• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ae110 Or Bluebird?

chana

Whats not advisable is taking your advise.

Peri its a lost cause, ignore,

If we all thought that way the roads would just be Corolla's and all other auto makers would be out of business, and in the end its us the customer who would face negative consequences as we would be stripped out of a fundamental right ................................... choice !!!

I think anybody who doubts Nissan makes good cars is well, I prefer not to say, but as with all manufactures their cars have their pros as well as their cons ....

I think Nilantha you are better off highlighting some specific points with regards to the Sylphy which might be of interest so that we can all have an objective conversation, rather than make derogatory comments which would also be offensive towards fellow members who own vehicles of that brand. Just my 2 cents, if you do not agree by all means ignore me, not here to impose my will on other people :)

The Don

Whats not advisable is taking your advise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Bluebird

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Pulsar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Sunny

In short, no idea. But do keep in mind the articles on the sub-$3000 cars posted recently. They might want to thin out the mid range models in the future. The Sunny is already dropped for the Tiida. The Pulsar has morphed into the Bluebird Slyphy. The Bluebird is basically gone. Try making sense of it all...

Also the Almera as the pulsar was marketed in Europe is only available in hatchback form

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Don

nicely put bro :)

guess it happens if you don't have too much of experience with cars other than yours :D:lol:

Peri its a lost cause, ignore,

If we all thought that way the roads would just be Corolla's and all other auto makers would be out of business, and in the end its us the customer who would face negative consequences as we would be stripped out of a fundamental right ................................... choice !!!

I think anybody who doubts Nissan makes good cars is well, I prefer not to say, but as with all manufactures their cars have their pros as well as their cons ....

I think Nilantha you are better off highlighting some specific points with regards to the Sylphy which might be of interest so that we can all have an objective conversation, rather than make derogatory comments which would also be offensive towards fellow members who own vehicles of that brand. Just my 2 cents, if you do not agree by all means ignore me, not here to impose my will on other people :)

The Don

Also the Almera as the pulsar was marketed in Europe is only available in hatchback form

I am highly doubtful that nilantha understood what you said Don. Nilantha we simply want to tell you this..please try and adhere to the standards maintained in this autolanka forum...or you will be facing such predicament... :angry-smiley-024:

So what is Nissan's replacement for the bluebird ? Primera ? I guess they have the Cefiro for the large sedan market but for a long time the blue bird and cefiro existed side by side ..

There is the New Blue Bird Sylphy which looks like a cross between a Tiida and the New Cefiro. Not sure of the model numbers or what its based on. Just seen quite a few at car sales.

IPB Image

Edited by milindu

Anyway it is advisable not to buy Nissan

if you don't contribute constructively to this forum your posts will be deleted... and FYI i've owned and run nissans from various ranges for 6 years and they've been so reliable it's not even funny... if i had to buy another car as a daily runner i'd consider nissans first cos i know them inside out...

• 2 weeks later...
The Sylphy is actually the successor to the Nissan Pulsar (Known as Almera in the EU). Remember all Pulsar models have been N Series while the Nissan Sunny remains the B (FB) Series.

So the real Nissan Sunny is the FB 15 you see as recons.

I guess the local agents probably rebadged the Pulsar/ Sylphy as the Sunny to compete with the Corolla. I have come across the N16 coming in 1.3, 1.5, 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 (Badged as Sunny or Bluebird Slyphy).

The Corolla 110 is almost 12 years old but some of the technology is still seen on 2007 model (lower end) Corollas. Its just great technology that just works even now.

sunny http://www.nitco.co.jp/ENG/CORPORATE/diplomat2.html

if you don't contribute constructively to this forum your posts will be deleted... and FYI i've owned and run nissans from various ranges for 6 years and they've been so reliable it's not even funny... if i had to buy another car as a daily runner i'd consider nissans first cos i know them inside out...

Sorry i don't have enough time to post detailed information here. i participate to this among busy schedule. It’s your choice accept my comments or delete my comments.

Anyone has free to buy Nissan. u will feel it, you will know that what I told to not to buy Nissan.

Here i posted one example.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, recently I bought a Nissan FB-15. However I have to change the front shocks. Please tell me…..

What the best brand is for this (except Nissan genuine)?

And the best place to do the repair in or near Colombo (Is it Mag or A*W or any where else)?

One more question..

I have an electrical repair in a power shutter and brake lights. What is the place to do it?

By the way, This "Blop Blop'" sound comes only from a one front shock. Do I have to change the both?

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...amp;#entry50769

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See, this guy has faced to lot of problems buying Nissan (fb15 is not a old model). If you have enough money and time to do often repairs u can buy Nissan and run

Edited by Nilantha

Sorry i don't have enough time to post detailed information here. i participate to this among busy schedule. It’s your choice accept my comments or delete my comments.

Anyone has free to buy Nissan. u will feel it, you will know that what I told to not to buy Nissan.

Here i posted one example.

See, this guy has faced to lot of problems buying Nissan (fb15 is not a old model).

dude SERIOUSLY, it gets annoying when you keep trying to push the same damned point!!! :action-smiley-060:

also, changing shocks and a power window malfunction hardly counts as serious issues mate, try to remember that the FB15 was introduced in 1998!! that's right, 9 YEARS AGO :rolleyes:

Dude stop being a damn know-it-all when you actually don't know much :action-smiley-060:

You can't put a blanket statement like nissans are a bad buy...

Seriously how many different types of cars have you driven and know about to talk bad about them...

I also drive an older toyota but i have specific needs and that justifies my decision...

Before i bought the toyota i checked a nissan primera p11 camino...1.8litr manual car... super car to drive...better handling...better looks etc etc... but it was little too heavy on gas and pricey on parts as opposed to my sprinter...

If i wanted a driver's car at the time...hands down it's the primera as oppose to the sprinter...

Don't talk rubbish here and go drive some other car brands before dissing them.

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...amp;#entry50789

Hey Nilantha.... Peri has changed his shocks and I’m also thinking of.... both are Nissan owners. Mmmmm.... Think you’re right... You can quote my post as well to prove your point.

Sarcasm is a foreign language to you isn't it? :rolleyes:

Oh.... my gosh... What an :grinning-smiley-036:

Yes point proven...

And also after I bought the Nissan, I had to do regular services.... Changed CVT, E-oil, & had to pump fuel, Ohhhhh.... and yesterday I had to pump air to one of my tyres, it was on 26. This Nissans are giving so much trouble. Sh*t I should have bought a maintenance free Toyota...

And also after I bought the Nissan, I had to do regular services.... Changed CVT, E-oil, & had to pump fuel, Ohhhhh.... and yesterday I had to pump air to one of my tyres, it was on 26. This Nissans are giving so much trouble. Sh*t I should have bought a maintenance free Toyota...

He hee.. This thread is turning out to be quite Interesting.. :angry-smiley-048:

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

we will stop this now.........

Oh.... my gosh... What an :grinning-smiley-036:

Yes point proven...

This thread is i fun your right there

Just a small word, I am talking cuz, I got help to buy my car about 8 moths back just like this, end of the day my friend its not about T***** OR N********* your car is yr choice make it!!!!!

• 1 month later...
210 is GT, 212 is the model number that you should be checking on.

Corona Premio' have lesser market than Corolla/Carina so make sure which model to look for before hand.

Ti - Full Option/1.5 Liter/100 BHP

Ti My Road - Full Option/1.5 Liter/Teak Interior/100 BHP

GT - Sports Spec/165 BHP

Si - Highest Grade/Full Option/1.8 Liter/Teak Interior/115 BHP

Once i came through a Carina Ti-E package which has the following changes, it was in superb condition but was lucky enough to get know that its market is very lesser than on a normal version. BTW it was a Manual too.

No RPM Meter

No Digital Meter (Analog is present)

4 Nut Base of Alloys (Normally Carina's its 5)

So if you come across one of them make sure to get it 1 - 1 1/2 below the market price, better not to mess around with a one, do not buy.

let us know the progress and post some pics once you get hold of a one :)

Hi AL Gurus...

Finally, I could settle with a Carina Si, Auto, 56k on the clock, from the first owner. If you are interested, pics are here;

Carina-1

Carina-2

Carina-3

Carina-4

Carina-5

Thanks Kim, Milindu, Supra_Natural and all the others who shared their invaluable advices and comments to make my choice. As I mentioned, initially I was looking for a AE110 but after AL suggestions, I was looking at Carinas as well. I went to see so many carinas E110s and sometimes FB15s to get some experience during the past two months. And I read almost every post in AL... :D

Well, having said that, I still need ur help to resolve some of the things since I'm not that tech savy. There two buttons near the AT lever 'PWR' and 'MANU'. I can imagine what PWR is but what is MANU and what's the function of it. Any idea...?

And, any further recommendations for maintenance, changes or checkups I should do immediately. :mellow:

Hei chana.

Welcome to Toyota world. You will take experience strong Toyota on the local road. If you have a time its better to have full check up. goto agents (TL Wattala) and put them a vehicle. They will do full checkup and they will give u a complete report. Maximum u have to pay around 800/=

Cheers, good luck

Edited by Nilantha

Hei chana.

Welcome to Toyota world. You will take experience strong Toyota on the local road. If you have a time its better to have full check up. goto agents (TL Wattala) and put them a vehicle. They will do full checkup and they will give u a complete report. Maximum u have to pay around 800/=

Cheers, good luck

Thanks Nilantha,

The previous owner has done all the services and maintenance at TL and the records are available. :rolleyes:

Well, having said that, I still need ur help to resolve some of the things since I'm not that tech savy. There two buttons near the AT lever 'PWR' and 'MANU'. I can imagine what PWR is but what is MANU and what's the function of it. Any idea...?

And, any further recommendations for maintenance, changes or checkups I should do immediately. :mellow:

cheers mate..... lovely looking car you have there, best version of the normal carina.... hope it'll give you uears of trouble free motoring,,,,

having the Power button depressed allows the engine to rev up higher than the standard shift point, where as the Manual button limits the rev's...

On most Carina's (non GT's) the red line starts around 6750 revs - the normal shift would be around 6000 revs - having the power button on will allow the car to rev as close upto the red line as possible before it up-shifts.

there is also some speculation that the having the power button increases the fuel flow & other variables via the ECU to result in better performance - but this can't quite be verified..

With the Manual button on it'll shift up at around 3000~4000 revs,which promotes more economical driving and automatically prevents unnecessary over revving and dissuades rabbit hopping, erratic & agressive driving, as the engine limits itself and up-shifts before the peak torque & power band is reached.