• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Funniest Moments

Duncan

The first Maruti 800 Black Edition spotted on the Baseline Welikada (I think, I've honestly forgotten where I saw this, suffice to say it was today :D ), now with a Turbo Charged 800 CC engine pushing out a whopping 95bhp and 103ft-lb, enough to propel it from a stand still to 100km/h in under 7 seconds and still return a miserly 15km/litre in fuel efficiency. This is surely the penultimate... nay, ultimate Maruti 800 ever produced. No doubt A*W is keeping this a secret to prevent the masses from thronging around the store and throwing themselves through plate glass windows in an effort to get their greasy mitts on what must surely the most purest, the most practical, the most efficient, marriage of power and economy ever conceived in Sri Lanka.

3922531203_d8715d87c4_o.jpg

:rolleyes:

P.S. My mirror is shiny, no? ^_^

Edited by terrabytetango

The first Maruti 800 Black Edition spotted on the Baseline Welikada (I think, I've honestly forgotten where I saw this, suffice to say it was today :D ), now with a Turbo Charged 800 CC engine pushing out a whopping 95bhp and 103ft-lb, enough to propel it from a stand still to 100km/h in under 7 seconds and still return a miserly 15km/litre in fuel efficiency. This is surely the penultimate... nay, ultimate Maruti 800 ever produced. No doubt A*W is keeping this a secret to prevent the masses from thronging around the store and throwing themselves through plate glass windows in an effort to get their greasy mitts on what must surely the most purest, the most practical, the most efficient, marriage of power and economy ever conceived in Sri Lanka.

3922531203_d8715d87c4_o.jpg

:rolleyes:

P.S. My mirror is shiny, no? ^_^

Theres No space in the damn Engine bay to fix a Turbo.And it will topple if cornered hard.That small Piece of Sh*it cnt handle more than 50Bhp.How much time will it take to reach 0-60? 20 secs :D

So where can I buy a mirror pair?

I have no idea, other than suggesting you to do like what I did. (However I doubt whether a convex mirror would fit into the shallow housing of M800 side mirror.)

Better still, you can start a brand-new topic/post/thread under "Expert Advice" seeking help.

There may be fellow AL members who own Maruti 800s and probably they might come up with other alternatives. :)

Theres No space in the damn Engine bay to fix a Turbo.And it will topple if cornered hard.That small Piece of Sh*it cnt handle more than 50Bhp.How much time will it take to reach 0-60? 20 secs :D

Actually, the first Alto Works was based on the 2 door model of this (CA71 I believe), back in the mid 80s, it came with a 550CC 64bhp turbo. There was a review done on it some years back, and they loved it.

Turbocharged 800 :D

it must be flying.Can take a ride to hell in it

http://img197.imageshack.us/i/48433555.jpg/

you know, since the box of cr*p.. i mean the maruti, is such a light car, imagine taking out its entire engine/drivetrain and fitting in a turbo'd toyota 1.8 engine/manual transmission from a carina or something (given that it fits or can be made to fit) I think that'll be one quick bugger. (Again not on handling nor top speed) but for quick acceleration bursts, should be quite deadly dont you think? :rolleyes: GP dragsters should consider it. lol. cops wouldn't dare catch you for "dragging" in a maruti :lol: unless of course its being "dragged" to the garage. :D

you know, since the box of cr*p.. i mean the maruti, is such a light car, imagine taking out its entire engine/drivetrain and fitting in a turbo'd toyota 1.8 engine/manual transmission from a carina or something (given that it fits or can be made to fit) I think that'll be one quick bugger. (Again not on handling nor top speed) but for quick acceleration bursts, should be quite deadly dont you think? :rolleyes: GP dragsters should consider it. lol. cops wouldn't dare catch you for "dragging" in a maruti :lol: unless of course its being "dragged" to the garage. :D

buT dUDE it will take off from the Ground and Will fly :D

SO you could call it a flying car.But the driver will end up Either in Hell or Cell.Most probably will End up in Hell cause Its Crappy brakes takes a lot of time to stop the Damn thing

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

Simply to make it go faster

A free flow,retuned ECU,cone Air intake will do.And the brake discs must be replaced with Altos front discs and the Tires must be changed to 165/60/12.

some may think that its a waste of money(May be/Of course Yes)

Anyway AutoCar india claims that it does 0-60 in 6.8 secs (Pretty fast nah)

Then with these Mods On it will do in about 5 secs

http://www.autoindiaforum.com/maruti-800-specifications

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

And now I would like to take a moment to reflect upon how unfair life really is.

The driver was a woman in her 20's, dressed all power-executive, when I pulled up to her she was yakking on her mobile.

3925679383_1ed6697560.jpg

This doesn't need any introduction, it was parked in front of a restaurant I dine at regularly. Suffice to say it's of the SWB variety.

3925686581_50e7734557.jpg

When the light turned green, it screamed.

3926477324_fc17ba75b7.jpg

I have a ton more, but I'm too depressed now :suicide2:

P.S. This particular post contains no satire, the photos attached were taken by me, in my own car with my own crappy camera phone (which for some reason works better in the US than here, go figure). However, I was riding shotgun in the first photo, as my mate was learning drive "amerikawe istyle".

Edited by terrabytetango

Simply to make it go faster

A free flow,retuned ECU,cone Air intake will do.And the brake discs must be replaced with Altos front discs and the Tires must be changed to 165/60/12.

some may think that its a waste of money(May be/Of course Yes)

Anyway AutoCar india claims that it does 0-60 in 6.8 secs (Pretty fast nah)

Then with these Mods On it will do in about 5 secs

http://www.autoindiaforum.com/maruti-800-specifications

That's 0-60kmph, not mph :P

I thought it was to make fun of people who make silly modifications to their perfectly good automobiles.

I mean you are actually doing that, and what really stand out are your funny comments/captions, like that Isuzu Bighorn Prototype, AMWs secret Maruti Black Edition. :lol: (Some might mistake them for serious comments)

That is why I told that you have a good sense of humour. :)

Keep up the good work!

Ever hear of the Clio V6? Homework assignment :)