• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Accident In Seeduwa

Grand Civic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is a very sad news.

Heard from a known person which was showed on sirasa TV news yesterday there was a nasty accident at Seeduwa killed 3 people who were in the honda civic collided with a lorry or container.

Any know party involved in this ?

Very sad indeed....GC I've added u to ma messenger...could u accept..got a suggestion...cant discuss online...quite excitin..

Very sad indeed....GC I've added u to ma messenger...could u accept..got a suggestion...cant discuss online...quite excitin..

Machan I did accept your request.

Got to know that three of them are working for Dialog GSM Airport Barnch. Sadly i know one guy who is working with my cousin named Anthony fernando a good musician who wrote well known song " Sokari " to chinthy.

Sad.

Saw this on the news last night. Apparently the lorry was parked on the side of the road, the car had rammed into the back of it. The impact forced the lorries to move forward and bring down a post as well. News did show the vehicles, looked like the car had run under the lorry on impact, the roof was almost flat with the doors.

I drive past Seeduwa daily, saw no visible signs of an accident on the road when driving back home last night. Didn't see anything (like a fallen post) this morning either. Anyways, that area is very popular for lorry & container truck driver to stop for a break, on the side going to Negombo. It's also very crowded with people crossing etc. Very likely, the car was trying to avoid someone turning right without any prior warning or a pedestrian. Both of which happen regularly on the Negombo-Colombo road.

Yes Grand Civic,the info is correct They all are Dialog GSM airport customer support crew.The fourth person survived the crash and in hospital ,out of danger.I dont think anyone wants to see pictures and lets not post.

I too agree for not posting any pics.

Saw this on the news last night. Apparently the lorry was parked on the side of the road, the car had rammed into the back of it. The impact forced the lorries to move forward and bring down a post as well. News did show the vehicles, looked like the car had run under the lorry on impact, the roof was almost flat with the doors.

I drive past Seeduwa daily, saw no visible signs of an accident on the road when driving back home last night. Didn't see anything (like a fallen post) this morning either. Anyways, that area is very popular for lorry & container truck driver to stop for a break, on the side going to Negombo. It's also very crowded with people crossing etc. Very likely, the car was trying to avoid someone turning right without any prior warning or a pedestrian. Both of which happen regularly on the Negombo-Colombo road.

Very true and lets not forget the lunatic three wheeler bu^^^rs .A major contributor to accidents in Seeduwa area...Im having very nasty experiences with them.

The vehicle is in Seeduwa police. It was shocking to hear the news yesterday, a person known to me is a victim of this accident.

Lets not post any pics...

it is a very sad news.

Heard from a known person which was showed on sirasa TV news yesterday there was a nasty accident at Seeduwa killed 3 people who were in the honda civic collided with a lorry or container.

Any know party involved in this ?

I don’t know them personally but sad as they were just kids….. 1 is still just coming out of danger as 1 said . They work at the same place I work but at a different location

Well they work in the customer service department at the airport…… the reason is excessive speed and then going out of control……

All you young dudes…(ahhhh and the old dudes like me who occationally forget my own advice) . Please do take care… having a fast car is one thing but remember we live in a crazy country with 3 wheelers, people jumping form no where and the list goes on….and you need to be able to control the speed too……

My deepest Sympathies goes out to the family’s……..

Edited by mazdaspeed

Sadly Sandeep Kaushal Jayasinghe Warapitiya was a Trinitian and was in a Junior Batch,

Sad to see 3 young chaps die. Never Drive Fast.

This is a good lesson for everyone and even us. We take everything for Granted and drive like idiots, even some times after drinks. Its really not worth the risk . :(

Edited by Velocity

Machan I did accept your request.

Got to know that three of them are working for Dialog GSM Airport Barnch. Sadly i know one guy who is working with my cousin named Anthony fernando a good musician who wrote well known song " Sokari " to chinthy.

Sad.

Sokari was written by Wasantha Dukgannarala who also wrote Hithumathe, Mata sithanna baha etc of Iraj

Very true and lets not forget the lunatic three wheeler bu^^^rs .A major contributor to accidents in Seeduwa area...Im having very nasty experiences with them.

One guy seems to be from our school MSC. Deepest sympathys to the families. Please drive slow friends/bros. Drags maybe thriling but one stupid mistake will mean alot!!!

God bless!

Note:Lot of calls have been coming in as the victim was a Anton, A MSC, A white honda civic. Thanks all, thanks Isuru.

machan, without wishing to sound offensive or anything, IMO any form of racing on the streets can be dangerous..... thats just the way the world is..... esp in SL.....

but as Pila said, OT......

deepest sympathies to the families of those concerned.

one of the victims was a colleague of one of my close pals....

Edited by Pericles

I am totall agree with GihanFX.

I never heard any bad thing has happened in Drags unless the stupidity shown by few inmatuarted young fellows on the way to drags or on the way back.

Seems this is just throwing stones for the victims on this accident and lets stop pointing out their mistakes. coz as of now its all over.

I believe the best thing to do right now is give our symapthies for them and be more careful on our selves while driving on roads.

Edited by Pericles

yes pila thats im talking abt, if he want to talk abt drags he should open a new thread other than taking this sad oppertunity to say shi* abt drags and make others angry

My deepest sympathies to the families.

ok im cool bt not more bull shi* abt drags

woofah.. take it easy brothas.. Hola didnt necessarily mean the "drags".. what he meant was speeding thru traffic and cutting into vehicle n stuff.. dont take the literal meaning of drag.. come on people stop fighting on small itsy bitsy titsy issues man.. hel we are a community and somewhat like a family.. so if ya ve got a problem please resolve it in a verbally peacefully manner.. what say?

just saw the pics via mail.. i have seen that vehicle loads of time on the streets.. sad to hear about it.. my condolences to the families..

Zz

I never heard any bad thing has happened in Drags unless the stupidity shown by few inmatuarted young fellows on the way to drags or on the way back.

Seems this is just throwing stones for the victims on this accident and lets stop pointing out their mistakes. coz as of now its all over.

I believe the best thing to do right now is give our symapthies for them and be more careful on our selves while driving on roads.

I guess you're right..... i've seen a few drags (never competed tho), and they were always done in a very professional manner, but i guess the point is you never can be 100% safe can you? thats just how it is...

I guess you're right..... i've seen a few drags (never competed tho), and they were always done in a very professional manner, but i guess the point is you never can be 100% safe can you? thats just how it is...

True. but running down two or three vehicles towards same direction abt 500-600 meters where no other vehicle coming towards them and over speeding on the traffic is totally different.

I hope you got what i meant. :)

Edited by Grand Civic

True. but running down two or three vehicles towards same direction abt 500-600 meters where no other vehicle coming towards them and over speeding on the traffic is totally different.

I hope you got what i meant. :)

yes machan i did..... and i fully agree.... all i said earlier was that we just need to be extra careful because of all the other nutters on the road...

and i dont exactly drive slow either :lol:

woofah.. take it easy brothas.. Hola didnt necessarily mean the "drags".. what he meant was speeding thru traffic and cutting into vehicle n stuff.. dont take the literal meaning of drag.. come on people stop fighting on small itsy bitsy titsy issues man.. hel we are a community and somewhat like a family.. so if ya ve got a problem please resolve it in a verbally peacefully manner.. what say?

Zz

friends/bros. Drags maybe thriling but one stupid mistake will mean alot!!!

he directly mention the name DRAGS, then hola should edit his post bythe way someone remove some post of hola's any mine, bt why didnt he removed Hoals post that i quoted ? and that started this argument

I was there @ drag sene watching all the big brothers racing when we doing our GCE O/L and its hurts someone comenting like this

totally agree with u

Edited by GihanFX

he directly mention the name DRAGS, then hola should edit his post bythe way someone remove some post of hola's any mine, bt why didnt he removed Hoals post that i quoted ? and that started this argument

I was there @ drag sene watching all the big brothers racing when we doing our GCE O/L and its hurts someone comenting like this

totally agree with u

oh.. yup.. an edit should have been done .. right hola? :) nywayz.. cool down bro.. am a big fan of the drag scene too.. not quite knowledgeable bout it (still/for now).. so dnt take any opinions to heart.. and i am positive that he meant racing around in da traffic n not drags literally so stay cool bro..

Zz

U boys are making this moderating gig difficult! Cool down ppl.

Gihan, cant say anything about Hola's comment. There have been no incidents thus far, coz all possible care is taken, but all it takes is a puncture near the end of the run to put a crimp in the proceeding, and that can happen to anyone at anytime. See Hammond on Top Gear.

Hola, that comment is very out of context. And Grand Civic is right. Anyway, these boys weren't dragging, they were just speeding. And its just their bad time man. U can be driving slowly and carefully minding ur own business when someone else can come and hit u hard enough to ruin ur day, or even ur life. The way I see it, if ur time is up, then ur time is up. Not that I'm condoning speeding or driving fast or anything, but there are too many variables in like to say don't drag coz a mistake could end it for ya. U could be sleeping at home, and a mosquito could end it for ya.

And everyone, those who tempt fate, better be prepared for the consequences. They say those who dance must pay the piper. Whats the price ur prepared pay for moving fast in metal box on wheels filled with combustible and explosive chemicals?

U boys are making this moderating gig difficult! Cool down ppl.

Gihan, cant say anything about Hola's comment. There have been no incidents thus far, coz all possible care is taken, but all it takes is a puncture near the end of the run to put a crimp in the proceeding, and that can happen to anyone at anytime. See Hammond on Top Gear.

Hola, that comment is very out of context. And Grand Civic is right. Anyway, these boys weren't dragging, they were just speeding. And its just their bad time man. U can be driving slowly and carefully minding ur own business when someone else can come and hit u hard enough to ruin ur day, or even ur life. The way I see it, if ur time is up, then ur time is up. Not that I'm condoning speeding or driving fast or anything, but there are too many variables in like to say don't drag coz a mistake could end it for ya. U could be sleeping at home, and a mosquito could end it for ya.

And everyone, those who tempt fate, better be prepared for the consequences. They say those who dance must pay the piper. Whats the price ur prepared pay for moving fast in metal box on wheels filled with combustible and explosive chemicals?

ok sir u say so bt nothing happend to Hammond right :o saw him driving a home made limo @ Top Gear - [09x06] - 2007.03.04

Ok ltes get back to the original topic