• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

with me behind the wheel

180 - Vitz RS (on marine drive. maybe i hit the limiter?)

130 - Montero diesel (again on marine drive)

and so far my proudest achievement...

100 between roundabouts after a standstill start on GP on a 72 bhp noah :lol:

the wild ride...

140 on cbk mw. with 7 ppl in the car :P

with me on the passenger seat

220 - Volvo 850 T5R (on the A3 trying to get to uni on time B) )

200(125mph) - bmw 318 the 143bhp one (on the M1)

120 - Defender Tdi (going down the parliment road with headlights on, on a parliment day. as we were slowing down hard in front of the parliment gates the cops and the army were actually clearing up to open the gates for us :lol: )

180 - Vitz RS (on marine drive. maybe i hit the limiter?)

If you hit the limiter, you would know. Its not a gentle reaction.

140 on cbk mw. with 7 ppl in the car :P

:) Just try not to kill yourself on that road. I get a lot of flack at office whenever people get to know of people who couldn't keep it on the road.

If you hit the limiter, you would know. Its not a gentle reaction.

shows just how much i experiment with my top speed :lol:

what does it normally feel like? i'm guessing its a fuel cut off. do u still have a limiter on the vzr?

:) Just try not to kill yourself on that road. I get a lot of flack at office whenever people get to know of people who couldn't keep it on the road.

don't worry mate! those antics were from a bygone era :)

guess it would be over here in oman from muscat to sur a good 400km road in the coast in a porsche cayenne gamballa which is owned by my boss we hit around 240-260 range and you don't feel a thing in it just seeing the landscape pass you by in a instant ...

another would be in a lumina SS in the same road few years back with my cuz ... and in the skyline which almost got us killed when we were studing abroad

did some insane driving at highspeeds in the highways in toyota corolla's hitting well over the 180kmh mark

the fastest i went in SL is in a Jag S from malabe to padukka ..when the road was new to hand over wedding card damn that was fast those days

few runs at pali, merine drive,down south at new nuge road will surely top the list as well in some beefed up civic's and converted Sti's

glad mine didnt came with the speedo and RPM limiter,

i dont know about my speed limiter but it seems my rpm limiter has a mind of its own. when i was at king of the streets II i accidently went upto 80 on 1st gear trying to catch up with the ##### boys in front of pilla. the noise was biblical. but i thought i ruined the oil pump :(

p.s. and i almost clipped peri's vzr trying to get going :P

160kmh near Mavenella on my way to Kandy with my EG8 vtec on day time..Dreaming to hit 180 :rolleyes:

Better watch out mate... there are some dirty cops in that particular area.... :huh:

...unless U pass the speed gun before they get time to lift it.... :D

hey by the way some guys i know in SL did that run in Eg8s to mawanaella tooo by the way .... i'm guessing did u owned a black eg8 ... and running with asanka at pelawatha ..... cos my guys did the run from kandy to pelawatha i think with in a bit over 1hr

He he are you sure about this statement dude??

MINIACE

I believe it would be impossible to make the run from Kandy to Pelawatha in an hour, or, just a little more than an hour... :D

Fastest I've gone is 131mph in my Subaru Outback. The limiter kicked in and shut down the party! Road was I90 - heading west from Boston...

Chris

i think its around 1hr and 45 min .. mini not sure it was around 4-5 years back .. but it was a bloddy fast run as the guys told me some we throwin up inside one car after seeing the ripper eye to eye when they were over taking some buses and trucks ......

Edited by kotte mafia

Recent encounter in Vienna Austria, - A taxi driver who had a resemblance to Seb Vettel :D and did 180kmph (for long stints) in a Passat TDI while dropping us at the airport. Asked him if he liked the car and he said its ok but he'd like a bit more HP :blink:

i think its around 1hr and 45 min .. mini not sure it was around 4-5 years back .. but it was a bloddy fast run as the guys told me some we throwin up inside one car after seeing the ripper eye to eye when they were over taking some buses and trucks ......

lol that's hardly " a little over 1 hr" that's waaay closer to 2hrs than it is 1 :D Still impressive though for the average speed of travel would work out to around 100kmph. The best I've heard is an alledged 2hrs and 30min; on a midnight run from the Peradeniya campus area, finishing at the Keleniya bridge.

Edited by Kavvz

lol that's hardly " a little over 1 hr" that's waaay closer to 2hrs than it is 1 :D Still impressive though for the average speed of travel would work out to around 100kmph. The best I've heard is an alledged 2hrs and 30min; on a midnight run from the Peradeniya campus area, finishing at the Keleniya bridge.

I'm sure it can be done quicker than that... I've gone under that at least twice in a slow as* TP12 (middle of the night and early morn) Funny the way an auto CVT reacts down down hill- just over revs itself into a corner. :P

I'm sure it can be done quicker than that... I've gone under that at least twice in a slow as* TP12 (middle of the night and early morn) Funny the way an auto CVT reacts down down hill- just over revs itself into a corner. :P

Did Peradeniya to kelaniya once in 1 hour 25 Mins, leaving at around 8PM... In the jeep of course.

Driver

Maruti Alto : 140kmph in Kurunegala-Puttlam road. Only once reached that speed because I felt like flying beyond 120kmph :angry-smiley-048:

i once drove a kei alto with a 3 speed auto box. it was pedal to the metal on every gear and when it finally got into top gear i checked the speedo, cos the noise and sensation made me think it was near the limit, only to find it was doing 60 :lol:

the maruti on the other hand feels a bit more composed. but still you got balls for taking it upto those speeds :D