• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Are The Perodua's Better Than The Indian Made Stuff

pissa

Are the perodua Kelisa's and the Keneri's better than the similar sized non-Japanese cars such as, the TATA indica's and the small Chevy's. and the cheryy QQ's ? How does it fare against the Micro trend...this is in terms of build quality and durability. not in terms of performance.

Are the perodua Kelisa's and the Keneri's better than the similar sized non-Japanese cars such as, the TATA indica's and the small Chevy's. and the cheryy QQ's ? How does it fare against the Micro trend...this is in terms of build quality and durability. not in terms of performance.

I'de say the Kelissa is one of the best mini cars around. It's way better than any of the Indian cars, the Chinese cars and the Micro trend. I've heard very good reviews about fuel consumption too. This car is actually an older model Daihatsu Mira. I would suggest you pick the Kelissa because the Kenari's just looks comical.

I'm sure our ace racing driver Mivec.Turbo will give you 100 reasons why should buy one!

I drive a 2004 Kelisa GXi. It has close to 30K on the clock. No big worries with it. Well, one worry i have been having with it is limited seat adjustment settings and quite loose number plate lights at the rear end. Also my front discs seems a bit warped, but its barely noticable. From other owners i have heard that the brake pads tend to wear out bit faster than other cars. Mine seems quite Ok though. Interior, i had few probs with a rattling glove box and the board that covers the boot area was quite jumpy therefore producing irritating noice when on bad roads. But managed to fix both the issues with some padding. Apart from that, interior is in great condition even after it had been coping with 15 inch alloys on our roads for some time.

I have been in and driven few Indian Alto's. I prefer the Kelisa since it felt much better than the Alto and i think it's interior is a step above than that of the Indian Alto.

Fuel wise, i have been getting between 13 to 14 Kmpl on 100% city driving on 13 inch wheels.

However, i feel the two tone Kelisa has the best look from all those cars mentioned and has acceptable quality and durability plus good performance for a car of this category. It might lose on the fuel consumption compared to an Alto, but overall, Kelisa would be a little more of a classy choice.

Kelisa is owned and used by Dinesh D for daily runs and racing both.Mind you ,he won over 1050 cc modified cars in his standard-1000 the last time out.Dinesh bought his second Kelisa recently.So do I need to tell more?? :)

MINIACE

Kelisa is a fantastic car for the price you pay for a brand new car in that range. Looks decent enough and if I may mention about its durability, I did 100,000km ++ in a 2003 Kelisa without any issues. It never let me down :) This was from the first batch that came in as brand new to SL.

Since then I went for the second few months ago again a brand new car. Both cars were GXi (5 speed manual versions). I would say Kelisa is the best non-Japanese brand new car in that segment you could buy in the past (coz it will be no more as Perodua stopped production of it)

The new car is called Viva with the same engine spec of 1,000cc 3 cylinder and should be on our roads by end April :)

• 5 years later...
QUOTE(pissa @ Mar 14 2008, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I drive a 2004 Kelisa GXi. It has close to 30K on the clock. No big worries with it. Well, one worry i have been having with it is limited seat adjustment settings and quite loose number plate lights at the rear end. Also my front discs seems a bit warped, but its barely noticable. From other owners i have heard that the brake pads tend to wear out bit faster than other cars. Mine seems quite Ok though. Interior, i had few probs with a rattling glove box and the board that covers the boot area was quite jumpy therefore producing irritating noice when on bad roads. But managed to fix both the issues with some padding. Apart from that, interior is in great condition even after it had been coping with 15 inch alloys on our roads for some time.

I have been in and driven few Indian Alto's. I prefer the Kelisa since it felt much better than the Alto and i think it's interior is a step above than that of the Indian Alto.

Fuel wise, i have been getting between 13 to 14 Kmpl on 100% city driving on 13 inch wheels.

However, i feel the two tone Kelisa has the best look from all those cars mentioned and has acceptable quality and durability plus good performance for a car of this category. It might lose on the fuel consumption compared to an Alto, but overall, Kelisa would be a little more of a classy choice.

Good feedback. How about the long distance fuel consumption. ..