• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Land Rover 101 (forward Control)

lakshank

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Does anyone know how many of 101 s there are in sri lanka.. any one has a one for sale... and please wrtie anything that you know about 101. i am planning to buy a one.

thanks

Whats a 101 man? do you have any pics?

this is undoubtably the most comprehensive FORWARD CONTROLS a.k.a 101 Portal

http://www.fourfold.org/LR_FAQ/FC/FAQ.FC.101.html

from that which i know only OSANDA had a 101 - i'm not sure if he has a radio body version as well -

one was a Bronze Green RAG Top with a SIIa front end

i remember seeing a Foward Controls / 101 at his garage last year - but recall it being in Lybian Sand Colour...& thought it was a proper 101...but my memory is hazy

these were made for military use so are unbelivably rugged!! :)

& heavy!!

but 3.5 V8 means only it'll do an atrocious 3 KM per Litre of Petrol

also most of these came with a 24Volt electrical system

it was brought to my attentino by Gummybr that there is another somewhere else privately owned...u'll hav to ask him for details...

its not gonna be easy finding one - but if u do - GO FOR IT :D

it'll be é most impractical vehicle u can ever own - but its invincible & unstopable!!!! :)

i'm not kidding!! this is wut an FC looks like

3 main varients - Sii baes , s III based & Vampire

é Series IIa & b (based unsuprisingly as é name suggests on Sii's - can be distinguished by front lights & grill)

these came with é 2.25 Petro or diesels as well as a 6cyl engine

SiiA

IPB Image

SiiB

IPB Image

slight changes in axel diffs - but cosmetically only light placings are different

SIIB on LEft & SIIA on Right

IPB Image

buyers guide

http://www.lrm.co.uk/archive/Series%20Land...CIIA&B.html

i'm not kidding!! this is wut an FC looks like

3 main varients - Sii baes , s III based & Vampire

é Series IIa & b (based unsuprisingly as é name suggests on Sii's - can be distinguished by front lights & grill)

these came with é 2.25 Petro or diesels as well as a 6cyl engine

SiiA

IPB Image

SiiB

IPB Image

slight changes in axel diffs - but cosmetically only light placings are different

SIIB on LEft & SIIA on Right

IPB Image

buyers guide

http://www.lrm.co.uk/archive/Series%20Land...CIIA&B.html

Machan I was in Tissa 4 the 4wd thing. There were loads of forward controls in that area. SOme were Kota Uda. So if you are planning toi buy any thats the place to go.

seriously?? how on earth did Fc's wind up waay over there??

...& i'm guessing not one had é Rover V8 still in place...

hmmm....how irrational would it be to go buy a gutted FC n restore it?? :huh: ...i suddenly have a burning desire to drive one of em beheamoths! :) (...Landy's do have a way of making one feel like a "boy with his toy" dont ya say :lol: ....)

hmmm....how irrational would it be to go buy a gutted FC n restore it?? :huh: ...i suddenly have a burning desire to drive one of em beheamoths! :) (...Landy's do have a way of making one feel like a "boy with his toy" dont ya say :lol: ....)

Here is one my bro spotted in Jan 2006 around thissa area (24 Sri 2756). He might know where it is based. I can ask whether he remembers if it looks interesting to you.

IPB Image

Well if you want Land Rovers, Tissa, Kataragama, Yala are the places to look at. Man they've got loads.

Infact in the off road event at thissa some series (series 2 & 3) vehicles from that area sporting bald rebuilt old tyres completed the course without much of an issue (sure some had water in their engines, but what more can you expect from worn out vehicles like them).

In that vicinity you will even come across light weights.

awesome stuff

looks like its still on its original paint which has faded n been scortched proper :)

hmmm i wouldnt mind knowing where it is - it would hav been more desirable has it been a radio body/ambulance version which has é full flat front & is an all round covered hardtop..

pls do post any info u can muster on it - will come in handy

@Gummybr, any of those around??

Well if you want Land Rovers, Tissa, Kataragama, Yala are the places to look at. Man they've got loads.

Infact in the off road event at thissa some series (series 2 & 3) vehicles from that area sporting bald rebuilt old tyres completed the course without much of an issue (sure some had water in their engines, but what more can you expect from worn out vehicles like them).

In that vicinity you will even come across light weights.

No matter how plentiful they are in the Safari country no one will sell even the worse codition jeeps. Coz that's their main source of income.

Also the lighweight is known as the 'Kottu Roti' among the locals

No matter how plentiful they are in the Safari country no one will sell even the worse codition jeeps. Coz that's their main source of income.

Also the lighweight is known as the 'Kottu Roti' among the locals

Really? thats interesting.... any idea why that is though?

awesome stuff

looks like its still on its original paint which has faded n been scortched proper :)

hmmm i wouldnt mind knowing where it is - it would hav been more desirable has it been a radio body/ambulance version which has é full flat front & is an all round covered hardtop..

pls do post any info u can muster on it - will come in handy

@Gummybr, any of those around??

It was in Yala Block 1 near Tissa. No knowledge where the base is.

If you get hold of one here is a site with a boat load of LR documentation in PDF.

Land Rover Manuals

Lot of pics of 101s here

gummybr..what happened to the LR guys the next day.. didn't see any of the LR's at the races...

Well we had a long day that went till 4.00 in the morning and almost all the guys slept till the sun were on their backs. And they all all hurried to Kataragama to Naveen Marapana's bunglow for lunch (Indika's co driver at malaysian rain forest challenge).

There were two stages including novices and extreme. Novices finished off by 8.00pm and the extreme went on till 4.00 in the morning with only two competitors out of 10 completing. It was too extreme for anyone beyond the two who completed and some who made an effort to get close to the finish.

hi everyone.

thank you very much for the information. i will definetely go for a 101. i have a "kota uda" one in my list. but having seen the thusharas photo i thought of changing my mind. machan,,where was it. can u find the place for me please.

thank you all

lakshan

Gummy,

I know this is a silly question to ask when Indika had competed. just to make sure machan , who won the extreme off road event.

lakshan

Well Indika won the event with a timing of 28 minutes, second place was his bro-in-law. others didn't finish.

what happened to osanda...kata thibbata weda ne wage..

Did not finish, he had some problems with his vehicle. ACtually he had been the last to run. Most hadn't gone through the first obstacle, but some had done but haven't had the power and technique to go through the last bits.

Did not finish, he had some problems with his vehicle. ACtually he had been the last to run. Most hadn't gone through the first obstacle, but some had done but haven't had the power and technique to go through the last bits.

Ya sa some 101 in that area too... 3 on Kota uda... sooo u may want to give that place a visit. It was on the main road to Thissamarama....

Ya Osada's 6 wheen had some problems at Moratuwa- the boat of his was there but looks like Indika came up as Champ- Big cheer for the local dude.

Ya sa some 101 in that area too... 3 on Kota uda... sooo u may want to give that place a visit. It was on the main road to Thissamarama....

Ya Osada's 6 wheen had some problems at Moratuwa- the boat of his was there but looks like Indika came up as Champ- Big cheer for the local dude.