• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Vezel 2018 RS AWD Option

Manuja Dharmarathna

Question

5 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Manuja Dharmarathna said:

I have a Honda Vezel 2018 RS vehicle. Recently, I noticed that there's an indicator called AWD in my dashboard. As far as I know, this Japanese model didn't come up with AWD. I tried to turn AWD On but couldn't find any switch or option to do so. Please help me with this matter.

Thank you.

Yes..the RS trim level did not come in an AWD variant. The other trim levels did come with AWD.

Typically, a lot of components between the AWD and FF variants are shared (reduction of production costs). So the meter panel in an AWD very well could be the same as that in a FF variant. It is just that the irrelevant lights, etc..will be disconnected.

The Vezel is a full-time/real-time AWD vehicle. There is no switch to turn on/off the AWD system. The car's ECU decides when the rear wheels should get power. Typically in these types of cars the AWD light on the meter panel is there to light up when there is something wrong with the AWD system. Also, during start up it lights up when the AWD system is getting initialized <some manufacturers provide center and rear diff locks - electronic ones...in those cars the light may turn up when you engage the diff locks>

Now...the unlikely scenario is that someone took an AWD variant and badged and equipped the car to look like a RS. That is too farfetched isn't it <considering the costs and all)?

19 hours ago, iRage said:

Now...the unlikely scenario is that someone took an AWD variant and badged and equipped the car to look like a RS. That is too farfetched isn't it <considering the costs and all)?

This is actually done for early model Vezels here (2014 Z grades). The bumpers and wheel arches are repainted in gloss black,  addingthe new fog lights installed etc. So anything is possible in Sri Lanka..

6 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

This is actually done for early model Vezels here (2014 Z grades). The bumpers and wheel arches are repainted in gloss black,  addingthe new fog lights installed etc. So anything is possible in Sri Lanka..

Oh dear...well..the easy check for the OP @Manuja Dharmarathna...look under the car to see if there is a rear diff with axels.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iRage said:

look under the car to see if there is a rear diff with axels.

Yes, that's the best way.. if it's a Hybrid RS Vezel, AWD wasn't offered by Honda.. Maybe the previous owner has simply pasted a RS badge on it if its having AWD after all.

image.thumb.png.eb99f76eceea72806cc98c9ff8b2a102.png

19 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

Yes, that's the best way.. if it's a Hybrid RS Vezel, AWD wasn't offered by Honda.. Maybe the previous owner has simply pasted a RS badge on it if its having AWD after all.

Still think that this is because the FF and AWD share the same meter cluster. The AWD he is seeing very well could be the black outline (but not a lit up indicator).

• Like 1