• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Premio/Allion 260 2013 engine oil and service help

chamara54

Hi All,

I recently brought Toyota premio (MFY 2013), I have a small concern regarding

Engine oil and Filter. I need confirm form AutoLanka expert.

1 .One good friend of mine told me, Toyota engine oil same as Mobil engine oil

Just Mobil rebranded as Toyota is it true?

2. Also Toyota oil filter which is available Sri Lanka made in Thailand and not better than VIC filter is it true?

3. VIC oil filter which is available in SL made in japan also better quality than expensive Toyota filter ?

4. Previous owner have been used Toyota 5w-30 mineral oil, if Mobil oil = Toyota oil, I will decide to use Mobil 5W-30 Semi-Synthetic.

Can you please tell me below Mobil Semi-Synthetic not having any issue for my 2013 premio ?

https://lubes.mobil.com/AP-English-LCW/carengineoils_au_products_mobil-super-2000-5w30.aspx#

http://www.mclarenslubes.lk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/mobil-super-2000-5w30-200x320.jpg

1 hour ago, chamara54 said:

Hi All,

I recently brought Toyota premio (MFY 2013), I have a small concern regarding

Engine oil and Filter. I need confirm form AutoLanka expert.

1 .One good friend of mine told me, Toyota engine oil same as Mobil engine oil

Just Mobil rebranded as Toyota is it true?

2. Also Toyota oil filter which is available Sri Lanka made in Thailand and not better than VIC filter is it true?

3. VIC oil filter which is available in SL made in japan also better quality than expensive Toyota filter ?

4. Previous owner have been used Toyota 5w-30 mineral oil, if Mobil oil = Toyota oil, I will decide to use Mobil 5W-30 Semi-Synthetic.

Can you please tell me below Mobil Semi-Synthetic not having any issue for my 2013 premio ?

https://lubes.mobil.com/AP-English-LCW/carengineoils_au_products_mobil-super-2000-5w30.aspx#

http://www.mclarenslubes.lk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/mobil-super-2000-5w30-200x320.jpg

1. Yes. Toyota DOES NOT make oil. Toyota is not a petroleum or oil manufacturing company. Somehow Sri Lankans do now want to believe that.  In Sri lanka apparently the Toyota brande oil is from Mobil. In Japan it is from Castle....so it depends on the region

2. Yes. Toyota DOES NOT make Oil filters either ! In most countries you do not get oi filters in Toyota boxes. In Japan, the oil filter, depending on the engine comes from different manufacturers and is sold in the manufacturers own box (Toyota just sticks a label on it with the Toyota product code).  Toyota gets other manufacturers to make it and put it in Toyota labelled boxes in some countries.

3. Depends. Depending on the filter it might come from a different manufacturing plant than in Japan. Toyota (and other car manufacturer certified/branded) filters and parts are those that meet minimum technical specifications for the car to operate the way the manufacturer has claimed it would. So just because it has the car manufacturer's name on it does not mean it is THE best part. There are plenty of third party brands that are actually better than what the manufacturer sells as itself.

4. Why do YOU think you want to change to semi/fully synthetic oil ? What do you think you wold gain from it ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iRage said:

1. Yes. Toyota DOES NOT make oil. Toyota is not a petroleum or oil manufacturing company. Somehow Sri Lankans do now want to believe that.  In Sri lanka apparently the Toyota brande oil is from Mobil. In Japan it is from Castle....so it depends on the region

2. Yes. Toyota DOES NOT make Oil filters either ! In most countries you do not get oi filters in Toyota boxes. In Japan, the oil filter, depending on the engine comes from different manufacturers and is sold in the manufacturers own box (Toyota just sticks a label on it with the Toyota product code).  Toyota gets other manufacturers to make it and put it in Toyota labelled boxes in some countries.

3. Depends. Depending on the filter it might come from a different manufacturing plant than in Japan. Toyota (and other car manufacturer certified/branded) filters and parts are those that meet minimum technical specifications for the car to operate the way the manufacturer has claimed it would. So just because it has the car manufacturer's name on it does not mean it is THE best part. There are plenty of third party brands that are actually better than what the manufacturer sells as itself.

4. Why do YOU think you want to change to semi/fully synthetic oil ? What do you think you wold gain from it ?

Many thanks for your information and much appreciate your time by providing such valuable comment.

The Reason is, why I go to the Semi-Synthetic I can use more mileage over the mineral, there is hidden cash advantage when I use semi-synthetic. I had the same experience with my previous car and motorbike  

As an Ex : Mineral oil – 3000KM (RS 4500)

Semi-Synthetic oil – 5000KM (RS 5000)

ASFAIK the 1NZ-FE engine loves to sludge up if the oil isn't changed religiously. I would just use the normal mineral oil and change it every 5000km.

good example of this - A good friend of mine owned a 2003 vios with the 1NZ-FE for the past 4 years and just as he bought it he replaced the valve cover gasket (Doing so revealed zero sludge in the head) and started using synthetic engine oil and changing the oil every 10,000km. Recently the valve cover was being removed again and he found a good amount of sludge inside. Synthetic oils do not sludge and are designed to run 10k without a hitch however as I said before the 1NZ-FE engine head has areas which pool oil and can cause sludge fairly quickly.

For oil filter find the best quality you can. If not then go for VIC but make sure it's the original one and not some replica.

Edited by kadsa98
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, chamara54 said:

Many thanks for your information and much appreciate your time by providing such valuable comment.

The Reason is, why I go to the Semi-Synthetic I can use more mileage over the mineral, there is hidden cash advantage when I use semi-synthetic. I had the same experience with my previous car and motorbike  

As an Ex : Mineral oil – 3000KM (RS 4500)

Semi-Synthetic oil – 5000KM (RS 5000)

You need to do a bit more calculation than that...how long does it take for you to do 3000 or 5000km ? You need to factor in the time factor as well because the oil itself has a life span.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kadsa98 said:

ASFAIK the 1NZ-FE engine loves to sludge up if the oil isn't changed religiously. I would just use the normal mineral oil and change it every 5000km.

good example of this - A good friend of mine owned a 2003 vios with the 1NZ-FE for the past 4 years and just as he bought it he replaced the valve cover gasket (Doing so revealed zero sludge in the head) and started using synthetic engine oil and changing the oil every 10,000km. Recently the valve cover was being removed again and he found a good amount of sludge inside. Synthetic oils do not sludge and are designed to run 10k without a hitch however as I said before the 1NZ-FE engine head has areas which pool oil and can cause sludge fairly quickly.

For oil filter find the best quality you can. If not then go for VIC but make sure it's the original one and not some replica.

Thanks dude , do you know best quality oil filter brand better than VIC ?

if you can't post here please PM or message me 

Thanks 

11 hours ago, tilvin said:

Do you think that this is one of the great secrets in the world.....???

Hello sir , i told like that , because some forms , ppl don't like promote that brand name in public 

I don't care about , even if  you post your wife name here !

LOL 

Edited by chamara54

@chamara54   I would just use the original Toyota oil filter from Toyota Lanka. But VIC is a good alternative as well.

If you can afford it go for either motorcraft or Bosch filters.

Do not go more than 5000km between oil changes unless you want sludge in your engine. (Only applies to the 1NZ-FE). When I Had my allion I would change it every 4000k - 3500km (Mineral oil) because of the heavy traffic use and overall abuse it saw.

Edited by kadsa98
wording