• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ke 72

Nisala

This car always had a very good market, even the 16sri and 17- versions were initially bought for round 200K from sales but even in 1997 they cost in excess of 300K !! Its only a guess but now they probably cost beyond 400K in the very least ........

This car always had a very good market, even the 16sri and 17- versions were initially bought for round 200K from sales but even in 1997 they cost in excess of 300K !! Its only a guess but now they probably cost beyond 400K in the very least ........

my wife's uncle bought one of those when he downgraded from a wingroad... he paid 400k when he bought it and did some minor body work etc for another 50k or so... Good car for that vintage... His one has bad shocks and makes a big racket when you go over potholes etc...but it really pulls like a b1tch... was pleasantly surprised :)

my wife's uncle bought one of those when he downgraded from a wingroad... he paid 400k when he bought it and did some minor body work etc for another 50k or so... Good car for that vintage... His one has bad shocks and makes a big racket when you go over potholes etc...but it really pulls like a b1tch... was pleasantly surprised :)

Also one of the last rear wheel driver cars, is very basic inside, and looks wise can't say much, but silent trouble free car, but might be difficult to find good examples,

look out for rust, that really is the only problem,

• 3 years later...

Personally I dont like Wagons hence never thought of buying one

I have known many people who owned the K72 wagon and yet to find someone complaining about the car,its very hardy and parts easily available too,pulls well and fuel efficient too

The downside is that inside its very basic since its a rear wheel drive so the prop shaft hump makes is very uncomfartable for the 3rd person in the back seat,the dashboard is basic and does not have an RPM meter

Price wise the low roof ones are 300 upwards and the high roof ones (late 15 sri upwards ) can be 425 and above in good condition

(correct me if im wrong)

Edited by carboy2011
  • Like 1

My Father had 4 KE72 and 1 KE74 :) That was our favorite car at that time. KE74 one we had was the GL model with 5 forward maroon color, really good looking. Still love that car. Last car we had was sold a few months ago for 5.50k. It was a 16- KE72.

• Like 1

Personally I dont like Wagons hence never thought of buying one

I have known many people who owned the K72 wagon and yet to find someone complaining about the car,its very hardy and parts easily available too,pulls well and fuel efficient too

The downside is that inside its very basic since its a rear wheel drive so the prop shaft hump makes is very uncomfartable for the 3rd person in the back seat,the dashboard is basic and does not have an RPM meter

Price wise the low roof ones are 300 upwards and the high roof ones (late 15 sri upwards ) can be 425 and above in good condition

(correct me if im wrong)

I have restored a KE72 and IMO its not that fuel efficient as the one i did was doing 9 - 10KMPL. Pulling power wise its acceptable for a 1.3L Carb engine. But not good. Not all parts are freely available, for ex i had to import a PCV valve (emmision control valve), couldn't find anywhere in panchikawatte. Even i couldn't find Reverse light covers and turn signal covers on buffer, so i cleaned existing ones and fixed but managed to get new ones for other lights even for dashboard. Another issue i have is engine tuneup wont last for a longtime, i have to do it like once in every 6 months.

But once you have restored a KE72 i feel very very happy, even to look at my car in my garage while having a cup of tea... :) (Hik Hik Hik). But i dnt use it for everyday traveling. One other KE72 is on its way restoring.

(Please note that these comments are only on my experience, there can be KE72's with better comments. So those who have better KE72's you can share ur comments aswell) :)

Also those who like to restore KE72's i can direct them to my mechanic which he could do a good job. (This is not advertising, just a help for those who need)

KMeeg.

I have restored a KE72 and IMO its not that fuel efficient as the one i did was doing 9 - 10KMPL. Pulling power wise its acceptable for a 1.3L Carb engine. But not good. Not all parts are freely available, for ex i had to import a PCV valve (emmision control valve), couldn't find anywhere in panchikawatte. Even i couldn't find Reverse light covers and turn signal covers on buffer, so i cleaned existing ones and fixed but managed to get new ones for other lights even for dashboard. Another issue i have is engine tuneup wont last for a longtime, i have to do it like once in every 6 months.

But once you have restored a KE72 i feel very very happy, even to look at my car in my garage while having a cup of tea... :) (Hik Hik Hik). But i dnt use it for everyday traveling. One other KE72 is on its way restoring.

(Please note that these comments are only on my experience, there can be KE72's with better comments. So those who have better KE72's you can share ur comments aswell) :)

Also those who like to restore KE72's i can direct them to my mechanic which he could do a good job. (This is not advertising, just a help for those who need)

KMeeg.

Where is your mechanic based kmeeg, and were you able to find any body parts for this vehicle ?

Where is your mechanic based kmeeg, and were you able to find any body parts for this vehicle ?

My mechanic is in Narahenpita. As i said most of the fittings were available and the rest you have to clean them and fix. I only couldn'd find that PCV valve. But panchikawatta shops will help you to import any part. So not much of a problem. My mechanic consults experts when needed. Eg- Engine overhauld - Edir#4nha Br@th#s, Hood cover and seat covers another person, Electrical wiring an electrician, like wise. Basically you dnt have to worry about restoring a KE72.. :) (if you can send me a message i will give his contact number)