• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Funniest Moments

Duncan

I dunno if its real, I got it in the mail when my boss sent it to me. I aint about to call and see. But man, it made me lol at work :lol:

hitadautofocus.jpg

I highly doubt its real. "Good to attracting the badu"? I mean.... C'mon!

Actually it was supposed to be a prank, done by the guy who has been advertising his MMC Montero and LR Disco for quite awhile. He did it with my boss who had done the wording. The telephone number given was of the guy who advertised and it had been diverted to the guy in the picture, should have seen his face when he got to office.

Apparently the wording has been much worse if not for the Wijeya Newspaper folks who had called and said that this is against moral ethics and they have tuned down but gone ahead with the ad.

It is not recommended to do things like this guys.

Actually it was supposed to be a prank, done by the guy who has been advertising his MMC Montero and LR Disco for quite awhile. He did it with my boss who had done the wording. The telephone number given was of the guy who advertised and it had been diverted to the guy in the picture, should have seen his face when he got to office.

Apparently the wording has been much worse if not for the Wijeya Newspaper folks who had called and said that this is against moral ethics and they have tuned down but gone ahead with the ad.

It is not recommended to do things like this guys.

this REALLY brought the LOLs on a sunday morning (along with a substantial portion of WTFs).... I actually couldnt believe my eyes when i saw the paper, had to read it thrice to check if i was hallucinating!

Other than Maruti and Alto all other vehicles use convex mirrors as rear view mirrors.

Even my Maruti Wagon-R (Older Model) used to come with flat mirrors.

Though they were bigger in size (compared to that of Alto), they made a huge blind spot, which often made me glance over my shoulder.

Later I swapped them with convex mirrors.

Edited by samishka

I once drove a maruti alto and i wet myself everytime i looked into the rear view mirrors cos all the cars appeared to be right behind my ear

ya bro.Its very difficult to gauge the Distance and, Its really Hard to C things at Night.

Hate those Mirrors.Ysterday i Had to park my Mums Maruti in a tight spot.I found it very difficult to park it cause the things Appear to be so Close and At Night those mirrors are Useless.I was Thinkin Y da hell cant Maruti put Convex mirrors instead of those damn Plain 1s.Thought of getting them replaced with Convex 1s

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

Even my Maruti Wagon-R (Older Model) used to come with flat mirrors.

Though they were bigger in size (compared to that of Alto), they made a huge blind spot, which often made me glance over my shoulder.

Later I swapped them with convex mirrors.

from where did u get the convex mirrors bro.Can I know its price

from where did u get the convex mirrors bro.Can I know its price

A small kiosk in Darley Road (almost opposite Nestle Head Office and Excel World).

They are called N.R. side mirror but there is no board.

The person there removes the side mirror along with the housing and extracts the old flat mirror. Then he places a new mirror cut (with a "diamond Knife") to the exact measurement and places it in the same housing. Thereafter he puts some 'cataloy paste like' thing on the edges to hold the mirror in its housing.

The place is run by two brothers. The younger (fair-coloured) person has more expertise than the older (dark-coloured) one.

I replaced my mirrors in two different occasions. The left side mirror cost Rs. 650/= in January 2007 and the right side one cost Rs. 850/= in May 2008. Their mirrors are good, but the dried-up paste on the edges warps and cracks with time (due to heat).

A small kiosk in Darley Road (almost opposite Nestle Head Office and Excel World).

They are called N.R. side mirror but there is no board.

The person there removes the side mirror along with the housing and extracts the old flat mirror. Then he places a new mirror cut (with a "diamond Knife") to the exact measurement and places it in the same housing. Thereafter he puts some 'cataloy paste like' thing on the edges to hold the mirror in its housing.

The place is run by two brothers. The younger (fair-coloured) person has more expertise than the older (dark-coloured) one.

I replaced my mirrors in two different occasions. The left side mirror cost Rs. 650/= in January 2007 and the right side one cost Rs. 850/= in May 2008. Their mirrors are good, but the dried-up paste on the edges warps and cracks with time (due to heat).

I dont think that the same can be done to the Maruti 800.Will have to throw those damn mirrors away and Buy a new pair.

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

Did u buy them from A*W?

Must be from A*W.

These days they retro fit these internally adjustable convex mirrors on the stock 800cc Alto along with fog lights, rear spoiler and alloy wheels and calls it "Alto Sport".

However, as far as I know these mirrors are compatible only with Maruti Alto and Maruti (Old) Zen.