• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A fun cool looking car for under 6M

The Copen can be cool and Fun but if you really want some serious power go for the Legacy - easily fits your budget and you can use the remainder to fix it up and attend any repairs. Some legacy's may have engine swaps that are not updated in the CR. 

Edited by matroska
typo

23 hours ago, Sihath Dasanayake said:

if yall think there is anything wrong with them please let me know

There is nothing wrong with either car if it has been taken care of. The Subaru may need a bit more tender loving care than your average Toyota but buying a Subaru is buying an experience...not just a car...

Other than that...which one is more suited depends on what you want to do with the car. One has 4 doors and is more practical and the other has 2 doors and 2 seats and practicality is an after thought (although it still can accommodate a weekend getaway and is more practical than something like a S660). Then it is a matter of fuel efficiency....although the Copen has a 660cc engine it still is very very nippy.

23 hours ago, iRage said:

There is nothing wrong with either car if it has been taken care of. The Subaru may need a bit more tender loving care than your average Toyota but buying a Subaru is buying an experience...not just a car...

Other than that...which one is more suited depends on what you want to do with the car. One has 4 doors and is more practical and the other has 2 doors and 2 seats and practicality is an after thought (although it still can accommodate a weekend getaway and is more practical than something like a S660). Then it is a matter of fuel efficiency....although the Copen has a 660cc engine it still is very very nippy.

so if you had 6m what would you buy it doesnt have to be the legacy or the copen

14 hours ago, Sihath Dasanayake said:

so if you had 6m what would you buy it doesnt have to be the legacy or the copen

If you read iRage's reply it should be obvious. It all depends on your requirement. You would look at a Legacy if you have a family, but if what you want is just a weekend blast then the Copen.

16 hours ago, Sihath Dasanayake said:

If you're unsure - then the copen will be a better option it's newer and probably easier to live with than the Legacy.

On 4/20/2023 at 11:21 PM, Sihath Dasanayake said:

As @Gummybr mentioned it will depend on the requirement. My requirements will be different to yours. Being a tubby family man...I would buy the Legacy for its practicality. I have driven Copens, they are nice cars (I find it more connected to it than a S660). But the car simply would not work for me as a family man.

• 4 months later...

Pretty late to the party and I assume by this time @Sihath Dasanayake has already got the car of his choice.

Never had a Copen but did have a Legacy. Tappet cover oil leak (which is common and easily fixed), Turbos and shocks were the main issues I had during ownership. It should be mentioned there was enough parts available through locally back then and the occasional hard to find something was sourced easily through "Yahoo Jap Auction"

Only regret was letting it go and if I had  a way, I would have shipped that car back here with me. Sleeper when you want it to with a nice punch when the secondary turbo kicks in 😉