• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vw Beetle

Supra_Natural

Love Beetles, had a couple in my younger days, but now I would love a Karman Ghia. I probably wouldn't kill for one, maybe maim... ;)

Anyway, saw this one in Colombo, in what looks like a lock up: (Excuse the crappy pic from my phone).

DSC00121.jpg

the place next ot Jayagiri opp. Vajira Rd in Bamba!

everytime i've tried to go in there to ask the place has been locked up :(

any one know how much they want for it? :huh:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the place next ot Jayagiri opp. Vajira Rd in Bamba!

everytime i've tried to go in there to ask the place has been locked up :(

any one know how much they want for it? :huh:

Yeah, pretty sure that's where I found.

And no one, no sign, nothing to follow up with.

Haven't worked out the year of of the car, but think it will be a really interesting project for someone to work on.

Yeah, pretty sure that's where I found.

And no one, no sign, nothing to follow up with.

Haven't worked out the year of of the car, but think it will be a really interesting project for someone to work on.

key word with all KarmannGhia's that have ocmeu p recently has been "overpriced" :(

never anything realistic sadly

there is how ever a baby blue colour original looking car in modest condition thats seen running about in colombo 7...

key word with all KarmannGhia's that have ocmeu p recently has been "overpriced" :(

never anything realistic sadly

there is how ever a baby blue colour original looking car in modest condition thats seen running about in colombo 7...

Yeah prices seems on the high side, the couple that we're up on here were exceptional quality though (from the pics). Any idea what people are asking for bog standard ones? Even if I had a rat look one, I wouldn't care!

nither of those chaps...if its a realistic buy for moi n its a classic of sorts n a VW @ that -its a no brainer

VW KARMANN-GHIA

....it may not be anything close to fast...but liik@one side on and é lines make it look like its flying on a cloud....that is a BEAUTIFUL machine....

i agree with you 100% on that...i used a borrowed karmann for about two weeks...everywhere i went that car attracted attention from everybody(only the tf got more atention than this,and thats saying something)...and not envious atention but they admired the car with pure heartfelt admiration and love...

i have always loved the engine noise the beetle makes...but have never wanted to own one because i think it's kinda girly...but the karmann is a perfect compromise of the two...great car

Edited by HelRazor

i agree with you 100% on that...i used a borrowed karmann for about two weeks...everywhere i went that car attracted attention from everybody(only the tf got more atention than this,and thats saying something)...and not envious atention but they admired the car with pure heartfelt admiration and love...

i have always loved the engine noise the beetle makes...but have never wanted to own one because i think it's kinda girly...but the karmann is a perfect compromise of the two...great car

hair dressers car they did call it , but it has buckets of style (&rust in many cases :( )

certainly wouldn't mind one though :)

....now i was wondering where i might be able to make friends with the kind of bloke who lends KarmannGhia's just like that?!? :lol:

hair dressers car they did call it , but it has buckets of style (&rust in many cases :( )

certainly wouldn't mind one though :)

i meant the beatles were girly machang not the karmann...but still it isn't what you call butch ne :lol: ...

....now i was wondering where i might be able to make friends with the kind of bloke who lends KarmannGhia's just like that?!? :lol:

it's kind of a friendly exchange of property machang...y'know i scartch your back while you scratch mine kinda deal between some trusty friends....bin able to drive some nice rides through it :)

i meant the beatles were girly machang not the karmann...but still it isn't what you call butch ne :lol: ...

it's kind of a friendly exchange of property machang...y'know i scartch your back while you scratch mine kinda deal between some trusty friends....bin able to drive some nice rides through it :)

butch no , but RWD at least, but i doubt it ever really had very many sporting aspirations :lol:

hmmm that car swapping scheme is something rather interesting - key word being TRUST , it'd be interesting if someone were expand on that..