• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Show This Weekend

big Daddy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went for this in the evening ... some lovely cars and SUV's on display. But noticed that some stalls were being organized. So i guess it will be on full song tmrw and day after.

Hey m#to# mag pea pol said that this car show was going to be the greatest car show ever! dose it meet the requirement of a great car show?? :mellow:

Went last evening..well outside its nothing much but was impressed with the collection inside the hall.

Ridculuous prices..

GOLF GTI- 8 MIl +

TOYOTA CAMRY-10MIl+

PASSAT-7MIL+

Suzuki SX4-4Mil+

IMO the best value for money was the micro collection- lovely designs, huge wheels and good ground clearance suited for our roads, diesel turbocharged engines, lovely interiors and SRI LANKAN ASSEMBLED.

KYRON-6 MIL+ i think

ACTYON-5 MIL+

REXTON-7.5MIL+

;)

some pics..which i took today..wasn't that bad either, but wasn't happening at all.. must say..

p1010001mu6.jpg

p1010012oo9.jpg

p1010038wa8.jpg

p1010051ow5.jpg

p1010057jg7.jpg

p1010005tq8.jpg

some known car also :P (wasnt on display, but the guy must have thought he'll be invited too i guess... he he.. :D

p1010064iz8.jpg

IMO the best value for money was the micro collection- lovely designs, huge wheels and good ground clearance suited for our roads, diesel turbocharged engines, lovely interiors and SRI LANKAN ASSEMBLED.

KYRON-6 MIL+ i think

ACTYON-5 MIL+

REXTON-7.5MIL+

;)

Nice to hear that.

This was wierd. I think the base car is a MX3, with a USDM Civic front end and a DC5 Intergra tail!

I doubt it. Just check the number plate. It says 11 shri! No MX3s came during that time. Might even be a lancer 'L" light!

I doubt it. Just check the number plate. It says 11 shri! No MX3s came during that time. Might even be a lancer 'L" light!

I also think that its a Lancer coz it has a Mitsubishi engine ! But although it has been replaced !

Sorry for the crappy image!

imag0046zk9.jpg

OK, in that case they fitted the rear windshield/fastback from a MX3. I did note that number. Looks like there is nothing left of the original car, whatever it was.

OK, in that case they fitted the rear windshield/fastback from a MX3. I did note that number. Looks like there is nothing left of the original car, whatever it was.

I'm sure this is the purple/blue color car that used to be on the roads about 2-3 years back. I think it was totaled. Seems like it has risen again from the grave. It is an old L-light lancer.

BTW that engine is a 4G63, isn't it?

I'm sure this is the purple/blue color car that used to be on the roads about 2-3 years back. I think it was totaled. Seems like it has risen again from the grave. It is an old L-light lancer.

yup from an EVO 6 apparently...

the turnout for this carshow was terrible... everyone's probably afraid of crowding around now following the nugegoda bombing...

yup from an EVO 6 apparently...

the turnout for this carshow was terrible... everyone's probably afraid of crowding around now following the nugegoda bombing...

yeah, i too noticed the lack of visitors, when Kim's pic of the VW/audo stall had only like 5-6 people TOTAL!

normally it'd be dam hard to even get a picture of a car, with every tom, dick and harry blocking your view!

All in all it was a very dissappointing show. There was hardly anything new. Just cars we see everyday on the road. There was some hype about concept cars and the future of transport etc etc. I did not see a thing though! Lots of chicks though ;)

Went last evening..well outside its nothing much but was impressed with the collection inside the hall.

Ridculuous prices..

GOLF GTI- 8 MIl +

TOYOTA CAMRY-10MIl+

PASSAT-7MIL+

Suzuki SX4-4Mil+

KYRON-6 MIL+ i think

ACTYON-5 MIL+

REXTON-7.5MIL+

;)

There's some controvesy about how much of the Ssangyongs are actually assembled in SL. Some say that EVERYTHING is imported and they've over stated the local content. Not sure what's the real story though!

All in all it was a very dissappointing show. There was hardly anything new. Just cars we see everyday on the road. There was some hype about concept cars and the future of transport etc etc. I did not see a thing though! Lots of chicks though ;)

I agree with everything except the chicks part. I didn't see any of them, either. Met a few AL members tho.

yep ur right, that is the purple/blue car, its a garage owners who i know very well, iv seen this car soo many time while visiting the garage, its got the headlights of the honda Odissy and the tail lights of the integra, but i think its overdone. for eg. there are 2 meter boards one in the driver side and other in the passengers side (for what??? for the passenger to c how fast ur going!!!!???? ) and most of the car is fiber. dont like the colour of it, and apparently (god knows whether its true or false) the guys spent 8million bucks to re-store the car(WTF!!!! id rather buy an evo for that money).

Edited by Z.u.L

yep ur right, that is the purple/blue car, its a garage owners who i know very well, iv seen this car soo many time while visiting the garage, its got the headlights of the honda Odissy and the tail lights of the integra, but i think its overdone. for eg. there are 2 meter boards one in the driver side and other in the passengers side (for what??? for the passenger to c how fast ur going!!!!???? ) and most of the car is fiber. dont like the colour of it, and apparently (god knows whether its true or false) the guys spent 8million bucks to re-store the car(WTF!!!! id rather buy an evo for that money).

8M!!! :action-smiley-060: OMG!!!

for eg. there are 2 meter boards one in the driver side and other in the passengers side (for what??? for the passenger to c how fast ur going!!!!???? )

Got a pic of that. Not sure its a speedo on the passenger side. You can check it out when Madz gets the galleries up.

Hey m#to# mag pea pol said that this car show was going to be the greatest car show ever! dose it meet the requirement of a great car show?? :mellow:

Yes very poor show - nothing much out of the ordinary... wat a waste of time money and fuel to there <_<