• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gear Shifting Issue Every Morning (Nissan Serena)

buddhi chathuranga

My automatic gear box not working in every morning.But enging start is normal and but gear box D/2/3 not functioning very well.But reverse gear working very well.After start and racing few minits, 2nd gear working and can drive my vehical.then i can swift to D and vehiclal gone very well.all gears swifting very well without any issue/sound or any delay.But only thing, every morning in my 1st start gear box not working and working only R.

This was happend 2 weeks after last gear oil changing servise.Please advise me, how to fix this.

Vehival - Nissan Serena

Edited by iRage

Did you try starting up the car and leaving it for few minutes - say 5 Min and then engage to D ? It should move then. Looks like the dear box is on it's way out ...

Good news it that there are plenty of people who can fix it well.  Shall drop a PM and you can have a chat with him - He's fixed countless number of vehicles including my Mazda many years ago which had the same issue. 

• Like 1

• iRage changed the title to Gear Shifting Issue Every Morning (Nissan Serena)
On 10/31/2021 at 8:59 AM, buddhi chathuranga said:

My automatic gear box not working in every morning.But enging start is normal and but gear box D/2/3 not functioning very well.But reverse gear working very well.After start and racing few minits, 2nd gear working and can drive my vehical.then i can swift to D and vehiclal gone very well.all gears swifting very well without any issue/sound or any delay.But only thing, every morning in my 1st start gear box not working and working only R.

This was happend 2 weeks after last gear oil changing servise.Please advise me, how to fix this.

Vehival - Nissan Serena

This sounds like a sign of a failing transmission solenoid. (Get a transmission guy to take a look. Usually it's a straightforward fix.) 

• Like 1