• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best old cars

mznanna pubg

Question

Im the new one for this site.. i want to ask some cars best options youre recommend...

Nissan bluebird u13 arx 1990-1995

Nissan presea r10 1992

Nissan exsloon 93

Mainly 

*.comfortable 

*.stable

*.spare parts

*.fuel economy 

2. Japan recondition vehicles are bad ?

6 answers to this question

Go for a Hilux NL106.

Reliable 👍

Availability of parts 👍

Can drive anywhere, in any road condition 👍 

Good fuel economy 👍

How ever its a bit of a hassle for the elderly to get in as the vehicle is high. The LN106 has leaf springs. A better suspension system is got on the LN107 and the torsion suspension is got on the LN166, a superior suspension system.

Edited by Splat
Re phrase

On 7/17/2023 at 2:47 AM, mznanna pubg said:

Nissan bluebird u13 arx 1990-1995

Nissan presea r10 1992

Nissan exsloon 93

Mainly 

*.comfortable 

*.stable

*.spare parts

*.fuel economy 

Dare I say it... ?! Nissans are probably the most comfortable sedans you can get compared to the other Japanese manufacturers. They do a good job with everything from seat design to sound proofing to soft (good or bad) suspension.

I do not know what you mean by stable. If you drive them sensibly they are not going to spin out of control. But keep in mind these are 30+ year old cars. The safety features on them are not very good compared to modern standards.

How reliable they will be depends on how they were maintained in the past. Remember...30 years old. If they were well taken care of where proper servicing was done on time...preemptive maintenance done on time. Good parts were used and maka baases did not get there hands on them...then any car will keep running without much issue.

As for spare parts..you will have much better luck with the Sunny, followed on by (depending on the engine) the Presea and the ARX. Keep in mind, that finding body arts for the Presea and ARX will be tough.

Fuel economy....it depends on the condition of the car. Even if the car did 11-12kmpl when new...after 30 years the engine, transmisssion etc wears out. Depending on how much the car has worn out, fuel economy will change. Usually...a properly maintained car, gently driven will get about 9-10kmpl (tank average). 

I'd strongly suggest you to do a search in the forum for a lot of insights n the bluebird U13 and the Presea - we had a resident presea bluebird aficionado @PreseaLover before he went rogue and became a P!nk groupie.  There was a lot of discussion on both models. 

Anyways here's my two cents 

- Bluebird U13 : Probably the most comfortable of the three and will have the most bells and whistles. The problem you might face is the declining availability of spare parts and finding a good specimen - the rarer the car rarer good specimens available. 

-Presea R10 : I'd rather avoid this - engine would be the same as the B13 sunny but external body parts and interior bits are quite difficult to source (this was confirmed by PreseaLover when he was looking for one) the R11 is probably a better bet but then again the price would be much higher.

-"Nissan exsloon 93"  I believe you are referring to the B13 Sunny. This is quite a common and popular car. Despite it's age this was a globally very popular model so recon parts etc are widely available and relatively cheap. Of course of the three cars you mentioned this is the more basic car. Comfort would be relatively less than the bluebird and relatively more economical to run. I assume you are after the petrol version - the diesel version is supposedly more economical but is not that popular. 

Also bear in mind that the bluebird is likely an EFI powered car while the R10 and the B13 are usually carbureted .Overall if you're worried about sourcing parts and fuel economy the best bet would be the B13 Sunny. 

On 7/16/2023 at 11:17 PM, mznanna pubg said:

Japan recondition vehicles are bad ?

Not at all -Japanese vehicles over the last half a century  are some of the most reliable and durable (specially mechanically) BUT  it all  depends on the specimen you buy. All the cars you mentioned are 30 years old - they've been through many hands and not everyone maintains cars in the same way - there are very well maintained old cars and there are cars that have been hacked to death - dressed up, sale painted and sold off. Mechanical aspects can be relatively easy to sort (relatively i say as sometimes there can be rather bothersome situations where one problem leads to another) biggest issues would be corrosion, damaged interior and other annoyances like water leakages due to poorly fitted windscreens, beadings etc. Try to get a car from an honest seller( ideally someone who has owned the car for the last few years - as opposed to the buying and selling type who incidentally seem to own the majority of cars up for sale ) 

On 7/18/2023 at 8:20 AM, matroska said:

Sadly I assume budget would be a constraint - OP's choices are in the 1.5 M range - a Hilux would cost waaaaay more than that. 

I understand. But don't give up, you can make your dreams come true. Positive vibes 👍

Edited by Splat