• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1998 Honda Integra Gsr (automatic))

shane6399

Ebays tin-can coils: $20-65

Skunk2: $286

Ground control (eibach):$245

Tein (with damper): $1000

Skunk2 (with adjustable damper): $800

Above are fully adjustable. There are lowering springs which drop the car anywhere in between 1.3"-2.7". Again eBay tins are around $60 while other brands are more. Blox/skunk2: 188, eibach 250 tein s-tech 250.

The spring rate on branded springs are a lot better and closer to stock. Eibach and GC have a lifetime non-sag warranty.

Am going for GC. Need a slight drop for the front. Around .5-1".

And Douglas and sons stock tokico blue shocks, which GC recommends

How much did they quote you for Tokico blue shocks?

Got this off another forum member who went to Douglass. They have HP3456 model blue struts which fit eg and db/dc models for 6500 each. Made in Taiwan

Hmm that's really a good price, that is if they haven't got the part numbers wrong lol

so a little bit of DIY to start the day. my cheapo stering wheel cover was coming off at the seams. apparently lal hadn't cone a very good job. i guess its to be expected at 1250 a pop, as opposed to nawalas' 27,000. so here's the problem:

photo1vr.jpg

was slipping around making it a real pain to drive. so here's what i used:

1. 3.0 braided black silk sutures on a 1/2" cutting eyeless needle. (now now, i replaced what i nicked from the clinic!)

2. needle holder

3. scissors

4. hot nurse in skimpy uniform to assist (in my head)

photohx.jpg

so there you go. one hour of painstaking uninterrupted single layer mattress suturing later...

photo2cpst.jpg

tada. hee hee hee! applied my knowledge somewhere. next thing you know i'll be boosting this with nitrous from the anaesthesia machines... ;)

worked, tho. cover is firmly in place now. and these sutures are meant to last...

so a little bit of DIY to start the day. my cheapo stering wheel cover was coming off at the seams. apparently lal hadn't cone a very good job. i guess its to be expected at 1250 a pop, as opposed to nawalas' 27,000. so here's the problem:

photo1vr.jpg

1. 3.0 braided black silk sutures on a 1/2" cutting eyeless needle. (now now, i replaced what i nicked from the clinic!)

2. needle holder

3. scissors

photohx.jpg

so there you go. one hour of painstaking uninterrupted single layer mattress suturing later...

photo2cpst.jpg

tada. hee hee hee! applied my knowledge somewhere. next thing you know i'll be boosting this with nitrous from the anaesthesia machines... ;)

worked, tho. cover is firmly in place now. and these sutures are meant to last...

Now thats my kinda DIY.. :)

2. needle holder

3. scissors

That looks neat... I know how strong those sutures are, had a few of those on me once. :wacko:

I dunno why I didn't think of this earlier! Could've gOne with thicker material, but then it shows. Let's see how long this lasts

I'm sure it will not break off like the thread machan. And I think the gauge of suture that you've selected is just fine. The only thing that I'm concerned about is whether it will tear the steering wheel cover because the suture itself is a bit sharp right? But then again, if it's not stitched on really tight, I guess it'll be OK.

Edited by Davy

I'm sure it will not break off like the thread machan. And I think the gauge of suture that you've selected is just fine. The only thing that I'm concerned about is whether it will tear the steering wheel cover because the suture itself is a bit sharp right? But then again, if it's not stitched on really tight, I guess it'll be OK.

Good point. Kamak naa men. Worst case I'll remove it. At least I didn't pay 27k to see it rip off!

I'm also interested to see whether this will stand the test of time

• 3 weeks later...

octane heads is running a feature soon. shoot photos will follow as soon as available :smilie_liebe9: :smilie_liebe9:

Saw some new pics :D waiting for the whole review!!

Awesome! Looks like the Asiri Surgical car park... Keeping an eye on the site for the review. :)

Well it seemed fitting...

You work at Surgical? I thought you were at Kalubowila?

I'm familiar with the parking lot. Had to spend a lot of time there. My ex works there, you see, and you don't need to me to tell you about doctors leaving their shifts on time :P

You work at Surgical? I thought you were at Kalubowila?

I'm familiar with the parking lot. Had to spend a lot of time there. My ex works there, you see, and you don't need to me to tell you about doctors leaving their shifts on time :P

Nope. Kalubowila. I moonlight at asiri