Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need help, regarding an Issue


kishore
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys 
Today I got a weird issue while driving , Suddenly my Allion NZT260(2011) started to blink the 
ABS, Handbrake Indicator and Engine warning light also I felt the miss of ABS when braking, I rushed to a mechanic and he did a scan of ABS system and said 
 ECU failed and need to replace ,I can't believe that guy cause he is not very famous and its not easy to find a professional in Batticaloa. Further he said its common in NZT260 model 
 if its common or any body encountered it already please I need your valuable advises, and best place to sort it out , Thanks in advance   
     

Edited by kishore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Davy said:

Do you have the scan report with you? Share a photo of it if possible. If not, mention what error codes were found. 

Hi Davy ,sorry I don't have any of those but just now i called that guy and asked about error code he said that he got something similar to break_ecu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, kishore said:

Hi Davy ,sorry I don't have any of those but just now i called that guy and asked about error code he said that he got something similar to break_ecu

Run far away from that guy and go to a reliable mechanic and get the car scanned again. The scan should reveal one or more error codes. You need to action each one of them depending on what they are.

"break_ECU" REALLY? Who is this joker? :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Davy ,sorry I don't have any of those but just now i called that guy and asked about error code he said that he got something similar to break_ecu


Like Davy pointed out the error codes come in a standard format, Pxxxx (x for numbers) for ecu related codes and Cxxxx for chasis and abs codes.

If the abs control unit failed then at best it would says "error reading abs dtc" or something simmilar.

Seems this guy is just bullsh**ing. Most greese monkey type Sri lankan mechanics have a very hard time actually diagnosing error codes, what they do is change all the sensors until something works.
Are you in a position to take the vehicle to some bigger town and get it scanned? Maybe places like kurunegala or kandy will have better qualified people.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Davy said:

Run far away from that guy and go to a reliable mechanic and get the car scanned again. The scan should reveal one or more error codes. You need to action each one of them depending on what they are.

"break_ECU" REALLY? Who is this joker? :D 

 

4 hours ago, The Stig said:

 


Like Davy pointed out the error codes come in a standard format, Pxxxx (x for numbers) for ecu related codes and Cxxxx for chasis and abs codes.

If the abs control unit failed then at best it would says "error reading abs dtc" or something simmilar.

Seems this guy is just bullsh**ing. Most greese monkey type Sri lankan mechanics have a very hard time actually diagnosing error codes, what they do is change all the sensors until something works.
Are you in a position to take the vehicle to some bigger town and get it scanned? Maybe places like kurunegala or kandy will have better qualified people.

 

Thank you so much guys ..to save me from a hell hole 
I'am ready to take it to kurnegala or kandy but bit afraid to drive vehicle in this condition (i can seriously feel the vehicle lost its ABS braking ability) further I'am worrying more about Engine warning indicator. Is it good to drive the vehicle for such a long distance with this kind of problem ....?  

Edited by kishore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you so much guys ..to save me from a hell hole 
I'am ready to take it to kurnegala or kandy but bit afraid to drive vehicle in this condition (i can seriously feel the vehicle lost its ABS braking ability) further I'am worrying more about Engine warning indicator. Is it good to drive the vehicle for such a long distance with this kind of problem ....?  

Are you sure there is no other place to do a proper scan and get a report?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kishore said:

 

Thank you so much guys ..to save me from a hell hole 
I'am ready to take it to kurnegala or kandy but bit afraid to drive vehicle in this condition (i can seriously feel the vehicle lost its ABS braking ability) further I'am worrying more about Engine warning indicator. Is it good to drive the vehicle for such a long distance with this kind of problem ....?  

Losing ABS alone is not a serious thing as long as you take care to keep enough clearance from other vehicles, drive below 60kmph and most importantly roads are dry. These days the road conditions allover the island are not that favorable I'm afraid. As for the engine warning you can still run the car but depending on what the error code is the car could be in limp-home-mode or safe mode. If so you would get a very low fuel figures. If the fault code is only for ABS and the rest of the system is OK, you can drive safely subject to conditions mentioned above. By the way other than the fault indication how do you say you miss ABS? (cos for ABS to activate you should brake hard enough for the wheels to lock - something that usually does not happen unless the road is slippery).

Edited by Rumesh88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Stig said:


Are you sure there is no other place to do a proper scan and get a report?

There are few places , but the reviews are from other drivers not appealing , but i got some of the good reviews about one place in Ampara , hoping to give a try.

 

2 hours ago, Rumesh88 said:

Losing ABS alone is not a serious thing as long as you take care to keep enough clearance from other vehicles, drive below 60kmph and most importantly roads are dry. These days the road conditions allover the island are not that favorable I'm afraid. As for the engine warning you can still run the car but depending on what the error code is the car could be in limp-home-mode or safe mode. If so you would get a very low fuel figures. If the fault code is only for ABS and the rest of the system is OK, you can drive safely subject to conditions mentioned above. By the way other than the fault indication how do you say you miss ABS? (cos for ABS to activate you should brake hard enough for the wheels to lock - something that usually does not happen unless the road is slippery).

Mm...I don't know whether the feel is ABS or EBD.

initialy when i was braking I could feel a holding force which is like grabing the vehicle tires. Now its completely missing ,now with the same force I can't stop the vehicle..

thanks for all your valuable suggestions ...its really helpfull 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, kishore said:

i can seriously feel the vehicle lost its ABS braking ability

you don't even feel ABS during normal driving,either you need to break very hard or moderate hard on a wet surface to make the wheels lock. It could be a vacuum /break booster issue if you need more force now. Anyway get a proper scan done,wheel speed sensor failures can also throw such many errors of ABS,Handbrake,VSC systems simultaneously.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, kishore said:

There are few places , but the reviews are from other drivers not appealing , but i got some of the good reviews about one place in Ampara , hoping to give a try.

 

Mm...I don't know whether the feel is ABS or EBD.

initialy when i was braking I could feel a holding force which is like grabing the vehicle tires. Now its completely missing ,now with the same force I can't stop the vehicle..

thanks for all your valuable suggestions ...its really helpfull 

In that case as #ajm suggested above get your brake booster checked. As for a DIY booster test refer to explanation in this thread - http://autolanka.com/forums/topic/15409-break-issue/#comment-245590 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Guys 
Thank you so much for all your valuable suggestions. Finally the issue was sorted out 

On 9/8/2017 at 2:31 AM, ajm said:

you don't even feel ABS during normal driving,either you need to break very hard or moderate hard on a wet surface to make the wheels lock. It could be a vacuum /break booster issue if you need more force now. Anyway get a proper scan done,wheel speed sensor failures can also throw such many errors of ABS,Handbrake,VSC systems simultaneously.

+1
Bravo ...ajm you nailed it
The left rear wheel speed sensor was the culprit ,The place I went in Ampara is very good and more over they know what they're doing. 
I recommend this place to all eastern province drivers, the guy who inspected the car said the ECU error code is common and anyhow it will be thrown if the anomaly occurred in ABS system , but he got another sub code which describe the problem clearly  (Something like
L/H Rear Speed Wheel Sensor Open / Malfunction), once the replacement done  voila....the ABS and Handbrake indicator gone off. Then he clear the engine check light by using the same software. Now my car is fine and yes i got the same punchy feel of the brakes 
there should be something coupled with this ABS problem ,once it solved the brake force also back  :)

P.S : The rear wheel speed sensor (Reconditioned) cost me 9K  with the labor charge of 3.6K     

Edited by kishore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2017 at 6:52 AM, Davy said:

Glad you got it sorted. On the way back home after the repair, did you go to the "ECU_break" guy's garage and tell him a thing or two? :)

 

Ha...ha :D
of course yes, that guy went speechless and tried to cook a new story like its the first step of troubleshooting blah...blah...blah.
I said cut the crap for god's sake and learn first about vehicle repairing before ruining someones vehicle. Person gone to silent mode.   

Thanks again to all of you for your valuable suggestions , Keep up the good work 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

AutoLanka Cars For Sale

Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]



×
×
  • Create New...