• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Club

pradfred

GUYS,

A small mess up[ on my part. :action-smiley-012:

can we meet on Wednesday evening maybe after 7 pm?

I am running out of the place a bit urgently.

Or else the team can meet up and then update me.

BTW who is actually coming? :unsure:

Mazdaspeed has confirmed,

GuruG? GTAm?

Pericles, Sparky, velocity, bugatti, Madza, ????

C mon mates - who needs an excuse to hang out with da boyz? :alc:

I'm in Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday... There after not.. remember it's the Long weekend..

GUYS,

A small mess up[ on my part. :action-smiley-012:

can we meet on Wednesday evening maybe after 7 pm?

I am running out of the place a bit urgently.

Or else the team can meet up and then update me.

BTW who is actually coming? :unsure:

Mazdaspeed has confirmed,

GuruG? GTAm?

Pericles, Sparky, velocity, bugatti, Madza, ????

C mon mates - who needs an excuse to hang out with da boyz? :alc:

Wednesday is fine with me...will be there :grinning-smiley-003:

Hay Madz – that’s great idea… can we look at having a list of the members and contact number (Those who wish) been uploaded with a small pic of the ride – sort of a database… can talk when we meet

PS : Any luck with the A/L sticker ???

Yes machan lets discuss it when we meet up... i'll bring some A/L stickers on the AL G2G day

Yo mates,

Good news the venue is available .

However -I suggest that we move the event by a week? So that we can recover from Madz's AL party.:)

The 6th of April ? Let's discuss at the Wednesday meeting. Madz has also confirmed.

We also need a tagline for da club

I like the one bugatti has! :)

Let's get creative

ya I saw 1 too wonder if it's the same 1 but the 1 I saw was light blue coming out of car mart

You are correct my friend...! it is actually light blue. Had a closer look this morning. It seemed like Green at night though :action-smiley-060:

Need to get me a pair of glasses..

Edited by Bugatti

Yo mates,

Good news the venue is available .

However -I suggest that we move the event by a week? So that we can recover from Madz's AL party.:)

The 6th of April ? Let's discuss at the Wednesday meeting. Madz has also confirmed.

We also need a tagline for da club

I like the one bugatti has! :)

Let's get creative

I take it that the meeting on Wednesday is confirmed then..?

Location..?

Time..?

You are correct my friend...! it is actually light blue. Had a closer look this morning. It seemed like Green at night though :action-smiley-060:

Need to get me a pair of glasses..

ahhhh Ok I suppose it's one of those color s that U can't exactly tell the proper color... If so U won;t need to buy glasses :D

Oh… Sorry guys Wednesday is out for me as I got a function to go from the company … :( well no issues discuss the same and I shall catch up on the news through Pradfred

ahhhh Ok I suppose it's one of those color s that U can't exactly tell the proper color... If so U won;t need to buy glasses :D

Oh? Sorry guys Wednesday is out for me

Hi all

Todays the day

Let me know whois coming

My number is 0777 338 333

I am B'wela at the moment but hammering back post lunch

Will be there on time hopefully

For all those who missed out on todays G2G...

Try n make it for for the event...! else make sure to check this link on Monday for the update.

We had fun today. :alc: There were some ladies from the former USSR too.. :D

Mazdaspeed, specially you. :P

For all those who missed out on todays G2G.

Hi all,

The Mazda club's second meeting will be held on the first weekend in April, at the MRA Autodrome in Pelawatte.

Time: current plan is to start at about 10 AM.

Overall we will keep it open to all and use it as a meet and greet forum, and register interested members.

I suggest that we all meet up at Madz's AL G2G which will happen before that.

I have got the badges / name tags which can be filled in and worn, and Bugatti is spreading the word around his Mazda circuit. We need to get some confirmations going on numbers attending asap.

We also discussed printing some leaflets and leaving them on parked Mazdas to create awareness.

Other stuff needed would be a loudhailer / megaphone for announcements, music, food etc

On the alcohol front - no comments :)

I have confirmation on the handling track as well so will get that done. We can run a small speed trial and there will be an entry fee. BTW we need a treasurer ( assuming there is gonna be treasure) .

The core committee also needs to pass on contact numbers so that we can meet up.

Non Mazda owners are more than welcome to join up as well :) we need all the help we can get.

Signing off now

Cheers

Pradfred

Edited by pradfred

I have confirmation on the handling track as well so will get that done. We can run a small speed trial and there will be an entry fee

great idea about having a track set up Pradred!

hope non mazda's will be allowed to have a few runs as well :)

For all those who missed out on todays G2G...

Try n make it for for the event...! else make sure to check this link on Monday for the update.

We had fun today. :alc: There were some ladies from the former USSR too.. :D

Mazdaspeed, specially you. :P

DAM :sad-smiley-047: I knew I was going to be missing a lotta fun.... Any chance we can get them in for the MEET ???

:D

DAM :sad-smiley-047: I knew I was going to be missing a lotta fun.... Any chance we can get them in for the MEET ???

:D

Talk to Prad.. we need to finalize things on Monday, at the latest.

Lets meet up on Saturday at the AL G2G and discuss..?!

Talk to Prad.. we need to finalize things on Monday, at the latest.

Lets meet up on Saturday at the AL G2G and discuss..?!

FOR SURE MATES.

LETS REV IT UP THERE.

My baby blew something this morning. :o praying it aint the timing belt chewed by the engine :blink:

Nothing that can't be fixed in a couple of days.. did u get it checked..?

My prayers worked !

check this out.

A bolt from the water pump has broken loose, :unsure: fallen onto the Timing belt, chewed through the belt <_< and fallen into the engine.

The timing belt has a nice hole in the middle , but the belt did not break !

This is why even after ten years I aint selling ma baby mates . :rolleyes:

Mazdas are super cars.

So gonna buy the belt today and hopefully be there in my baby for the AL event.

will try and post a picture of the chewed belt ( If I can figure this image shackie thingy) :)

cheers

Pradfred

Wow we hav made some progress. So da second meet is on April 6th. Pls confirm....

Good that the rain is fading away.

Prad is ur baby o.k.? Mine suddenly started a grinding sound inside the gearbox. Only happens on 1st n 2nd n in low rpm. I only drove it today after not using for a week. :mellow: It was fine when I left it. :unsure:

Wow we hav made some progress. So da second meet is on April 6th. Pls confirm....

Good that the rain is fading away.

Prad is ur baby o.k.? Mine suddenly started a grinding sound inside the gearbox. Only happens on 1st n 2nd n in low rpm. I only drove it today after not using for a week. :mellow: It was fine when I left it. :unsure:

Baby should be ok. Hopefully.

Gearbox: Stop driving vehicle and take it and get the oil drained and check. minimise driving time. As ts a manual, an oil check up and change is a simple matter.

Ok, on the Mazda Club meet.

I just got off the phone with the owners representative and we have a confirmed booking for the 26th of April.

The reason this has been moved to a further date are as follows :

1) The rains will be gone for sure by then

2) we have more time for a properly organized event

3) Time available to spread the word amongst the Mazda owners

4) Decide on what exactly we are gonna do at the venue

5) Arrange the Booze, bites & the russian shooze

6) Get confirmed entires - ideally with a small fee of about Rs 100/- (?)

This will also take care of the Avruddu rush / guys being out of Colombo etc.

Also will give us time to have at least one proper committee meeting. I hope the active mazda members of this forum will all become committee members and take on the challenge. Others are also more than welcome, as we need all the help and expertise out there.

hence I propose that we meet as agreed at the AL G2G, and thrash out the logistics.

As the date is now confirmed, we can focus on all the sundry items.

Stickers, / loudspeaker / megaphone / music , booze / food etc etc

Merchanidise: T shirts/ caps/ bras

Agree the steward of the meet

Agree safety related matters - the owners of the venue stressed this point

Agree additional payments iof any ( Electricity / water etc )

So lets meet up and agree

cheers

Pradeep

My prayers worked !

check this out.

A bolt from the water pump has broken loose, :unsure: fallen onto the Timing belt, chewed through the belt <_< and fallen into the engine.

The timing belt has a nice hole in the middle , but the belt did not break !

This is why even after ten years I aint selling ma baby mates . :rolleyes:

Mazdas are super cars.

So gonna buy the belt today and hopefully be there in my baby for the AL event.

will try and post a picture of the chewed belt ( If I can figure this image shackie thingy) :)

cheers

Pradfred

How tha hell did that happen..??!! :o

Don't waste your time with Image Shak.. or what ever.. jst bring the belt with you.

Baby should be ok. Hopefully.

Gearbox: Stop driving vehicle and take it and get the oil drained and check. minimise driving time. As ts a manual, an oil check up and change is a simple matter.

Ok, on the Mazda Club meet.

I just got off the phone with the owners representative and we have a confirmed booking for the 26th of April.

The reason this has been moved to a further date are as follows :

1) The rains will be gone for sure by then

2) we have more time for a properly organized event

3) Time available to spread the word amongst the Mazda owners

4) Decide on what exactly we are gonna do at the venue

5) Arrange the Booze, bites & the russian shooze

6) Get confirmed entires - ideally with a small fee of about Rs 100/- (?)

This will also take care of the Avruddu rush / guys being out of Colombo etc.

Also will give us time to have at least one proper committee meeting. I hope the active mazda members of this forum will all become committee members and take on the challenge. Others are also more than welcome, as we need all the help and expertise out there.

hence I propose that we meet as agreed at the AL G2G, and thrash out the logistics.

As the date is now confirmed, we can focus on all the sundry items.

Stickers, / loudspeaker / megaphone / music , booze / food etc etc

Merchanidise: T shirts/ caps/ bras

Agree the steward of the meet

Agree safety related matters - the owners of the venue stressed this point

Agree additional payments iof any ( Electricity / water etc )

So lets meet up and agree

cheers

Pradeep

OH.... NO........!!! :sad-smiley-040:

It's ma sister's wedding on that day.. possibility of having it in the morning...?? :sad-smiley-017:

I think you boys aren’t using the resources in this forum to the fullest potential. There were few major events that took place in that very same venue and some members in this community played a major part in organizing them. Best example would be the Modifyfest. I wasn’t there but I saw the pictures and heard the stories. That event ticked all the boxes you guys are looking for. Why don’t you get in touch with one of these organizers and get hold of their contacts. Should be able to get bit of a discount as well.

Sorry if I’m sounding harsh that’s not my intention but this thread is agonizing to read. There are handful of people with big plans and expectations and there are even a lesser number of people actually tiring to do something about it.

Harsh or not its cool

Hey this is Sri lanka after all. I think everyone is trying but all are busy trying to survive .

I for one will give it my best shot. As for the using the forum I think its upto anyone who reads it to help or not.

As to the thread being painful oh well that's the way the cookie crumbles. We try and if its not happening we walk away. At least Mazda is now on the autolanka map.

I am being positive that this will work so let's see.