• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Oldest Car U'd Love To Own..

seeker

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probable a Skyline 2000GT. Why? cos that is what started all this japanese skyline dreams. Or maybe a Ford Shelby Mustang or a ACE Cobra. Fast and the looks.

Next up deffinetely a Mitsubishi Lancer A73 1600gsr Rally Car. The King of Africa, will leave all wanna be racer boys standing still

Edited by Gummybr

Guys,

Thought this might be an interesting Q to ask from all you car freaks......

Given no restriction on make, model, year of manufacture and the budget, what is the oldest car you'd love to own? ....... and why? :rolleyes:

Lancia Delta Integrale, because of below :)

Guys,

Thought this might be an interesting Q to ask from all you car freaks......

Given no restriction on make, model, year of manufacture and the budget, what is the oldest car you'd love to own? ....... and why? :rolleyes:

A 1961 Shelby Cobra...!!

Why.., cos it is a small car with a BIG attitude (under it's hood)

I would LOVE to have a Volkswagen Karmann Ghia.. :jumping-smiley-013:

Simple engine and mechanics and i think it looks awesome.. For me it`s a stunning machine in terms of Looks, Simplicity and renown VW beetle reliability... :rolleyes:

Probable a Skyline 2000GT. Why? cos that is what started all this japanese skyline dreams. Or maybe a Ford Shelby Mustang or a ACE Cobra. Fast and the looks.

Next up deffinetely a Mitsubishi Lancer A73 1600gsr Rally Car. The King of Africa, will leave all wanna be racer boys standing still

i think i will also go with the lancer A73 GSR

i'm still trying to own this beauty which is not a GSR , but now with a 1600GSR engine & has been a good performer in sri lankan rally racing in early 90's

baby043pn5.th.jpg

Edited by MRM

i think i will also go with the lancer A73 GSR

i'm still trying to own this beauty which is not a GSR , but now with a 1600GSR engine & has been a good performer in sri lankan rally racing in early 90's

baby043pn5.th.jpg

For those who might not know much about the GSR

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/motorsp...ry/1600gsr.html

And for Mustang fans

Have you guys watched the History channel documentary on american muscle cars hosted by Bill Goldberg that featured an extremely rare Mustang called the Ford Super Boss 429 Lawman Mustang...It's puts out about 780bhp

Less than 8 cars were ever made if my memory is correct...

One mean machine :) I watched the full programme and that car just oozes pure american muscle...

For those who might not know much about the GSR

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/motorsp...ry/1600gsr.html

And for Mustang fans

Have you guys watched the History channel documentary on american muscle cars hosted by Bill Goldberg that featured an extremely rare Mustang called the Ford Super Boss 429 Lawman Mustang...It's puts out about 780bhp

Less than 8 cars were ever made if my memory is correct...

One mean machine :) I watched the full programme and that car just oozes pure american muscle...

sorry folks...seems like i got some info wrong...

there were only 2 cars made and only one is surviving owned by Bill himself insured at 1 million US$...it pits out 1400Hp and equipped with a parachute brake :)

here's a link with pics

http://www.spiketv.com/shows/bullrun/galle...dberg/g3-1.html

1640x480ty3.th.jpg

and the write up from the site....

Only 2 of these cars were ever made but Goldberg's is the only remaining one, original paint. It's the only boss 429 mustang that's automatic in the world, 740 original miles, serial #0429, 1400hp, runs a quarter mile in 8.4 seconds at 185mph, top speed depends on how it's geared but it's well over 185mph. Equipped with parachute, Al Extrand (designer/driver/builder of car), purchased at an auction, cost "priceless" (insured for 1 million dollars), 1970 Boss Mustang.