• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Are CK2 automatic gearboxes that came with EFI 4G15 troublesome?

Shutterdragger

Hello lads,

Trust everyone is safe and sound. are automatic gearboxes that came in CK2 (featuring an EFI 4G15) troublesome? like brand X CVTs. I have heard few not so good things about them. But I have no experience with any Mitsubishi models. automatics per say. Asking for a friend of mine who is looking to buy one of these cars. Also would like hear from you guys about any general issues with these cars if there is any.

Thank you! Stay safe!

I believe the conventional automatic transmission that comes with the CK and CS is the same unit. They are pretty simple and reliable transmissions from my experience. Do your regular maintenance on time and they should last as long as the car does.

• Like 1

@Davy Hi davy! Thanks a lot for the info. I'll let my friend know about this. Thanks a lot again for taking the time to reply to this thread.

Only thing is most of the cars we looked at are not maintained very well. We also found a pulsar VZR. Will update you on it if he actually buys it.

On 8/29/2021 at 1:06 PM, Shutterdragger said:

We also found a pulsar VZR

Be extra strict wheninspecting these...there are only a handful of actual VZRs in the country (just as the GTiR); but there might be more hidden cars around. These things were underrated and because of the wrong badge for the Sri Lankan market was relatively under priced. As a result a lot of ricer boys got their hands on them for cheap thrills.
The sedans were hooned around in and can think of only one that actually stayed in a good state with decent upgades/mods. A hatch was used as a base for a GTiR conversion after being raced.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, iRage said:

Be extra strict wheninspecting these...there are only a handful of actual VZRs in the country (just as the GTiR); but there might be more hidden cars around. These things were underrated and because of the wrong badge for the Sri Lankan market was relatively under priced. As a result a lot of ricer boys got their hands on them for cheap thrills.
The sedans were hooned around in and can think of only one that actually stayed in a good state with decent upgades/mods. A hatch was used as a base for a GTiR conversion after being raced.

Hi @iRage Thank you for the informative comment.

Yeah that's true. I got it confirmed that its an actual VZR with a SR16 NEO VVL from the factory. I also checked the documents as well. So it wasn't a swap either. Only issue is it had so many issues for what the owner was asking. Rust issues, it needs to be overhauled and possible head gasket failure too and that's only a few of them. It wasn't riced either apart from the not so stock spoiler and car looked. but he agreed to give me the original spoiler as well. But comparing with the issues it had, i didn't feel like its a good deal to move forward with. I respect the owner's asking price and gave our offer but we called it a day.

Dream spec if I was lucky enough to get my hands on a VZR

-Shutterdragger-

Daily drives a Mark 2.

pulsar.jpeg

Edited by Shutterdragger