• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Grand Vitara 1996

Ale

Wait...1996 makes it the first gen ET/TA series right ? Didn't that come with either the J18 engine or the H20A V6 ?

The J20 engines started coming from the second gen onwards (if not mistaken the J20 engine was released around 1998). First it was the J20 for the first production run of the second gen (FT series) and then later on the J20A engine...

Are you sure you have a J20A in your 1996 car ? 

I dont have vast knowledge in this area. But according to my knowledge the car came with a J20 Engine. But previous owners have replaced the Engine Head to a J20A since it was difficult to find a J20 head. Now there is a another engine repair to be done and Garadge told me it is better to go for a J20A engine block as well. 

17 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Not sure latest version of J20A (this came with earlier version of Grand Vitara 2006-2008 models) would suit? If yes then do a search on quick site. Good Luck!

17 hours ago, iRage said:

Wait...1996 makes it the first gen ET/TA series right ? Didn't that come with either the J18 engine or the H20A V6 ?

The J20 engines started coming from the second gen onwards (if not mistaken the J20 engine was released around 1998). First it was the J20 for the first production run of the second gen (FT series) and then later on the J20A engine...

Are you sure you have a J20A in your 1996 car ? 

• 5 months later...

Hi @Ale 

Not sure if you're still looking for a J20A Engine Block, but if you are, please contact Anil at AU Motors Kohuwala. He maybe able to help you out, since I too source most of my parts from him for my Vitara's J20A engine.

Number - 0718079811

Good luck! Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.