• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Good Is A Eg8 Vti?

VVTi

@Praveen: yes i know increased revs not always necessirily trnslate into extra hp (for instance the K20 engine on the Civic Si maxes 197hp at 7800 but the cut off is at 8000) but however i think that increased revs in a D15 does infact increase hp... if not how the hell do you think a tuned D15 can beat CGT or even that Primera for that matter. (i know their intakes are enhanced and exhaust too, but tunning has itz say too)

I aint argueing with u since its a waste of my time. But since ur such great pals, I would suggest u talk directly to Zakie. Tho FYI, cutoffs and redlines are indicators of safe operating speeds, not indicators of the high spots on the power band.

As for the Prim, Prims are heavy cars. In the US context, it is a "mid-sized" car, where as the the EG Civics fall under "sub-compact" and the post 2001 models fall under compact. According to Wiki, so is the Carina.

Learn one thing dude. What ever the type of race, there is a lot more variables involved that just peak engine power. Thats why ppl make such a big fuss over dyno graphs and the properties of the curve.

so elvis u think all these tuned-iChips boys do the chipping and tuning to gain 2hp or so right? dont speak to me about 130 starting point so u brought it up in the 1st place my contribution was EXTRA 10 horses with intake mod+tuning.

Also FYI, Elvis also drives around in a Civic with a TIC sticker on it, which I take it, means something :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learn one thing dude. What ever the type of race, there is a lot more variables involved that just peak engine power. Thats why ppl make such a big fuss over dyno graphs and the properties of the curve.

Also FYI, Elvis also drives around in a Civic with a TIC sticker on it, which I take it, means something :P

:angry: .... :) ...

Edited by MrCat

I aint argueing with u since its a waste of my time. But since ur such great pals, I would suggest u talk directly to Zakie. Tho FYI, cutoffs and redlines are indicators of safe operating speeds, not indicators of the high spots on the power band.

i did not say that it is not. all that i said was the D15 (i did not want to generalise my statement) does give more horses when u increase the revs above itz normal limit of 7200.

As for the Prim, Prims are heavy cars. In the US context, it is a "mid-sized" car, where as the the EG Civics fall under "sub-compact" and the post 2001 models fall under compact. According to Wiki, so is the Carina.

yah yah whatever blah blah, i still insist that one of the main reasons why a D15 can bring down a prim is coz of the increased hp due to tuning. a stock D15 wud get anhilated by a such Prim.

Also FYI, Elvis also drives around in a Civic with a TIC sticker on it, which I take it, means something :)

funny how u still think that all these D15's are able to go as fast as they are now simply coz the existing power it self is being better managed... I still believe that more revs(up to a certain extent) in a D15 definitely adds more HP.

i still insist that one of the main reasons why a D15 can bring down a prim is coz of the increased hp due to tuning

Sure. The key being ONE of the reasons. Not the ONLY reason. The increase in hp counts towards bettering its power-to-weight ratio.

And the increase in hp is not found by simply removing the cutoff. It is, as u said, due to tuning. There is more to the process and changing the rev limit.

funny how u still think that all these D15's are able to go as fast as they are now simply coz the existing power it self is being better managed... I still believe that more revs(up to a certain extent) in a D15 definitely adds more HP.

Never said anything of the sort. I simply said just removing a cutoff/rev limiter will have no impact towards power increase. Never said anything about it still having the same peak power with a better power band. They have better power coz there is a lot more done to them than just removing a cutoff. The only way I can think of that just removing the rev limit is gonna help a 1/4 time is if u rev high enough to reduce the number of shifts u have to do before the 1/4 is up.

Edited by Pericles

i did not say that it is not. all that i said was the D15 (i did not want to generalise my statement) does give more horses when u increase the revs above itz normal limit of 7200.

Thats BS. where on earth did you read that? Thats really a silly comment to make. Stock engines are made to produce a certain power and that is within the rev limit set by the vehicle maker. (makes sense)You think Honda had plans to encorage people to increase their revs and try and blow their motors on their family cars? No. So you think your 130 becomes 132 because you rev another 500rpm?? :rolleyes::o;) think think man before you shoot your mouth.

yah yah whatever blah blah, i still insist that one of the main reasons why a D15 can bring down a prim is coz of the increased hp due to tuning. a stock D15 wud get anhilated by a such Prim.

Approx1300kg be the primera with a 150hp engine

Approx 1070kg be the Ek3 with a 130 hp engine

Approx Power to weight: Primera 8.66 Ek3: 8.23.

I really dont see how the Civic can get- what was the word? 'anhilated' By the way the correct spelling is 'annihilated'

Once an ignorant always an ignorant.

so elvis u think all these tuned-iChips boys do the chipping and tuning to gain 2hp or so right? dont speak to me about 130 starting point so u brought it up in the 1st place my contribution was EXTRA 10 horses with intake mod+tuning.

No they want to alter the air/fuel ratio thats being pumped into their motors (which come made for economy) so that they can make use of more 'untapped' power which 'normally' cannot be used due to 'economical' factor.

@Praveen: yes i know increased revs not always necessirily trnslate into extra hp (for instance the K20 engine on the Civic Si maxes 197hp at 7800 but the cut off is at 8000) but however i think that increased revs in a D15 does infact increase hp... if not how the hell do you think a tuned D15 can beat CGT or even that Primera for that matter. (i know their intakes are enhanced and exhaust too, but tunning has itz say too)

An engine will peak at a certain point. Thats that. The rev limiter is there to stop jocks from making a mistake and blowing their engines as well as to prolong the engine life.

Hey Isuru.. you being the D15 expert did not even know the difference between a B15 and a D15 or even between a B16A & B lol Remember those threads? :rolleyes:

And the increase in hp is not found by simply removing the cutoff. It is, as u said, due to tuning. There is more to the process and changing the rev limit.

see u said it ur self that i said tuning can increase a 10hp. when i say tuning it means [taking off the rev limiter + mapping the fuel-to-air mixture] - isn't it obvious. All I am saying is with a proper air intake + a straight through exhaust you can gain extra 10hp by tuning D15 engine with stock internals. and I don't think any of you disagree with me there, i think we have just been running around in cricles around word game. Useless.

---

bdw r u sure that was a SR20De? i was thinking SR20VE.

see u said it ur self that i said tuning can increase a 10hp. when i say tuning it means [taking off the rev limiter + mapping the fuel-to-air mixture] - isn't it obvious. All I am saying is with a proper air intake + a straight through exhaust you can gain extra 10hp by tuning D15 engine with stock internals. and I don't think any of you disagree with me there, i think we have just been running around in cricles around word game. Useless.

---

No I didn't. I said it can increase hp. I didn't say 10hp. I have no idea how much the increase would be. I bow to Pila on that. After all, I'm talking in general, not specifically D15, which I have no interest in.

---

I give up.. this is a waste of time with you..

One last time. A) Increasing the rev limit does not increase a car's hp. It only increases the car's power band. On a d15 the power band can be very late. :rolleyes: A stock motor with 100k+ kms on it is not going to produce 130hp at the crank. Face it. Live with it.

It was a DE for sure. VE as far as I know in this country has come only in auto- with no factory manual's available.

I think u got this one wrong Kris. It should be the other way round Power/Weight. So the Prim will have 0.11 and the honda will have 0.12.

I guess you can look at like that as well. ;)

My point was that you cant just say that a Prim should thrash a shoc based on hp ratings. :P

If u mean SR20VE then I think ur right, its CVT, as far as I know. Not a generic VE feature tho ;)

i've been through the depths of the internet looking for a 2000 primera SR20VE manual conversion and it just has not been done :P i have to learn japanese...

and pila i think all the TP12's with the SR20VE are manual...

• 1 month later...

i've been through the depths of the internet looking for a 2000 primera SR20VE manual conversion and it just has not been done :D i have to learn japanese...

and pila i think all the TP12's with the SR20VE are manual...

hmmm your better off asking Yusuf if he's willing to sell :lol: but that car is riduclously quick n that kid takes late breaking to whole other level!!! :o

Fellas, I just got back after checking out a EG8 in Kotte opposite the Naga Viharaya. Sale wants 950, offers have come up to 885. Car is in about 65% condition as lots of loose panels and what not needs to be done. Doors are creaking and putting up resistance when trying to close. Also the engine is a VTEC-E and the sticker at the back say ETi. Whats the story there?

vtec-e is econo version mate n it got less bhp n u can clearly identyfi it from vtec by looking @ rpm meter it ends @ 8 n the throtle body is smaller than the org vtec hey mate the genune sticker should be eti not vti( LOT OF CAR SALE DUDES CHANGES THE TAPPET COVER OF V TEC -E TO VTEC COVER SO WATCH OUT FOR THAT) )..also it comes with driver air bag..this car is there for long time cnt tell u the resons behind it here from wht we heard hey can help u if u drop a mail ([email protected])or a call regarding eg8- v tecs /ex / or mx..cheers- :lol::D Gaya

vtec-e is econo version mate n it got less bhp n u can clearly identyfi it from vtec by looking @ rpm meter it ends @ 8 n the throtle body is smaller than the org vtec hey mate the genune sticker should be eti not vti( LOT OF CAR SALE DUDES CHANGES THE TAPPET COVER OF V TEC -E TO VTEC COVER SO WATCH OUT FOR THAT) )..also it comes with driver air bag..this car is there for long time cnt tell u the resons behind it here from wht we heard hey can help u if u drop a mail ([email protected])or a call regarding eg8- v tecs /ex / or mx..cheers- :(:huh: Gaya

hi guys,

What is the stock ECU that comes in a EG8 - P28 or the P30??

thanks

Terabite