• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hi everyone! 

Hope you all are well and staying safe!

Has the government given any extensions to renew our vehicle revenue license? 

If not how can we do it in these lockdown days? I know there is this online service, but without a functioning postal department, this wouldn't work, and too risky to follow as there will be delays/dislocations and imagine explaining something like this to an average police officer. (hats off to good policemen) 

Also no way to get the smoke test done. So then what are our options?

Have you managed to renew your vehicle insurance these days? I just tried to reach my insurance company for hours but couldn't get through. Are there any online payment and delivery services operated by these companies these days? 

Thank you in advance!

Kind Regards,

Dush

Paid online for my revenue license around May prior to the travel restrictions commenced and this time they have increased the validity period of the temporary license they offer (as I remember). There was a delay in getting it delivered as within a couple of days the postal department closed due to travel restrictions. However, they reopened a couple of weeks (or week) before and I got my revenue license delivered to my home without any issue. Not through the regular postman but guess straight from the central mail exchange. So should commend them on handling it well without any mishaps as it was delayed for about a month.

There has been some extensions given in obtaining the revenue licenses so better to check the news sites about anything related to your province or maybe just call the government help center on 1919. However, in your case since you need emission certificate you can not get it online unless you have a valid insurance and emission certificate.

Some insurance companies used to provide this service but the service could vary from company to company. You would be able to check it through their website. I know SLIC has the online payment option. Better to renew the insurance at least if you are travelling these days as there is an increase in accidents even though the travel restrictions are in place.

Not been able to return due to covid and not able to sort out emissions certificate and therefore no revenue license since last July. Wonder how much the fine will be🙄 Is there an option to suspend registration temporarily like in UK etc ?

Edited by ajm

12 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

Paid online for my revenue license around May prior to the travel restrictions commenced and this time they have increased the validity period of the temporary license they offer (as I remember). There was a delay in getting it delivered as within a couple of days the postal department closed due to travel restrictions. However, they reopened a couple of weeks (or week) before and I got my revenue license delivered to my home without any issue. Not through the regular postman but guess straight from the central mail exchange. So should commend them on handling it well without any mishaps as it was delayed for about a month.

There has been some extensions given in obtaining the revenue licenses so better to check the news sites about anything related to your province or maybe just call the government help center on 1919. However, in your case since you need emission certificate you can not get it online unless you have a valid insurance and emission certificate.

Some insurance companies used to provide this service but the service could vary from company to company. You would be able to check it through their website. I know SLIC has the online payment option. Better to renew the insurance at least if you are travelling these days as there is an increase in accidents even though the travel restrictions are in place.

Thank you so very much for your reply and for your time! This is very helpful indeed. Bless you!

• 4 months later...

Guys, is it the MTA 11 form we have to submit in order to get a letter from RMV for revenue license update, while the book is being processed in RMV for new ownership transfer? Also I remember the temporary revenue license they issue is valid only for 3 months. So in case the book doesn't come in 3 months, how can we extend this revenue license for a longer period?

7 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Guys, is it the MTA 11 form we have to submit in order to get a letter from RMV for revenue license update, while the book is being processed in RMV for new ownership transfer? Also I remember the temporary revenue license they issue is valid only for 3 months. So in case the book doesn't come in 3 months, how can we extend this revenue license for a longer period?

Im in the same boat - My one revenue license too has expired and I've sent the book for update to RMV.  As they no longer have 1 day service, said it might take some time to get it.