• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wrc

Devinda_Z

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WRC.com reports that Citroen will be having two teams for this season and they have included Chris Atkinson in their second team.

He's a very talented driver , so it should be very interesting to see his timings in what Loeb has proved is possibly the most competitive car in the WRC line up

...wonder if he'll be faster than his team mate... :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Kimi goes rallying

Kimi Raikkonen to tackle Lapland Rally in Abarth Grande Punto

By David Kinchella

16th January 2009

car_photo_300079_7.jpg

Kimi Raikkonen is to tackle the Arctic Lapland Rally behind the wheel of an S2000-spec Grande Punto Abarth (pictured) on January 22.

Kimi is understood to own the Abarth with which he is competing in the event. The Arctic Lapland Rally is the opening round in the Finnish Rally Championship, where Raikkonen will put his ‘Iceman’ nickname to the test against a handful of ex-F1 drivers, including Mika Hakkinen, Mika Salo and JJ Lehto.

The Ferrari team has been happy to give Raikonen permission to enter the rally: ‘Traditionally we always have a very open relationship with our drivers; we were criticised when Michael Schumacher played football on the race weekends,’ said Team Principal Stefano Domenicali. ‘Letting Kimi drive a two-day rally is the same approach. We consider it two days of tests for him, although it's not Formula 1.’

Rumour is circulating that a possible move to the rally stages will commence when retirement comes for Kimi. Pressure is increasing with Fernando Alonso touted to partner Felipe Massa at Ferrari from 2010.

Raikkonen has been accredited as being very calm, cool, and calculating in his race strategy although turning his attentions momentarily away from F1 may spark further speculation and criticism from the media. Whether the ‘Iceman’ will thaw in the heat of rally competition is yet to be seen.

Source : http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/233619/k...s-rallying.html

Kimi goes rallying

i hope ferrari knows what they are doing..letting their star driver participate in something like this is taking one huge risk,particularly with the new season approaching,and with ongoing test sessions.....we need the driver's title this year(i'm a huge ferrari and massa fan BTW :D )

After months of speculation the final specification of the Ford Focus RS has been confirmed. Its 2.5-litre five-cylinder turbo – an upgraded version of the unit in the Focus ST and Volvo C30 T5 – produces 300bhp and 324lb ft.

car_photo_300782_25.jpg

That means hikes of around 35 per cent over the ST, with the top speed up 13mph to 163 and 62mph arriving nearly a second quicker at 5.9sec: an impressive stat in a hot hatch weighing 1467kg. Fourth gear acceleration from 30-60mph takes 5.3sec.

car_photo_300783_25.jpg

It’s all channeled through the Focus’s front-wheel-drive chassis via Ford’s ‘Revoknuckle’ suspension technology, which is mounted to the Macpherson strut front suspension and is responsible for eliminating torque steer. Rear suspension is based on the control blade independent suspension that Ford debuted on the Focus; there’s a larger anti-roll bar for the RS.

Your £24,995 also gets you a suitably large set of 19in alloys, wrapped in 235/35 Continental rubber. Combined fuel economy is a claimed 30.5mpg while carbon emissions are 225g/km, sneaking the RS into £300-a-year tax band K.

Source : http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/233795/focus_rs_specs.html

hmmm i wonder if he'll be competitive in a car that old...

Well he could be competitive... remember that Loeb competed one season in this old car (Xsara) and won. Also this time around there was a 2007 Subaru in rally ireland coming in at 9th.

Wondering if any of you watched star sports yesterday evening, they did a recap of the Ireland rally. most amazing accident was Chris Atkinson's crash. But the fellow managed to come in 5th. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOi_J0Xyx0Q

Wondering if any of you watched star sports yesterday evening, they did a recap of the Ireland rally. most amazing accident was Chris Atkinson's crash. But the fellow managed to come in 5th. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOi_J0Xyx0Q

don't have proper cable machan :(

when was this??hmmm the benefit of a good roll cage eh?

Edited by Devinda_Z

i hope ferrari knows what they are doing..letting their star driver participate in something like this is taking one huge risk,particularly with the new season approaching,and with ongoing test sessions.....we need the driver's title this year(i'm a huge ferrari and massa fan BTW :D )

Ferrari are quite liberal that way..... I remember they let MS play football during a season as well :) .

Btw Kimi finished 13th overall. Not bad!

don't have proper cable machan :(

when was this??hmmm the benefit of a good roll cage eh?

This happened on day one. Well they showed it on Saturday.. Yes lucky fellow, Latvala also had a crash earlier but couldnt come out of it. he of course went off the road. Sordo had problems overshooting turn offs and once the engine died and Loeb also did overshoot a hairpin bur was back on track.

Check the highlights here macho,

This happened on day one. Well they showed it on Saturday.. Yes lucky fellow, Latvala also had a crash earlier but couldnt come out of it. he of course went off the road. Sordo had problems overshooting turn offs and once the engine died and Loeb also did overshoot a hairpin bur was back on track.

Check the highlights here macho,

adey superb - an official WRC channel! :)

i'm now on the verge of being totally fed up with WRC now that SWRT is out :( and more so by the fact that Loeb consistently keeps winning! <_<

Dont worry machang I think the two Ford drivers are about to break the Loeb Code (the guy is old by now 34+ and those reflections have to give way, if they dont it means the others arent getting better). This time was very close. And also ther is talk of him leaving next year, unless he wants to make the French happy by becoming the first to take the WRC crown 7 times just like what Schumi did in F1.

also ther is talk of him leaving next year, unless he wants to make the French happy by becoming the first to take the WRC crown 7 times just like what Schumi did in F1.

i thought i win this yr will make it 7? :unsure:

the guy is old by now 34+

...if he's like Sanath... :)

"age is no barrier" kiwwa lu :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

The Cyprus Rally has come to an end.

The winner needs no introduction., but the man who came third must be mentioned. Its Petter Solberg in a 2001 Citroen Xsara WRC... hmmm faster than sum factory drivers.

But the rally has been important to Mr. Loeb the winner as this was his 50th rally win. Guess none has done it.

http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&i...0Cyprus%20Rally!

http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&i...up%20to%20third