• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Knight Rider 2

ferrarif50

i don't think i can state enough how disgustingly poor the action sequences with KITT are - disasterous would be an understatment - its beyond belief that in this day and age work would be this primitive!

"Viper" had better effects and it was nearly 15 years ago!

as much as i want to like the show, KITT in "attack" mode is such a put off! :( The car from the pilot was so much better - far more subtle. If they wanted impact they could have taken a more tasteful approach i'm sure. show needs a decent producer i'm guessing.

i don't think i can state enough how disgustingly poor the action sequences with KITT are - disasterous would be an understatment - its beyond belief that in this day and age work would be this primitive!

"Viper" had better effects and it was nearly 15 years ago!

as much as i want to like the show, KITT in "attack" mode is such a put off! :( The car from the pilot was so much better - far more subtle. If they wanted impact they could have taken a more tasteful approach i'm sure. show needs a decent producer i'm guessing.

Bang on dev,i would have also liked the car to be a sleek coupe instead of a square muscle car,like old kitt,afterall they are doing this based on the success of the old series.

they've just made this new series a cheap imitation of transformers! I don't like the new Michael Knight and the mustang looks way too heavy to be turbo boosting anyway. plus ford is plugged way too much in it. looks like one long commercial! give the hoff credit, he was made to play michael knight.

if you're jobless on a sunday afternoon, try watching some of the old KR episodes on DVD. Its facinating seeing the little discrepencies in the stunts but most of them were real and you got to give them props for that, considering they had limited budgets and the technology at the time.

inspite of this gripe, i'll probably watch it because i was a fan of the original. i've heard that the episode outline they will follow will closely resemble the original series.

they've just made this new series a cheap imitation of transformers! I don't like the new Michael Knight and the mustang looks way too heavy to be turbo boosting anyway. plus ford is plugged way too much in it. looks like one long commercial! give the hoff credit, he was made to play michael knight.

if you're jobless on a sunday afternoon, try watching some of the old KR episodes on DVD. Its facinating seeing the little discrepencies in the stunts but most of them were real and you got to give them props for that, considering they had limited budgets and the technology at the time.

inspite of this gripe, i'll probably watch it because i was a fan of the original. i've heard that the episode outline they will follow will closely resemble the original series.

Yup Ford is just all over the place!! <_< the only time it wasn't a bad thing is when he races the GT40 :)

He might have his weaknesses,but i fully agree - The Hoff is unreplaceable!

You could see how the old show was filmed on the same set , especially that spot with a high wall which serves as a compound housing everything from a penetentiary to an arms depot if memory serves me right! :lol:

Mythbusters once did a feature on the stunt where the TransAm drives into n out of the big rig and they deduced that even that was authentic!

Simple stunts , but the fact that they were real i value greatly. It was only in a handful of episodes on the old series did they use a TransAm model..

But like yourself i too will watch it simply cuz i was a big fan of the original - i'm know that there are a host of others who feel the same way but will watch none the less

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

looks like knight rider is going to ba cancelled after only one season...

NBC hasn't officially announced the show's inevitable cancellation, but you don't exactly need to be Stephen Hawking to figure this one out. After first giving the show a baffling full-season order, then announcing that it's being completely revamped after ratings took a nosedive following the 1-week break it had in November, NBC suits have reconsidered the number of episodes they want to subject us to when Knight Rider returns from hiatus. The 22-episode full-season order has officially been cut back to 17, the last of which will air on February 25. Barring some kind of ratings miracle, Knight Rider will then join last year's NBC retread fiasco, Bionic Woman, in the Bad Decision Hall of Fame. According to the L.A. Times, Knight Rider's Wednesday 8:00 PM slot will go to a new, as-yet-unnanounced program starting March 4th.