Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is it safe to flush Engine Oil


bimalnp4me
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Internet is full of idiots trying out things on their cars, but that doesn't mean they're recommended nor safe. Flushing with kerosene is simply a way to destroy your engine IMO. Even engine flushing solvents should only be used as a last resort.

If you must flush, just flush using engine oil. Simply perform oil + filter changes in shorter intervals than usual. Search the forum for more info. This has been discussed in detail.

Edited by Davy
Added more content.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Davy said:

The Internet is full of idiots trying out things on their cars, but that doesn't mean they're recommended nor safe. Flushing with kerosene is simply a way to destroy your engine IMO.

Agree with you @Davy. In the past the knowledge was the education. Now it is changed. The skill to use correct keywords to find out relevant information is the education.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do not even allow the service guys to spray kerosene on to the car body because of its effect on exterior rubber parts let alone using it to flush an engine. They hate me when I ask them to use a sponge soaked in kerosene to remove any tar on the paint.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Most manufacturer's don't recomend it.So if you  think you must, do it at your own risk.

is it ok to ask you why you're thinking of doin it?

I'm doing regular maintenance. Change Oil + Oil Filter  in every 5000KM. recently when i open oil cap ,  i notice some Slug on the Engine. it was substance like Tar .  That keep me thinking..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, kusumsiri said:

Agree with you @Davy. In the past the knowledge was the education. Now it is changed. The skill to use correct keywords to find out relevant information is the education.

correct keywords  always don't verify as credible information.  That's why we post things on forms to verify things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bimalnp4me said:

correct keywords  always don't verify as credible information.  That's why we post things on forms to verify things.

Yes. Correct keywords not verify the information. But that will filter misleading information. Also the forums must be reliable. What we will get, if post the above topic in E**kiri ? :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, bimalnp4me said:

I'm doing regular maintenance. Change Oil + Oil Filter  in every 5000KM. recently when i open oil cap ,  i notice some Slug on the Engine. it was substance like Tar .  That keep me thinking..

What is the engine model and the mileage in question here? Your engine oil may deteriorate faster because of water vapor in blow by fumes which will remain in the crank case, if the oil baffles on the cam cover and/or PCV are clogged up with gunk. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rumesh88 said:

What is the engine model and the mileage in question here? Your engine oil may deteriorate faster because of water vapor in blow by fumes which will remain in the crank case, if the oil baffles on the cam cover and/or PCV are clogged up with gunk. 

Mazda demio -  1.3 -  162k on ODO... it was with me for 2 years ..it's done 20k for this period . i have done regular maintenance - except  Air filter Change ..:(

one thing ,  for lat 6 months i didn't run that much..  3000km only..
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bimalnp4me said:

Mazda demio -  1.3 -  162k on ODO... it was with me for 2 years ..it's done 20k for this period . i have done regular maintenance - except  Air filter Change ..:(

one thing ,  for lat 6 months i didn't run that much..  3000km only..
 

If you are running less and that too on short runs, then your engine oil would breakdown faster. If the PCV  is bad and/or the oil baffles are clogged up, these things would add up to deteriorating of engine oil. You cannot do much about low running mileage but at least if you can keep the other things in proper order that would certainly help. Change oil every six months even if your mileage doesn't reach 5k mark by then.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

AutoLanka Cars For Sale

Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]



×
×
  • Create New...