• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lotus -

Kim

a 3.5L twin turbo V8 is the fuel-saving car? Damn, how do u like THEM apples?

Machang any idea hw much of bhp this beast is coughing out? :blink:

• 2 years later...

Lotus Evora

lotusevoralalive03dk0.jpg

lotusevoralalive01lw2.jpg

lotusevoralalive07yl9.jpg

www.caranddriver.com

The Evora will be positioned above the Elise and Exige S models and, like the not-for-the-U.S. Europa, aims to provide increased day-to-day usability, which means it should be no harder to get in and out of than a Corvette, with a low, flat door sill. Think Porsche Cayman as opposed to all-out track toy: the Evora will carry more creature comforts and be larger (although that’s a relative term) than the Elise and Exige in an attempt to help attract new customers to the Lotus brand.

The Evora will be offered either as a true two-seater or with a 2+2 seating arrangement, but Lotus warns the rear seats are only suitable for children, and we suspect only those with very short legs. Power will come from a Toyota 3.5-liter V-6 with variable valve timing, tuned to produce 276 horsepower and 252 lb-ft of torque, and Lotus says the car clears the 0-to-60-mph sprint in less than five seconds and tops out around 160 mph.

The Evora employs typical Lotus aerodynamic tricks to keep the car planted at high speeds, including a rear diffuser and spoiler. Lotus engineers claim the Evora is quicker around the famed Nürburgring circuit than the Elise. It is not designed to offer a go-kart-like ride, but rather to appeal to a wider demographic. That said, the Evora rides on Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs, so performance should still be superb.

It is said that celebrities such as Richard Hammond,James May,Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig have already placed their orders for an evora.

Edited by HelRazor

Lotus Evora

lotusevoralalive03dk0.jpg

vague similarity to the Ascari KZ1/A10?

"appeal to a wider demographic" = all things to all men ?

Porter would have deemed it a 'stuck in the middle' , which is hardly promising :mellow:

...it not a very imposing car in the flesh sadly :(

its not a very fussy thing ,which is good, but it somehow doesn't feel very special :mellow: [but then again being a Lotus its all bound do be in the driving experience so only someone who's been behind the wheel will be be able to say]

its not a very fussy thing ,which is good, but it somehow doesn't feel very special :mellow:

i see what you mean...how many times have we seen concepts like this from various manufacturers(the evora is not a concept)...

it's kind of a love/hate issue for me with this car...it is a decent successor to the espirit,if youre thinking along those lines.but lotus produced the elise and the exige after the espirit,and those cars were "dramatic" and "busy" looking cars and the evora is rather bland next to the exige which is my favorite of all lotus's

i wish they continued making cars as mad looking as the exige,but the evora is the sensible approach if you are looking for a bigger market share...

but the exige is still the best for me..just look at this..mad as a hatter :action-smiley-015:

lotusexigesport2401bigcm9.jpg

i see what you mean...how many times have we seen concepts like this from various manufacturers(the evora is not a concept)...

it's kind of a love/hate issue for me with this car...it is a decent successor to the espirit,if youre thinking along those lines.but lotus produced the elise and the exige after the espirit,and those cars were "dramatic" and "busy" looking cars and the evora is rather bland next to the exige which is my favorite of all lotus's

i wish they continued making cars as mad looking as the exige,but the evora is the sensible approach if you are looking for a bigger market share...

but the exige is still the best for me..just look at this..mad as a hatter :action-smiley-015:

lotusexigesport2401bigcm9.jpg

the Exige certainly is edgy

but even as an Esprit replacement, i feel the Evora doesn't have enough poise and class

Decent car no doubt, but is it gonna cut it out in the mkt - only time will tell...

It is said that celebrities such as Richard Hammond,James May,Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig have already placed their orders for an evora.

Errr.... While I'm not sure Captain Slow is the proper person to push as a potential owner if they want to attract more clients, what is up with May these days? He seems to be getting more and more excitable as the years roll. Serious mid-life crisis? Or have they forced him into it after that "Britain Vs Germany" car show shootout? Ah, the Aston-Porsche race is right there in my favourite Top Gear moments :)

I like this part off wiki..amazing...so no Lotus parts issue!!

Lotus Esprit PARTS

As with many of their cars, Lotus used parts from other cars to cut down development costs. Esprits before 1993 have many British Leyland parts and after 1993 have many GM (Vauxhall, Opel) parts. G Esprits have Citroën gearboxes as found in the Citroën DS and Citroën SM, while S Esprits have Renault UN1 gearboxes, with the exception of the North American Esprit Turbo which retained the Citroen gearbox for 1988 only.[8] The door handles come from Morris Marina / Austin Allegro and were kept until the S4 model in 1994 when instead GM Calibra door handles were used. Early models used a Momo steering wheel, later ones had the same as the Pontiac Trans Am. Until 2002 it had rectangular Toyota rear lights from the 1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno and RWD Toyota Corolla Coupe, later replaced with the same round light as the Lotus Elise II. The aerial mount and whip on the S4 and V8 is the same as the GM Calibra and Tigra. The side mirrors are from the Citroën CX. Non SE foglamps from about 1989 are GM Astra mk1. The fan motors come from the Ford Fiesta mk2. The alternator on the V8 models is a standard GM unit also found in the V6 GM Omega or the Lotus / GM Lotus Carlton which also provides many of the interior plastic fittings such as door handles and steering column. The clutch slave cylinder on the 98 onwards models is the same as a series 2A Landrover from Girling as is the master cylinder.[9] The front suspension came from the Opel Ascona. Front GT3 Brake Pads (Brembo) are the same as on a Fiat Coupe turbo or a Peugeot 406 3.0 v6.

MINIACE

I like this part off wiki..amazing...so no Lotus parts issue!!

MINIACE

The clutch slave cylinder on the 98 onwards models is the same as a series 2A Landrover from Girling as is the master cylinder

well i'll be....! :blink:

never ever did i see a super car having something in common with a series LR! :o

a 3.5L twin turbo V8 is the fuel-saving car? Damn, how do u like THEM apples?

Well the engine went bust due to lack of use and was rebuilt recently. Might as well burn a bit of fuel than re-build the engine on a regular basis :D

vague similarity to the Ascari KZ1/A10?

"appeal to a wider demographic" = all things to all men ?

Porter would have deemed it a 'stuck in the middle' , which is hardly promising :mellow:

its not a very fussy thing ,which is good, but it somehow doesn't feel very special :mellow: [but then again being a Lotus its all bound do be in the driving experience so only someone who's been behind the wheel will be be able to say]

It seems like an expanded Elise and the end result is quite boring. They should have invested on a proper Italian suit!

• 3 months later...

Lotus Evora Pricing out!

car_photo_303595_25.jpg

car_photo_303594_25.jpg

£47,500 : Base 2+0 : No rear seats makes for extra luggage space.

£49,875 : 2+2

£1495 : Sports-ratio six-speed manual

£1495 : forged alloy wheels

£550 : Bi-Xenon lights

£950 : Sport Pack

The first 200 UK cars will barely leave an options box unticked, with a high specification and corresponding £58,460 price. Everything from Alpine premium ICE to a very un-Lotus reversing camera feature, as well as the 2+2 seats.

The Lotus Evora - complete with 276bhp 3.5-litre V6 - goes on sale in the UK on May 2 2009.

Source : http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/234543/l...ora_prices.html

Tame. Dev is known to post at 2-3 in the morning too.

More on topic, me like the car. Looks a little cramped for me tho. Is this thing an FR? Looks MR, but a bit confused by this claim the the two seater has more luggage space.