• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic or Toyota Axio or Allion 240

alpha17

Question

Hi guys

A friend of mine plans to sell his fb15 and go for a car between 3.5-4 mil.His choices are narrowed down to Civic FD1,Axio G, and Allion 240 A18.At the moment he is leaned more towarda Civic but kind of in a doubt about it.So i decided to get the expert advice from or AL members.if u have driven all three,or at least fd1 and axio please share ur experiences and opinions.

(Even i myself have the idea to go for a FD1 next year so it would be a great help for me too)

1. civics got brand new and jdm imports.what is the best option?

2. He prefers a comfortable ride.civics got multilink but toyotas got torsion beam.civc got a longer wheelbase,wider tires.as a downside low profile tires.in theory civic must be comfier.but when i checked some forums from pakistan and other countries some had said civics got a firm and choopy ride.????is it true?is it more comfier than an axio or allion?or is it hard for long journeys?

3. He prefers the one with the paddle shifters and sunroof.which imports got these options?jdm or b/new?or both?

4. If comfort is priority when buying a civic shuold he go for the jdm?

5. What is the exact fuel figures?

6.how is the engine performance compared to 240 allion a18?

so please share ur experiences as a help...i know that i will not be good on fuel as an allion or Axio.but civic got that supermodel look.when a civic passes by our heads turn????.i suggested him to go for a civic.as i mention i would also love to own one.I expect a good explanaition for the no.2 question.thanks everybody.hoping for fast replys.

14 answers to this question

9 hours ago, DhoRK said:

civic got that supermodel look.when a civic passes by our heads turn????.i suggested him to go for a civic.as i mention i would also love to own one.I expect a good explanaition for the no.2 question.thanks everybody.hoping for fast replys.

Check this puppy out

cVR5Lln.jpg

LFvnNNd.jpg

The Lancer is much rarer in SL but the FD1 is more VFM

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jor-el said:

Check this puppy out

cVR5Lln.jpg

LFvnNNd.jpg

The Lancer is much rarer in SL but the FD1 is more VFM

Yap...lancer ex is rare.but for me the rear end looks ugly...but the front,oooh love it....anyway interior is cheaply built,except the lovely meter panel.in many reviews i saw complaints about the overly high road noise.but definietly lancer would be a better ride than those toyotas in terms of driving dynamics.for me honda looks just right in every angle.what i like most is the length due to its longer wheelbase.interior looks like a spaceship.that two-tier instrument panel will pop eyes of many.?????

I have been using Axio X limited car for 5 years now. 

Pros

• Comfortable due to soft suspension as most of JDM cars
  • Decent fuel economy 
  • Good power (110bhp for a 1.5L )

Reliability  (only routine services no repairs for the past 5 years )

Cons

• Handling  (plenty of body roll while  taking corners due to soft suspension )

Engine screaming while overtaking due to CVT gearbox. 

I haven't driven a FD1 but it would be better in handling than the Axio. Comfort would be more or less the same.  

Allion  A1.8 would do better on fuel in long runs, but less in traffic than axio or fd1. 

Also as Jor-el pointed out,  consider Lancer EX and also Mazda Axela/ given that they are also "fun to drive" cars.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sathyajithj99 said:

I have been using Axio X limited car for 5 years now. 

Pros

• Comfortable due to soft suspension as most of JDM cars
  • Decent fuel economy 
  • Good power (110bhp for a 1.5L )

Reliability  (only routine services no repairs for the past 5 years )

Cons

• Handling  (plenty of body roll while  taking corners due to soft suspension )

Engine screaming while overtaking due to CVT gearbox. 

I haven't driven a FD1 but it would be better in handling than the Axio. Comfort would be more or less the same.  

Allion  A1.8 would do better on fuel in long runs, but less in traffic than axio or fd1. 

Also as Jor-el pointed out,  consider Lancer EX and also Mazda Axela/ given that they are also "fun to drive" cars.

He doesn't like the look of the lancer ex and according to him mazda 3 lacks interior space.that's why he had narrowed his options to 3 cars.among them,he is more attracted to fd1.

i too experienced that axio has considerable amount of power as a 1500cc.but lacks stability when cornering at high speeds.also the due to the rear torsion beam the car feels like swaying on bad roads.same with the allion.i'm yet to drive a fd1.he too.

I checked all the threads regarding fd1.so fuel will be not much of a problem.here in kegalle most of the roads are not yet carpeted.other than that he usually travels a lot.so comfort should be a plus point.he is the one who drives and that's why he prefers 1800cc.a18 might be comfy but it is much more harder to find a well maintained one.axio in other case got enough oomph as 1500cc.luxel is hard to find.but axio is not much stable when cruising over 100kmph and also handling is not much inspiring to drive, together with the loud crying cvt.as a long distance traveller, he prefers comfortable ride,but doubts whether the civic is on the harsh side.if it is a little difference,not a problem.he needs advice from someone who had driven both civic and axio

4 hours ago, Crishan said:

All three cars mentioned are going for crazy prizes these days. Not worth in my opinion when you have better options compared to non main stream cars. 

That's right....he'll might wait till next year.at the moment fd1 is nearly hitting 4mill and also a15 240 facelift goes over 40.before the price hike,i saw axios available for 2.9mil(apple green,done more than 100k).most of the axios available are not in good condition

10 minutes ago, Magnum said:

So the Axio/Premio/Allion doesn't have independent suspension? :unsure:

Axio surely does not, as I can remember the carina 212 had rear multilink suspension, I thought the allion 240/260 had it too, but I have been proved wrong.

5 hours ago, asrock said:

Axio surely does not, as I can remember the carina 212 had rear multilink suspension, I thought the allion 240/260 had it too, but I have been proved wrong.

Yup that's right.110 also got multilink.as a cost cutting effect they moved to torsion beam.newer corollas allions and premios and axios handles potholes and patches pretty well than 110 and carinas.but the car sways on bad roads.i think thats becoz of the torsion beam.prius also got the torsion beam until 2016 model.that's why toyota claim it is "sporty" ????

8 hours ago, asrock said:

That's surprising cuz my 1992 U13 has independent suspension 

Would recommend FD1 - low ground clearance is a con. The Axio has much better ground clearance. Kegalle roads normally demand OK ground clearance.

Turning into roads which have sharp inclines will be difficult in an FD1 due to the low front buffer.

Also, you may not find good mechanics in Kegalle - even an air filter would be hard to come by - believe me, I have tried servicing my Honda in Kegalle/Rambukkana and it is not easy.

But Axio and Allion both cannot match the Honda driving experience. If you are a person who loves driving, recommend to go for a Honda -  I drive the seventh generation Honda ES5 - super car, reliable, and superb ground hugging handling around difficult corners. Despite the downsides I would go for the FD1