• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicale Tax To Go Up Again Shortly

Velocity

Its seems president has given a Directive to Curb Used Vehicales being Imported and Also to increase duty.

Oh sure, he and his cronies can get down all the armoured limos they want on our taxes, but they need to curb used vehicles coming down.....

Bad idea since tuk tuks are being banned next year. How about a titus tri car :D

:lol: thats an idea, or maybe even a micro..... but actually machan it's only the 2-Stroke tukkies that are being banned..... 4 stroke tuk tuks have till 2011, so safe bet with one of those :P:lol:

Not sure bro. It was on news.

I went vehicle shopping last week and was so depressed at the prices. The car sales guys did confirm prices were going up next month. A mazda3 now starts around 3.5 million and the ones I saw didn't even have alloys, so if you want a basic jap sedan besides a corolla or sunny, that appears to be the only choice.

But 3.5 million? *sigh*

Depressing really, for every car/jeep u buy here, u can buy 3 of the same in japan!!! Imagine having 3 Sti's in ur garage, color coded! :lol: or 3 Aston Martin's! :lol:

Is this a new tax after the vehicle inspection fee and the cess that was pre-planned?

The VAT input limitations are also a big issue for corporate and fleet operators.

My friends, the bullock cart is not the best option as well, for the type of bulls you would need to drag a cart thesedays are pretty hard to find (since most of the bulls and cows thesedays seem to be walking on 2 legs in rather comfortable offices and even sometimes going to the extent of making decisions that affect all of us, come to think of it thats an insult to our 4 legged friends)

I suggest push cycle, pedal power is always the best, and fuel tax resistant too

The Don

In other news.....

Race leaders

23 January 2007 19:00:08

A*W wins 31 percent of new car market in Sri Lanka, with Maruti cornering 28 percent

January 23, (LBO) – A*W (A*W) has cornered 31 percent of Sri Lanka's brand new car market the budget agency Maruti winning 28 percent, Fitch Ratings Lanka said, awarding the firm a A (lka) rating with a stable outlook.

"The rating reflects A*W's position as the country's leading distributor of new passenger automobiles, its dealership franchises for several well-established automobile manufacturers such as Nissan, Maruti and Suzuki and its comprehensive product range," Fitch Ratings said.

"Its financial profile is sound and is supported by the efficient management of its working capital."

Since 2002, the company has reported higher revenues and profits with its small budget vehicles racing ahead in a market where higher government levies kept larger cars behind.

Complete story here

Guys, who can paste in a current market price list of all recon cars?

The Market is too crazy to to a list. i.e. a commodity car like an AE110 can go for as low as 1.4 and as high as 1.7mil. Prices have gone up 50 to 100k over the last month.

Cars like Cefiros, Mitsubishi models tend to not go up in value as such. You can buy a nearly new Lancer Cedia GDI for 1.5m. Pajero IO for under 2 mil. and a Cefiro with English numbers for 1.5-1.6 range.

A trend is cars in the lower end seem to be selling for very high prices due to the high demand (Specially under 1 mil)

Market for Honda's about 3-4 year back was lousy. All of a sudden...the boy racers start modifying them and drag racing and the prices shoot up through the roof. What was 500k is now 1.1mil. Same with the Classic cars.

I think Autovision/ motorshows/drags and sites and mags like Autolanka made car/classic car nuts out of a lot of people giving new life to exotics. The Fairlady which went at a mil or less is now ....2.9 mil (at least thats the asking). Some one says they have an offer of 4.9 million for their 65- Pajero which is over 12 years old.

Any thoughts guys??

The Market is too crazy to to a list. i.e. a commodity car like an AE110 can go for as low as 1.4 and as high as 1.7mil. Prices have gone up 50 to 100k over the last month.

Cars like Cefiros, Mitsubishi models tend to not go up in value as such. You can buy a nearly new Lancer Cedia GDI for 1.5m. Pajero IO for under 2 mil. and a Cefiro with English numbers for 1.5-1.6 range.

A trend is cars in the lower end seem to be selling for very high prices due to the high demand (Specially under 1 mil)

Market for Honda's about 3-4 year back was lousy. All of a sudden...the boy racers start modifying them and drag racing and the prices shoot up through the roof. What was 500k is now 1.1mil. Same with the Classic cars.

I think Autovision/ motorshows/drags and sites and mags like Autolanka made car/classic car nuts out of a lot of people giving new life to exotics. The Fairlady which went at a mil or less is now ....2.9 mil (at least thats the asking). Some one says they have an offer of 4.9 million for their 65- Pajero which is over 12 years old.

Any thoughts guys??

Hey,You are damn right. This is a human beahviour. The external factors contribute to our wants and needs i guess. With the prices going up and motor car awrness been widen there are so many who are going in for cars which got a older manufactred year and modifying them. For an instance the EG8 was around 6-7 years back and now can you find a decent one below 1mil? Look at the nick named trad sunny? It was just 4laks max and now you cannot find a decent one below 7

My friends, the bullock cart is not the best option as well, for the type of bulls you would need to drag a cart thesedays are pretty hard to find (since most of the bulls and cows thesedays seem to be walking on 2 legs in rather comfortable offices and even sometimes going to the extent of making decisions that affect all of us, come to think of it thats an insult to our 4 legged friends)

I suggest push cycle, pedal power is always the best, and fuel tax resistant too

The Don

Itake my suggestion back....... :) How right U are DON, How on earth could I not see that... LOL

Yup... Babi Achchi's bicycle it is then

milindu is right.... it's hard to fix ar put down a ballpark figure for a car... they seem to quote absurd prices at time... I agree with the Honda prices.... I sold my Interpaly in 2004 for abt 500,000 now the same series cars in worst conditions sell for abt 7lks. Same with the Defenders & land rovers…I was looking at going for a Pick up but a decent one comes up to 2.8 Mil …..

I think they are trying to make people buy Indian makes –under what economic advantages I really don’t know…. But the fact is not every one likes these maruti’s… personally I have difficulty in fitting in to 1 of them same with the Szuki swift – just not enough leg room forget putting some 1 behind my seat unless he/she is in a baby seat….

Like some 1 said – Crazy Lanka….

Edited by mazdaspeed

I was looking at going for a Pick up but a decent one comes up to 2.8 Mil …..

Too bad, my dad just sold his Isuzu couple of weeks back for 1.5 :)

But the fact is not every one likes these maruti’s… personally I have difficulty in fitting in to 1 of them same with the Szuki swift – just not enough leg room forget putting some 1 behind my seat unless he/she is in a baby seat….

I second that sentiment. Bloody claustrophobic cars...

adé milindu its not just me machang...the market is really up a lot...

most performance cars started going up sonce the whole Fast & the Furious thing né..but cuz of the import restrictions in getting proper Coupés into the country based on the laws of economics the older available performance cars have shot up

in fact theres a 15 year old RX7 going for 2.6mil!!

the Land Rover price over inflation is due to the whole macho appearanc it generated combined with the 4x4 crowd n them talkin up the jeeps...

but the biggest issue with with Diesel vehicle tax@ 359% :) u cant really blame em either..

a brand new Defender costs in the leagues of 14 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o & for that u get NO creature comforts or amenities! :D

even doule cabs - basically any comercial vehicle even which has less then 10 seats falls into this 359% diesel tax bracket - as a result Toyota HiLux LN 65 double cabs which r nearly 20yrs old are selling from anywhere between 1.2-1.9 million!! & forget abt buying em new - the new L200 (sportero :) ) retails@ 7 million!! :o