• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kia Cerato/Hyundai Accent (2010-2013)

jmzsl

Question

a friend of mine looking for second hand car around  3-3.5 million and saw few advertisements for mentioned cars (post 2010) around mentioned price range.  I'll search the forum but couldn't find any information about those cars. So if anyone having experience about those cars please share your opinion. Is those cars worth the money being a newer cars than Japanese cars that he can buy for that range. how about the agents, maintenance cost?

Edited by jmzsl

14 answers to this question

5 hours ago, jmzsl said:

a friend of mine looking for second hand car around  3-3.5 million and saw few advertisements for mentioned cars (post 2010) around mentioned price range.  I'll search the forum but couldn't find any information about those cars. So if anyone having experience about those cars please share your opinion. Is those cars worth the money being a newer cars than Japanese cars that he can buy for that range. how about the agents, maintenance cost?

I had a Cerato which I sold a few months back. I had driven it in excess of 100,000km when I sold it. It's a very good car. It's very nippy, has good handling and quite comfortable. Also has more options than a 2011 Allion. You get all the spares you need at the Hyundai agent and Kia agent both (engine and gearbox are common between the two cars). Parts are not expensive either.

Most importantly, you won't get dashboard cracks like Axios or gearbox failures like Allions and Premios. So modern Hyundais and Kias are as reliable as Toyotas or even better.

BTW I own a Ford Focus too (since 2011). It's not as fast as the Kia. But reliability and build quality is way ahead of modern Japs. Having owned Japanese (Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Suzuki, Mitsubishi), Korean (Kia) and European (Ford, Fiat, Peugeot) cars, I can simply say the whole social stigma about Japanese cars being more reliable and being cheaper to maintain is just a myth. A sprinter 110 was the most unreliable car I had. Koreans are in par with the Japanese now and Europeans are way ahead (except for a few like Renault). Only important point to note with these cars is you need to do the servicing and maintenance on time, every time.

• Like 3

On 11/5/2016 at 7:31 PM, Crosswind said:

I had a Cerato which I sold a few months back. I had driven it in excess of 100,000km when I sold it. It's a very good car. It's very nippy, has good handling and quite comfortable. Also has more options than a 2011 Allion. You get all the spares you need at the Hyundai agent and Kia agent both (engine and gearbox are common between the two cars). Parts are not expensive either.

Most importantly, you won't get dashboard cracks like Axios or gearbox failures like Allions and Premios. So modern Hyundais and Kias are as reliable as Toyotas or even better.

BTW I own a Ford Focus too (since 2011). It's not as fast as the Kia. But reliability and build quality is way ahead of modern Japs. Having owned Japanese (Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Suzuki, Mitsubishi), Korean (Kia) and European (Ford, Fiat, Peugeot) cars, I can simply say the whole social stigma about Japanese cars being more reliable and being cheaper to maintain is just a myth. A sprinter 110 was the most unreliable car I had. Koreans are in par with the Japanese now and Europeans are way ahead (except for a few like Renault). Only important point to note with these cars is you need to do the servicing and maintenance on time, every time.

Thanks for your explanation. Finding one will be the problem because there aren't many for sale

Edited by jmzsl

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

So why did you ask about it in the first place then? To waste others' time?

He is not in hurry to purchase a car. So in case a car will be available for sale it's better to know about the car before buying 

3 hours ago, jmzsl said:

I think Ford focus is out of his range. there are couple ads quoted 4.5M & 4.M

I was taking about 2010-2011 Ford Focus. Any way did not come across one up for sale for sometime. After I purchased, a colleague of mine is also in hunt for a focus. 

1 minute ago, Crishan said:

I was taking about 2010-2011 Ford Focus. Any way did not come across one up for sale for sometime. After I purchased, a colleague of mine is also in hunt for a focus. 

So how was your car? performance and ride comfort?

How about the fuel consumption?