• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wrc

Devinda_Z

but the man who came third must be mentioned. Its Petter Solberg in a 2001 Citroen Xsara WRC... hmmm faster than sum factory drivers.

http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&i...up%20to%20third

hmmm so the old Norwegian has talent left in him yet!

very impressive given that he's racing a car designed just under a decade ago! :o

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm so the old Norwegian has talent left in him yet!

very impressive given that he's racing a car designed just under a decade ago! :o

Well... only if SWRT was a bit competitive and reliable the story would have been different me thinks... Or else that old Xsara still can compete in the highest form.

Its a damn shame that Citroen never had a performance churned out of the Xsara. (Ok the VTS was there, but 170bhp and front wheel drive)

Well... only if SWRT was a bit competitive and reliable the story would have been different me thinks... Or else that old Xsara still can compete in the highest form.

Its a damn shame that Citroen never had a performance churned out of the Xsara. (Ok the VTS was there, but 170bhp and front wheel drive)

i didn't want to admit it or make a comment rather without substantial backin, but from the little i recall of the STI9 generation WRC , it was hardly the picture of reliability , so it could well have been SWRT & Prodrive coming up with a poor tech performance - and given that Solberg is a driver who's won in the past , i'm not going to notch up this recent podium finish of his to luck but rather give him (& his antiquated , but not proving to be , yet capable , car) the benefit of the doubt

i didn't want to admit it or make a comment rather without substantial backin, but from the little i recall of the STI9 generation WRC , it was hardly the picture of reliability , so it could well have been SWRT & Prodrive coming up with a poor tech performance - and given that Solberg is a driver who's won in the past , i'm not going to notch up this recent podium finish of his to luck but rather give him (& his antiquated , but not proving to be , yet capable , car) the benefit of the doubt

It's all credit to the man me thinks. The old car was having its fair share of issues, but he did well to come third after fighting off Dani who had a lead of more than 30 secs.

• 3 weeks later...
Bad crash, but not as bad an impact as this by Solberg

A classic way to make a Sedan into a hatchback., maybe thats why Subaru made a hatchback.... lol.

On a serious note yes these roll cages are a must for any race car, it would have saved the life of many.

A classic way to make a Sedan into a hatchback., maybe thats why Subaru made a hatchback.... lol.

On a serious note yes these roll cages are a must for any race car, it would have saved the life of many.

ouch!! that just little bit worse i guess!

just outta curiosity , as the cars running the hill climbs gonna be fitted with roll cages as well? :huh:

• 6 months later...

Thought of giving this thread a bump now that the WRC season has come to an end.

Loeb wins, but just by one point and that to me is a good sign in WRC. After six long years there's someone who can compete head to head with the old man.

" WRC Compared to your five previous WRC titles, how difficult has this one been?

Loeb "Really hard. The start was good, with five victories, but then we went into a time where nothing was going right. I did a mistake in Greece, we broke the cross-member in Poland and then it was difficult to find the confidence again because everybody thought I went off the road twice in a row. Even though the second one wasn't my fault, we didn't know that at the time. Then we had the penalty in Australia. But in Australia I also found my confidence again. I knew we could win. But this has been first time we have arrived at the last race of the year knowing we had to win it to win the Championship. That was another type of pressure. When you have won the title three rallies before the end it’s no big pressure, because you know, okay, if I finish third I will still be Champion and that’s okay, but when you arrive like that on the last rally and you know that everything will be decided here it makes it a bit special."

That just sums up just how difficult he would have had it.

I do think that Petter needs backing from a team, which would help him score more podiums (okay he was in the Citroen Junior Team, but him a junior?).

And on other news looks like Ken Block is going to recruit Chris Atkinson to his team. http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&i...r%20opportunity

And Loeb wont be driving in the Dubai F1 this season (sad) http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&i...ve%20for%20Loeb

I would have loved to see him drive in F1, but it seems not so. Hmm...

I do think that Petter needs backing from a team, which would help him score more podiums (okay he was in the Citroen Junior Team, but him a junior?).

Any news of a slight posibilty of Subaru coming back to WRC for at least 2011 or even 2012? :unsure: Miss seeing that blue beauty on the stages and petters heated arguments after a stage. :(

i was checking some pics of Ken Blocks 9 and 10, 9 look absolutely gorgeous

yeah his cars are sweet. But you know I don't think the 10 is that bad looking.. Sure it's not as nice as the 9.. But there's something about it.

subaru-wrx-sti-330s-front-quarter-1024x6

Does that really look that bad?? I mean I think it's bloody gorgeous.. Although first time I saw it I wanted to cry. But now that I've seen it for some time.. :D

Edited by virensti

yeah his cars are sweet. But you know I don't think the 10 is that bad looking.. Sure it's not as nice as the 9.. But there's something about it.

Does that really look that bad?? I mean I think it's bloody gorgeous.. Although first time I saw it I wanted to cry. But now that I've seen it for some time.. :D

I disagree. The 10 looks soft. My neighbour has a new 2009 sedan and THAT looks so much better...And compared to the Evo X well, actually there's no comparision. The Evo X is just bad ass!

I disagree. The 10 looks soft. My neighbour has a new 2009 sedan and THAT looks so much better...And compared to the Evo X well, actually there's no comparision. The Evo X is just bad ass!

True it looks abit soft.. But I guess its a matter taste as well. At first I thought the Evo X was stunning, now I can't stand high rear its got.. It's weird.. But as I said, tastes differ :)

well when Motormag launch this car in Singapore i was there and for my eyes this dose not look gud,

well when Motormag launch this car in Singapore i was there and for my eyes this dose not look gud,

:( :( :( :( ah well.. I stand by what I say though. It's gorgeous :D hehe cheers mate.