• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Breaking News

ash

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard only Thilan is receiving treatments in hospital now.Rest discharged.Thank god !!! Pray speedy recovery for Thilan!!

MINIACE

thank god they are safe!...i cant even begin to imagine what our cricketing future will be like if we lost those onjured guys...

http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/video_streaming.php

live feed for all of u living abroad! crazy stuff!!

thanks andrew for the link...speacilly as my TV was down

Fu*k pakistan

errr...this wasn't done by all pakistani's machang....only a handful of batshit crazy terrorists is more like it!

I always loved cricket.Im never a good player but a hardcore fan. I loved and respected cricketers. This news is an absolutely shocking one to me.

We got to treat this very seriously without pointing fingers among ourselves. For sure this is the opportunity Arjuna found to slam SLC and minister. I’ll cut my right ear if he doesn’t use this opening. Add he will very conveniently overlook whos really behind this cowardly action.This is the sad story of being a Sri Lankan.

MINIACE

Hashan Thilakaratne already blamed the Govt for sending the team in the first place :mellow:

but we should never forget the fact that the PCB & BCCI stood by us in 1996...

its a travesty , but from a logical stand point any national team is a soft target

they've caught four gunmen , so lets see what kind of info they yield...

errr...this wasn't done by all pakistani's machang....only a handful of batshit crazy terrorists is more like it!

Agree on the last point

Pakistan can’t be blamed in whole – Bunch of terrorists just like the LTTE.

Remember Mexico wanted the UN to tie out hands Y u may ask

Well the drug trafficking is carried out by LTTE – thanks to China & Russia who opposed it. Same with Pakistan – they have been supplying us with arms when the whole world said no including India

Praying for a speedy recovery for all injured in the attack -

Only few gud people live in Pakistan, its a country of terrorists, Most of the Muslim terrorist orgernisations operate from pakistan, why no bullet proof bus ? how on earth 12 gunmen shoot a bus on open streets ? we face more dangerious terrorists in SL but never experieanced something like this,

Hashan Thilakaratne already blamed the Govt for sending the team in the first place :mellow:

but we should never forget the fact that the PCB & BCCI stood by us in 1996...

its a travesty , but from a logical stand point any national team is a soft target

they've caught four gunmen , so lets see what kind of info they yield...

Hashan is a UNP orgerniser and hes talkn Political BS, in 1996 Pakistan and India visited SL when other countries didnt want to come, Cricket in South asia is like a one union, even in ICC South Asia has the power,

never thought this day will come i finally got bit of good news to break in this thread

cabral has finally realized the grave economic situation in SL and has decided to seek IMF's help in the form of a $1.9billion loan. funny bit is it was not too long ago he was refusing to go to IMF or the World Bank for help saying they are a thread to sri lanka’s sovereignty (my ass)

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...spx?ARTID=42386

IMF was very voicefull when the L/C margin was increased by 100% hope they'll put pressure to abolish it as a prerequisite for the loan

never thought this day will come i finally got bit of good news to break in this thread

cabral has finally realized the grave economic situation in SL and has decided to seek IMF's help in the form of a $1.9billion loan. funny bit is it was not too long ago he was refusing to go to IMF or the World Bank for help saying they are a thread to sri lanka’s sovereignty (my ass)

We've got a close relative of Mr. Cabraal here in the forums..... Even though he canvassed for him in the past, now refuses to be even identified as a relative.....

Edited by madmax

We've got a close relative of Mr. Cabraal here in the forums..... Even though he canvassed for him in the past, now refuses to be even identified as a relative.....

ha ha ha i know who you talking about. sad part is i too talked high of him when he was contesting under the UNP ticket. unfortunately wasn't old enough to vote back then or otherwise i would have. the man does boast of an impressive list of academic qualifications. but unfortunately like many sri lankan lack practical knowledge i believe. someone should seriously do something to get him off his current position, he has done enough damage for another generation to come. where is vasu when we need him LOL

Someone should get him off his current position not for his lack of sense, but for his willingness to do anything coming from on high to stay in power. I highly doubt any action of his is coz he realized anything or thought of anything. That includes not going earlier, and the going now. Gives string puppets a whole new meaning.

Someone should get him off his current position not for his lack of sense, but for his willingness to do anything coming from on high to stay in power. I highly doubt any action of his is coz he realized anything or thought of anything. That includes not going earlier, and the going now. Gives string puppets a whole new meaning.

you got a very valid point. chinthanaya as the minister of finance should take the full blame but then again cabral as one of his main advisers should take some responsibility too. especially when he's directly involved in the policy making process. i'm sure chinthanaya had no clue about hedging and the current sterilized intervention, all of them are brain childs of cabral and his colleagues

• 1 month later...
Nation Building Tax increased from 1% to 3%

http://www.lankaenews.com/English/news.php?id=7483

lets lights up some more fire crackers

This was in the pipelines. A mere 2% increase on paper doesnt look too big, but when u do add up the taxes its a big amount that will be increased.

Was told that the SL Customs are no way near their expected mark in terms of revenue (almost less than half of what was expected, which sadly is lesser than what they got last year). So by increasing taxes do you think the government will benefit specially in this current market situ where people dont buy much high end stuff. Leave aside high end stuff, even the Mobile phone business has suffered.

At its inception the Nation Building Tax was taken from the profit shown (cant remember the word, since am at home) to the Inland revenue, but then from the 1st of Jan or something it was added on top of everything that was sold or invoiced as well as on stuff that were cleared, just to make some money.

I'm not saying the Nation Building Tax is bad, you need money to build the east and the Wanni after the war.

I'm against it in the way that they are trying to rob the people. Cut down their (the parliament, MP's, Govrnmnt Min expenditure & etc) and use that money. Put a stop to unnecessary expenses, you will get more money for building the nation.

Bottom line is this is not the time to increase the taxes as many a person in top level would be advising.

This was in the pipelines. A mere 2% increase on paper doesnt look too big, but when u do add up the taxes its a big amount that will be increased.

Was told that the SL Customs are no way near their expected mark in terms of revenue (almost less than half of what was expected, which sadly is lesser than what they got last year). So by increasing taxes do you think the government will benefit specially in this current market situ where people dont buy much high end stuff. Leave aside high end stuff, even the Mobile phone business has suffered.

At its inception the Nation Building Tax was taken from the profit shown (cant remember the word, since am at home) to the Inland revenue, but then from the 1st of Jan or something it was added on top of everything that was sold or invoiced as well as on stuff that were cleared, just to make some money.

I'm not saying the Nation Building Tax is bad, you need money to build the east and the Wanni after the war.

I'm against it in the way that they are trying to rob the people. Cut down their (the parliament, MP's, Govrnmnt Min expenditure & etc) and use that money. Put a stop to unnecessary expenses, you will get more money for building the nation.

Bottom line is this is not the time to increase the taxes as many a person in top level would be advising.

this is going to turn up just like CBK's defense levy. initially it was meant to be for only 3 years (if i remember right this tax too is only for 2 or 3 years) but it lasted about 7-8 years with no clear outcome gained from the tax money.

straight from the horses mouth

“When the people gave me a mandate in 2005 their only demand was to save the country from disintegration and unite it at any cost. They did not ask me to bring the CoL or prices of goods down. They did not want me to find employment for unemployed youth because all these issues were minor problems before terrorism that threatened to divide this country into pieces,”

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...spx?ARTID=46431

reminds me of ######## Gunawardana's comment on reducing cost of living soon after crossing over. jokers......

another "breaking news"....58 div just found prabakarans soiled diapers! :) :) :)

supposedly stocks are also up whatever that means...

must start planning for a long due roadtrip to ex-eelam :)