• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda city 2001 idle rpm with ac

ThushanthaSrimal

Question

3 answers to this question

If your idle control mechanism is working properly, you shouldn't little to no change in the RPM when AC is switched on versus off. Depending on engine load, the idle air control valve (IACV) regulates intake air to adjust engine RPM. On EFI engines, you shouldn't manually adjust anything. If it doesn't work normally, a throttle body clean up (or tune up) should be done. 

900 isn't a low idle RPM. The reason as to why your AC isn't cooling could be because your cooling fan(s) isn't working properly. Start the car, switch on the AC and pop the hood to check if the AC cooling fans are working at high speed. 

2 hours ago, ThushanthaSrimal said:

My car is honda city 2001 type z

Idle rpm without ac is 600 and with ac is 900

Isnt this 900 is too low? Ac is not enough when it is parked under a hot sunlight....when running it is more than enough..

How can I increase the idle rpm when the compressor switches on? 

the root cause might be somewhere else, not the idle RPM. when the vehicle is stand still give a bit throttle and try to maintain a RPM like 1.1 K. still it will not blow cool air (best way to eliminate the cause you think).

Two possibilities:

1. Compressor is weak.so it can do its job only at high RPM.

2. Condenser does its job only when there is counter wind flow, then probably Fans are nor working properly.

If it is the first case , even if vehicle is stand still, if you throttle it to reach 3.0K RPM, it should start to blow cool air. 

Edited by MV-5

On 12/24/2017 at 9:47 AM, ThushanthaSrimal said:

My car is honda city 2001 type z

Idle rpm without ac is 600 and with ac is 900

Isnt this 900 is too low? Ac is not enough when it is parked under a hot sunlight....when running it is more than enough..

How can I increase the idle rpm when the compressor switches on? 

I have the same model with vtec, however mine idles around 700 without AC and with AC it idles around 850-900 (not more than that) and car doesn't have any vibrations around that idle speed so i believe its the exact value and haven't face any issue with AC.

However, when its parked under hot sunlight for longer period in any vehicle, it does take sometime to cool things inside since the metal and all other components should be cooled as well.. The best thing is to open the shutters and drive for 5 mins or so and then slowly switch on the AC (even with full cold position). This is common to any car (except newer models are capable of cooling inner compartment via mobile software prior to entering your car).