• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Miata 1995

noddy

On 10/23/2022 at 1:07 PM, noddy said:

I came across this car a 19- have you seen this in kotte area. the car sale guy is asking 38.50 that is for too much.

if you know the car respond currently painted in red pain works is new. 

Thank you for the photograph, If so what would you assume the correct price is?

this car had the mazda DOHC similer to mazda astina only the body is different astina is fron wheel and miata is rear wheel. actually the mazda engine and the body is fiat abrath. in the us value is 5000 USD so this works out to 2mil in sri lankn rupees

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, noddy said:

this car had the mazda DOHC similer to mazda astina only the body is different astina is fron wheel and miata is rear wheel. actually the mazda engine and the body is fiat abrath. in the us value is 5000 USD so this works out to 2mil in sri lankn rupees

Can one expect to land a miata in sri lanka for less than maruti 800 / indian alto money? (assuming this is a legit miata, which I do not know of)

• 1 month later...

I actually went to see this car. The guy selling it now says he is a tow-truck driver and he had it for a couple of years. SUPER SHADY guy. He was reluctant to even send a couple of photos of the car before I come to visit and was super rude. I came all the way from Galle to see the car in Gampaha and he didn't even want to show me the book. After I said I won't even consider buying it if I can't have and see the book beforehand he explained that gave the book to a friend of his as collateral for a loan and that everything will be fine. Somehow after spending a couple of hours waiting for his 'friend' I finally got to see the book and everything was fine according to my knowledge (which is not that much since I'm new into cars). He was quoting 3.8 million! Something was super fishy about the guy who was selling it so I thought not to consider the vehicle anymore. Looks like a charm though. Email me if anyone is looking for more info about the car, Ive got a lot of videos and photos. Cheers

I went to see the with a mechanic from car mart he said it has a lot of work i visited 2 times waisted a lot of money 

Rajapaksa is a big Crooke it has a fresh paint but the tyers are cracked due to being in the same spot and shocks are done.

and the tappet cover is leaking etc.

call ashen of car mart he will you more

Edited by noddy
name

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2022 at 11:32 AM, noddy said:

Your information is kinda wrong there, noddy. The Astina and the Miata have nothing in common. Also the first generation Miata and the Fiat/Abarth 124 have nothing whatsoever in common. There was no 124 being manufactured during that time. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2023 at 7:57 AM, noddy said:

well it has the DOHC engine i took a carmart mechanic and he said its the same.

miata is rear wheel and others 323 is front wheel from what saw.

Either you misunderstood what the mechanic said or the mechanic said things he didn't know he was saying.

Yes...the Roadster and Familia shared some "engines". But the platforms are completely different. The Miata uses the N code platforms and the Familia B code ones. Both are for difference applications. They handle differently, they perform differently. Just because the engine is the same it does not make both cars the same. So no...the Miata is NOT a RWD version of the Astina/Familia. There might have been some parts that you can use for both cars but that is about it.

• Like 1