• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Land Rover 101 (forward Control)

lakshank

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've seen the ad :) only then did i realize that it's got one of those damn loud train horn thingies :)

To trumpet back at the elephants? !!

Also lakshank: Congratulations on getting married: All the best to you and your wife :drinks:

Edited by Kavvz

Agree with all you guys.Thats a very precious one...like a crime to let go...but its easy for us to say ...you maybe having your own plans with the 2million + ...if not just keep her.Anyways whata machine machan..im a true admirer of that masterpiece!

MINIACE

Thanks all the mates for encouraging me to keep the baby ..mm beast with me.. Though money is quite tough at the minute for me, u guys have pushed me for second thoughts. All you guys are correct. Its all my time money and sweat which u see in the photo..not just me...my father and brothers who took care of the things behind the screen when i had little time to spend on this due to office work...it will be a shame to let her go. i will feel sorry one day..i am seriously thinkng guys..thanks for the mental support.

By the way the ##### cover page was not put by us. ~Advertised it few weeks ago inside, but his time they have just put it may be for to its Macho looks.

dsc01420tr.jpg

Edited by lakshank

• 1 year later...

Hello. I am Mike from UK. I have just joined the forum, I could not find antwhere to make an introduction so i'll do it here!

I have seen this IIB link via google. I was so impressed with your landy that I have gone and bought a IIB forward control myself. I am thinking of doing a 110 coil conversion with a 200tdi and running gear.

Do you have anymore photos of the rebuild that I could look at Lakshank? also what modifications did you have to do to the rear croosmember to make it higher than a standard 110?

Again, yours ids a fantstic motor and I hope mine looks just as well when its finished.

Best regards Mike.

Heyy Mike,

I am so glad that we have international readers in our forum. Also thanks so much for the compliments for my 2b FC.

I can tell you with my own experience, Coil sprung ride on the FC is so comfortable. I had a 4 inch heavy duty lift kit coz the procomp 2" kit was not strong enough to carry the weight. The pic you see in here is before that conversion hence woudn't notice that clearance.

We had the cut and twist the rear end of the 110 chasis to bring it up. The defender crossmember was removed and we plugged in out custom build rear cross member.

Sure i can send some pics. Please send me ur email address.

cheers and good luck with ur project.

Heyy Mike,

I am so glad that we have international readers in our forum. Also thanks so much for the compliments for my 2b FC.

I can tell you with my own experience, Coil sprung ride on the FC is so comfortable. I had a 4 inch heavy duty lift kit coz the procomp 2" kit was not strong enough to carry the weight. The pic you see in here is before that conversion hence woudn't notice that clearance.

We had the cut and twist the rear end of the 110 chasis to bring it up. The defender crossmember was removed and we plugged in out custom build rear cross member.

Sure i can send some pics. Please send me ur email address.

cheers and good luck with ur project.

Hello!

Thanks for your comments. With regards to the rear crossmember, did you modify it - raise it up so that you did not have the gap with the back plate that would have sat on the top of the crossmember?

More than anything I would like to see your cab set-up and also have you have worked the linkages for the gear box.

Look forward to your pics!

All the best, Mike.

Hi Mike,

I have emailed u the pics from each step. I would advice you to do some more research on the gearing system as mine wasnt the best.

also you will be better off with a defender chasis than modifying the existing one.

Any questions please ask

cheers

Lakshan

As with the rear cross member, We literally bent the rear tail of the chasis upwards and welded a locally made cross member. A very thick (about a quater of an inch) Metal plate was then alligned and welded to that one to cover the rear. Bays for lights and a foot step was then cut on that plate.

Hope the pics I've sent will justify my answer

As with the rear cross member, We literally bent the rear tail of the chasis upwards and welded a locally made cross member. A very thick (about a quater of an inch) Metal plate was then alligned and welded to that one to cover the rear. Bays for lights and a foot step was then cut on that plate.

Hope the pics I've sent will justify my answer

Hi Lakshank,

I have a 300tdi 110 chassis for the rebuild. I just need to find the engine.

The pictures I have received are fantastic! Thanks. How come you did not bother to use the original top/sub chassis off the original 2B? Mike.

Edited by devilwoo

Hi Mike,

The original top chasis (subframe) was extremely decayed and was in very sorry state.

If you dont mind can we ask you to post ur pics as u go along with the project.

cheers

Hi Lakshank.

I will post photos as I go. My 110 300tdi rolling chassis has arrived! I am going to fit a 300tdi engine and Auto gearbox. I will then start to transfer the top chassis from the 2B onto the new chassis and then start building it up.

I'm very excited!

Speak soon, Mike.

Very clever....An auto set up would be ideal for it as the gearing system was a bloody nightmare to me.

One more thing to keep in mind. The Intercooler of your 300 motor will have to be mounted nearer to the engine or as it cannot be extended with the radiator. Infact if you extend the lined to the intercooler, you will never get the performance from you turbo and it will be worse than a Non turbo.

I experienced it myself and had to get the intercooler seperated from the rad and mount it near the engine. Then powered it up with an electric fan.

good luck mate

• 6 months later...

Hi Lakshank.

I will post photos as I go. My 110 300tdi rolling chassis has arrived! I am going to fit a 300tdi engine and Auto gearbox. I will then start to transfer the top chassis from the 2B onto the new chassis and then start building it up.

I'm very excited!

Speak soon, Mike.

This is going to look nuts wobbling around the M60/M62!! Good luck.