• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which honda civic model is better for srilanka?

DenuraG

Well...have you driven either one ?

The FD1 is a 1.8L car with about 140hp and most of those in SL I beleive are cars imported from the Japanese market (i.e. JDM variants...models specified forthe Japanese market). The FD4 on the other hand has a 1.6L engine that has about 120hp nd were export model imports purchased brand new from the agent in Sri Lanka. I am not sure if the agent sold any export model 1.8L variants in SL. 

The 1.8L will be slightly less fuel efficient than the 1.6L(but I dontreckon it owuld be by that much). However, the 1.8L is much more peppier than the 1.6. You will notice it especially when you drive the car under a heavy load (i.e., long distance/highway driving, driving up mountains, driving with a car full of passengers and their luggage) Also, if it is a JDM variant the interior and the accessories are slightly dfferent. Whether it is better or not will depend on the person and the specification of the 1.6L vriant you are comparing it against.

Since almost all of the FD4s in SL are agent imported brand new vehicles...there are a few that have been taken care of really well and have a good service history with the agent. So that is a positive for you. But then on the oher hand since Sri Lankans think large engines are evil and should belong in hell for satan, many of the 1.8L variants have been in the hands of people who like cars and have taken care of them properly.

You are more likely to find a FD4 than a FD1 in SL (I think). Also, being an export model with lesser fancy bells and whistles (like funky buttoned steering wheels and stereo systems), the local agent will be able to service you and provide any of those wierd parts a lot easily than in a JDM market FD1. The FD series Civic did not sell well at all in Japan. 

2 hours ago, iRage said:

The FD1 is a 1.8L car with about 140hp and most of those in SL I beleive are cars imported from the Japanese market (i.e. JDM variants...models specified forthe Japanese market). The FD4 on the other hand has a 1.6L engine that has about 120hp nd were export model imports purchased brand new from the agent in Sri Lanka. I am not sure if the agent sold any export model 1.8L variants in SL.

Well actually, Stafford brought down the 1.8 L (FD1) initially (pre face-lift) and many FD1 cars in Sri Lanka are agent imported. You hardly find JDM FD1 cars. The agent imported highest grade is the FD1 S with the sun-roof, pedal shifters and cruise control etc. which @fiat fan used to own. And there are many agent maintained variants of this highest grade and lower grade FD1 cars in Sri Lanka.

On the other hand there are a few JDM models as well which have better fuel efficiency than the agent imported FD1 cars due to having (EPS and other additions done to the JDM market) and these these tend to be a bit more reliable as well. And the JDM FD1 cars are more fuel efficient than the FD4 as well. In real world fuel consumption there's hardly a difference between the FD1 and FD4. If the driver is heavy footed the FD1 would be better in terms of economy.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2022 at 9:37 PM, DenuraG said:

hello everyone,
this is actually my first time on a website like this.
i am looking to buy a Honda civic 2010 model FD1, but i cant make up my mind on what is better FD1 OR FD4, i would really appreciate it if i could get some help on this

You are going to have a hard time trying to find a 2010 FD1 since many FD1 cars here are belonging to early model years since Stafford imported many FD4 cars since around 2009.

FD1 is the better car in all aspects in my opinion.

My Advise, if you want to enjoy driving go for a Fd1. Because i drove couple of Fd4's before I changed my mind on purchasing one. Fd4 is quite slow in terms of pulling power where as FD1 is exact opposite. 

• Like 1

If I were you I'd probably look for an FD1 but keep an eye open for a mint FD4 too. I mean if you get a good deal on an FD4 that's in pristine condition just go for it. Yes that extra 20 odd hp on the FD1 makes a difference but you really won't feel it when you're trudging in traffic or waiting in a fuel queue :D  it'll only come to effect if you're doing a long distance run - something that's becoming a bit difficult to do on 20 Liters a week. Factor in those too. he FD Series Civics are really good solid cars you won't go wrong with either. Even the Hybrid FD3 has aged gracefully - better than most hybrids I'd say. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1