• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 307 - 2002

vimuthf

Question

Guys!

Peugeot 307, a 2002 one registered in 2007. Used in UK, 150k on clock upto date. It felt so great with almost every aspect. 10kmpl on citys as he said. Manuwal, Petrol, 1.3l engine if my memory is right :prankster: no alloy wheels, body condition was good. Seems like it is well maintained. Engine sounds smooth. 6 airbags.

Is it worth for 1,485,000?

21 answers to this question

if it's manual one headache won't be there, the troublesome AL4 auto gearbox. I personally advise to go for a brand new import when it comes to Peugeots especially a car like 307 which is very sensitive towards climate conditions and often found over heating in our driving conditions. Mind you 150k in the odo is in miles if it's a UK import. so multiply by 1.6 and get the kilometers it had done. However, high mileage on most Euros isn't a problem as long as it was maintained properly. What are the options it has? climate control and full option or rear manual with semi option features ? price heavily depends up on its condition, maintenance and options. By judging it's doesn't have alloys as a factory fitted option, I tend to assume that it's a semi option car. if so price is little towards high side.

• Like 2

Thanx bro!

Nope, it was around 95k on clock from miles. I guess it's a semi option. The rear shutters were manual, all 3 headrests at back. I really have no much idea about full options and semi options. Bro please do tell me, what is the reason for the price to be on high side if it's semi option?

Would love to go for a brand new, but the budget is very limited. Since it won't be a daily runner we chose this one :smilie_liebe9: What are the reasons it will tend to over heat bro? Is it simply this temperature?

Guys!

Peugeot 307, a 2002 one registered in 2007. Used in UK, 150k on clock upto date. It felt so great with almost every aspect. 10kmpl on citys as he said. Manuwal, Petrol, 1.3l engine if my memory is right :prankster: no alloy wheels, body condition was good. Seems like it is well maintained. Engine sounds smooth. 6 airbags.

Is it worth for 1,485,000?

Did you Test Drive it???

Never Trust the kmpl, Assume it to be 2 kmpl lesser

yep.. I did a test drive in a very very bumpy road. It felt really nice and comfortable to drive. Haven't had that kind of experience with any other vehicles. No problems with shocks in that messy road. Engine was smooth.

true that.. never trust it until you get to know it by ur own :D

with little (3 years + )experience with euros, i think it is better to search euro forums and get more info out of it, i use to do this and get info out which our mechs dont know and ask our mechs to do so and repair/maintenance cost go down.

when u know in & out of ur euro car only indian cars can beat when in comes to maintenance cost.

if you go after agents for reliability or to save time, you will be ripped off,

here is a my experience when i was looking for MAP sensor for my car

"call up to agent to buy MAP sensor - 28,000/-"

ebay - 1300/- :music-smiley-004:

since not a daily runner and with airbags , good choice ! :party-smiley-019:

dont know much about price :music-smiley-019:

• Like 1

Thanx bro!

Nope, it was around 95k on clock from miles. I guess it's a semi option. The rear shutters were manual, all 3 headrests at back. I really have no much idea about full options and semi options. Bro please do tell me, what is the reason for the price to be on high side if it's semi option?

Would love to go for a brand new, but the budget is very limited. Since it won't be a daily runner we chose this one :smilie_liebe9: What are the reasons it will tend to over heat bro? Is it simply this temperature?

brand new in the sense imported as brand new back then. 307 cannot be bought brand new in SL anymore. Why I said price is high coz there are fully loaded brand new imports around the same price or lower. Go check a few more before finalize.

Ah.. Got it. The thing is the registration bro ;-) went thru several, but they are 1,550,000 and above. This one has a KF number, so the registration period has no issue when applying the loan too. Thank you all for your valuable advices.

Made a payment of 25k as an advance. Hopefully we will be having it wiyhin two weeks time :-D :-D i have no patience at all:-D

Edited by vimuthf