :speechless-smiley-006: Thank you!

22 answers to this question

Cost of maintenance will depend on various factors such as the mileage, engine & gearbox condition, body condition etc. So, it’s really difficult to give an exact figure on how much you have to spend on maintenance since you may have to replace few parts here and there, do some repair work as time goes by. When it comes to maintenance, are you talking about only routine activities such as oil changing & other lubrication services, wheel alignment etc. or is it routine maintenance activities + replacement of parts, repairs etc?

Furthermore, may I know whether 15 lakhs is your maximum budget? If that’s the case, I think it would be better to look for something in the range 13-14lakhs and keep the remaining amount in hand in case a repair or two comes by. Majority of local car users sell their cars when a major repair or two is due and they will do the best to hide it before selling. So, you better be aware unless you have an expert at your disposal.

• Like 1

:sleeping-smiley-008:

wasn't this discussed a lot in recent times?

I remember the thread where someone wanted to buy a B14 for 1.6 Mill and this was discussed and quite a few options suggested.

Refer this and search for a bit more on this forum.

you are basically looking at the late 1990s or early Jap Sedans

A 1.5 Sedan car with automatic transmission would usually do 9-10 KMPL in urban-suburban conditions.[sometimes even less]

maintenance cost cannot be predetermined cos these rides as reliable as they are , are now quite old.

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1

Don't expect high fuel economy from all of the above 3 cars..It's around 9-11 kmpl on average and may do bit more depending on how good you maintain and treat the engine and your driving style. As you have to go for a mid 90s or close to year 2000 probably a 2000 also If you are lucky, do not expect them to be zero headaches as they are old. If you consider the resale value Nissan has the upper hand for sure..It's almost impossible for you to go for a Toyota in the same age with your budget as they are priced ridiculously higher in Sri Lanka. My first car was Mirage and I was very happy with it those days as I haven't driven any other before that..But finding spares is a problem in Mitsubishi and you got to be ready to pay UM for what ever the price they quote you...So overall I would go for either Nissan FB14 or Mazda Famila If I were you..

Edited by AbeysinghE
  • Like 1

Just remembered that the Nissan Pulsar (sedan) will also be in your range check this

i don't know much about Familia or Mirage but the FB14 while being a usually solid car doesn't do well on fuel.

If i were you based on the looks and the fact that a newer model is gettable for the budget i'd get myself a Mazda familia.

• Like 1

i don't know much about Familia or Mirage but the FB14 while being a usually solid car doesn't do well on fuel.

I don't know why people say FB14 is a solid car. Almost all forum members who have ever owned an FB14 has nothing but complaints about it. I got two friends who owned those and again, nothing but complaints. Blame the car baiyas for creating this nonsensical hype about FB14s.

• Like 1

I don't know why people say FB14 is a solid car. Almost all forum members who have ever owned an FB14 has nothing but complaints about it. I got two friends who owned those and again, nothing but complaints. Blame the car baiyas for creating this nonsensical hype about FB14s.

Had a 'B14' in the family for a looooong time apart from being underpowered with its 1.3 liter engine, hardly gave any trouble at all .

I have two cousins who are using FB14's and they've been using them for quite a while - one of them close to a decade and they are fairly satisfied and haven't had any complaints.

Having said that it's an unexciting basic car with very average looks. (The FE version doesn't even have a clock)That's why i recommended a Familia to the OP.

IMHO the FB 14 sits well below the B12 (Trad sunny) and the B13 (Doctor Sunny) But above the N16.

• Like 2