• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

yeah cos you're the ONLY one driving the ultra rare one of a kind vehicle called the gen 3 Prius :rolleyes:

What's even more laughable is that after 2 years you still dont realize the difference between instantaneous speed/FC and average speed/FC. To you all this may be fancy and futuristic, but some of have seen/driven 18-20 year old car that shows the exact same parameters.

If you dont want to believe that the 10kmpL value is your fuel consumption (@175kmph) can you tell us WHAT that value is? Or maybe prius-guru Cali can tell us himself...

Why dont you look at your OWN photo with your OWN descriptions. Why are you arguing against your own photo/state,ent/description.

Edited by Supra_Natural

you better learn how to read meters before comment, see the above explanations

anee.. Thel higanna, first learn the basic mathematical skills to identify the difference between average and current,

if your gonna count that 25kmpl, then you should take your speed as 60kmph.

your CURRENT consumption shows just below 10kmpl at 175kmph

ayyo salli

and ain't your fuel light working? you decide to floor it in a near to empty tank?

• Like 4

Top speed of 180 kmph was achieved twice on the Express way in my new Lancer Ex. I was checking the stability of the car at high speeds and was very happy with the performance.

Acceleration upto 180 was good in the 4th and the 5th gear. I tried accelerating beyond 180 but it was slow due to the wind resistance.

post-3809-0-88692500-1353555513_thumb.jp

see the explanation written with arrows in the above photo

and see below another photo taken by me it explains more

60 km/h average on an express way is far below the design speed.

Were you able to enjoy the ride?.

Smells a girlish behavior....

Top speed of 180 kmph was achieved twice on the Express way in my new Lancer Ex. I was checking the stability of the car at high speeds and was very happy with the performance.

Acceleration upto 180 was good in the 4th and the 5th gear. I tried accelerating beyond 180 but it was slow due to the wind resistance.

If you were, say, "unhappy" with the said handling, would they be scraping your entrails off the divider?

Just curious...

• Like 2

post-3809-0-88692500-1353555513_thumb.jp

see the explanation written with arrows in the above photo

and see below another photo taken by me it explains more

so according to your picture your average speed is 60kmph and the meter said you reset your meter 3.4km ago so you hit 178kmph and still your average speed is 60kmph how slow you driving first few km's in the highway any ways 30kmph or something . :sad-smiley-066:

so according to your picture your average speed is 60kmph and the meter said you reset your meter 3.4km ago so you hit 178kmph and still your average speed is 60kmph how slow you driving first few km's in the highway any ways 30kmph or something . :sad-smiley-066:

i think he stopped and pushed the car O:)

surprised by comments given by some people...... before i enter the highway i reset the meter (may be in kottawa town)and stayed few minutes outside the entrance gateway (kottawa makumbura) waiting for my cousin's vehicle that's why average speed went down to 60 km per hour,,but 175kmh touched within the first km on the southern highway.i driven this car 40000km+ plus for last two years,,and i also own nissan sunny n16,corolla 121 nissan sunny needs 8000 rupees of petrol to colombo-nuwara eliya-hakgala- NEliya city tours and back to colombo....corolla 121 need around 7000 rupees both are auto transmission. but this 3rd generation prius needs less than 2500 rupees of petrol for colombo-nuwara eliya-hakgala- few NEliya city tours and back to colombo(aggresive driving).E-CVT synergy Drive... so conclusion i think toyota made this machine a marvelous piece of engineering technology.it's not a luxury car it's a average sedan car with future technology srilankan government gave some tax concession for hybrid cars ,i think people have to take this opportunity to buy more and more hybrid cars.

:)

news item "as of October 2012, a total of 2.8 million Prius have been sold worldwide..."

• Like 1

surprised by comments given by some people...... before i enter the highway i reset the meter (may be in kottawa town)and stayed few minutes outside the entrance gateway (kottawa makumbura) waiting for my cousin's vehicle that's why average speed went down to 60 km per hour,,but 175kmh touched within the first km on the southern highway.i driven this car 40000km+ plus for last two years,,and i also own nissan sunny n16,corolla 121 nissan sunny needs 8000 rupees of petrol to colombo-nuwara eliya-hakgala- NEliya city tours and back to colombo....corolla 121 need around 7000 rupees both are auto transmission. but this 3rd generation prius needs less than 2500 rupees of petrol for colombo-nuwara eliya-hakgala- few NEliya city tours and back to colombo(aggresive driving).E-CVT synergy Drive... so conclusion i think toyota made this machine a marvelous piece of engineering technology.it's not a luxury car it's a average sedan car with future technology srilankan government gave some tax concession for hybrid cars ,i think people have to take this opportunity to buy more and more hybrid cars.

:)

news item "as of October 2012, a total of 2.8 million Prius have been sold worldwide..."

ehhh, i dont think the idle time is considered as part of the avg. speed calculation

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 3

must be from a preschool by the look of it. :)

must be from a preschool by the look of it. :)

and the other thing occured to me, when a car is stationary the prius runs on just the battery right?

so how can even be remotely taken count as?

ane manda,

and the other thing occured to me, when a car is stationary the prius runs on just the battery right?

ane manda,

Exactly my thought. You have zero milage and zero petrol burnt. How in mathematical (forget mechanical) is a division by zero done????? Maybe them japanese are so advance they figured that out too :P

• Like 1

ane manda,

afaik you are right mate when stationary toyota prius is run by the battery as Watchman said maybe Japanese been so advance or this guys car having a faulty average speed calculator.

Exactly my thought. You have zero milage and zero petrol burnt. How in mathematical (forget mechanical) is a division by zero done????? Maybe them japanese are so advance they figured that out too :P

afaik you are right mate when stationary toyota prius is run by the battery as Watchman said maybe Japanese been so advance or this guys car having a faulty average speed calculator.

Damn its confusing!! :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004:

20699738.jpg

Edit: Wait, km/l has nothing to do with the battery right? isnt it calculated by the kilometers traveled divided by number of litres of fuel burnt?

Edited by Magnum

You know what, byte-a-thon aside, I think Californication might actually have the answer to this!

The thing is if there is someone with a legit question about a prius, cali is never around to reply, but should someone else reply and hurt the OP's feelings he'll be all "rape! gang raping of newbies!! help help!!" blah blah blah...

• Like 5