• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lotus -

Kim

Looks an awful lot like the Tesla Roadster, doesn't it? Obviously it makes sense given the linkage between Tesla & Lotus. Living in Silicon Valley I see a handful of Teslas on the roads on a pretty frequent basis...I must admit that is one hell of a boring looking (and obviously sounding) car! If I wanted to save the environment AND have a sports car I'd buy a more practical electric/hybrid car for less than a quarter of the price and spend the rest on something a bit more fun..done venting.

Looks an awful lot like the Tesla Roadster, doesn't it? Obviously it makes sense given the linkage between Tesla & Lotus. Living in Silicon Valley I see a handful of Teslas on the roads on a pretty frequent basis...I must admit that is one hell of a boring looking (and obviously sounding) car! If I wanted to save the environment AND have a sports car I'd buy a more practical electric/hybrid car for less than a quarter of the price and spend the rest on something a bit more fun..done venting.

apparently Brabus have kinda fixed that problem...

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarrevi...abus_tesla.html

The overall Tesla experience was crying out for a fix, though. Only when the car scooted off the line did you know it was even switched on, and the dull crescendo of electric motor and tyre noise was just wrong. It’s not like that here, though. Instead it vibrates like a muscle car to the sound of Brabus’s own 6.1-litre V8 and 462bhp of feigned output, strategically placed subwoofers and speakers mimicking a real engine to perfection in terms of sound and feel through the carbonfibre bodywork.

car_photo_300640_25.jpg

Edited by Devinda_Z

Damn Z,

Dont you ever sleep?

12.02 AM ? I hope some juicy bits were involved in keeping you "Up" so late? lol

Apologies for crudeness in advance :rolleyes:

Tame. Dev is known to post at 2-3 in the morning too.

occassional bouts of mild insomnia and the enthusiasm to post when swamped with interesting automotive tidbits tend to keep me up rather late...

[yes Pradfred, thats me gently pussyfooting (no pun intended) around your insinuation leaving your imagination (as dangerous as that might be :P ) to figure out if thats all i do ;) ]

:lol: